First Day as a Cheerleader

Taming the Casanova
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With today being my first day back at school for my senior year at Seoul High, I was walking to my classroom in the hallway carrying my cheerleading bag and backpack trying to get to my class as soon as possible. I find it relieving that my teacher made a request to have me in her class up through graduation. I was hoping to host my own after-school tutoring session every day this year for my classmates, but I didn't thanks, to Krystal,  for recruiting me on to the cheerleading squad over spring break.

"Excuse me, do you know where the school gym is perhaps?" This guy asked me tapping on my shoulder from behind.

"Uh, yeah I do, I could lead you most of the way since it's near my class, just follow me," I said without bothering to turn around to take a better look at the guy talking to me as I started to walk again.

"So, I'm assuming you're a cheerleader aren't you?"

"No, um, yeah, well not officially at the moment, I was only recruited this year."

"Oh, I see, you didn't really want to join?"

"Not really. Oh, the gym's over there, Just walk the door out to the building outside and that's the gym.

"Thanks," he said as I continued walking to class.

Gosh! Why am I so rude? The guy might have wanted to be my friend!

 

~Flashback~

"Jiyeon! Someone at the door wants to talk to you!" Chanyeol called as I came down from my bedroom.

Chanyeol leaving the door when I arrived, to my surprise, it was Krystal, we had class together but never talked since I sat at the front and she was in the middle of class, "How did you know where I lived? Did you need something?"

"Oh, I live a few blocks away and yeah, actually, can we talk?" Krystal asked with a worried look on her face.

"Sure," I said.

"Well, you know how our basketball team lost every game last year right?"

"Yeah, and the jocks hate you girls now?"

"No, I mean, yeah, well they hated us before this but they hate us even more now since, Eunkyo, our current coordinator is always showing up at practice drunk, but even if she isn't, she teaches us these terrible routines that you see every game."

"So, you want me to join the squad and try to make things better then? Although, I'm a little confused since I thought it was just the team itself doing a terrible play."

"Well, more specifically, I was hoping you could replace Eunkyo since seeing you in dance competitions in middle school, I thought you were great."

"I don't know yet, I gotta think about it but I'll let you know later."

~End of Flashback~

As much as I worry about my best friends hating me, who I rarely talked to anymore these days, I ended up joining the squad not because I was worried about the cheerleaders hating me but more for the school's reputation.

Hmm, I probably should bring this bag to the locker room while I'm at it if I don't want anyone to know anything this instant.

I rushed from in front of the classroom being careful to not be seen by anyone on the way to the gym. About to open the door to the gym, before I could, it was already being opened from inside so I stumbled nearly falling to the ground. Of course, it had to be a jock as I expected.

"What the hell? Could you cheerleaders ever watch where you're going?"

Scoffing I said, "Maybe instead of instead of using your energy hating us, you should put more into your matches, Chanyeol will be angry if he heard you insulting me."

As I was about to walk past the jock as he blinked a few times and spat out saying, "W-wait a minute! Aren't you Chanyeol's sister, Jiyeon? What are you doing here with that bag?"

"Don't worry, he already knows about it. Just don't tell Woohyun. I should be the one to tell him, I'm his best friend, how do you know my name?"

"Oh, I was a good friend of your brother's, I'm Kim Jongin, and I'm sorry for insulting you and I promise I won't."

About to walk into the locker room, I saw Krystal, Eunkyo and a few other cheerleaders gathering around together seemingly trying to see something, wondering what was going on, I walked towards the crowd and saw them swooning over this guy I totally never saw before.

"What are you guys doing," I finally asked.

"You see that guy over there, he's the new student that everyone was talking about at the end of last year," Krystal said.

"Oh, seems like he's a hit with all the girls then," I said as I turned my heels heading to the locker room to finally put everything away and heading straight back to my class not worrying about avoiding anyone.

Surprisingly No one was yet to arrive so I went to take a seat at the front corner of the room next to the window where I sat the year before. I pulled out a book from my backpack and started to read hoping today was going to be a good day. As time went by, more students came in, it wasn't surprising that the popular students didn't come in until the last few minutes before class starts, especially the kingkas and queenkas who sat at the very back.

"Hey Jiyeon!" 2 cheerful voices greeted me. Looking up from my book, I saw Hyomin and Woohyun sitting be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter