Rubrics & FAQ

Milkywave [EXO] Writing Contest

Rubrics


01. Follow all the rules stated and contents nothing that goes against the rules.

02. Nice plot, smooth story flow and proper/tolerable grammar. It just has to be good enough for us to be able to understand it without struggling with it. If you are serious about this contest, then get a beta reader if you are not sure about your grammar. We can accept a few errors here and there though.

03. You enjoyed working on it and we enjoyed reviewing your stories. This is the most important part!

04. Horror, thriller and fluff/cute stories will be reviewed first, and will get bonus points too. We need more fanfics with these genres, honestly. P.S. we still love angst! That's our favourite tea. Just saying. :-)

05. Be nice, okay. We do not tolerate salty people, we love sweets.

06. Please take note that we are judging based on the story itself and not the characters or pairings. We love all of the members equally, 'cause we are ONE!
 



FAQs


Q: Can the story be M-rated?
A: Yes, as long as you are not romantizing (this includes consensual . with characters aged under 18).


Q: Can we have a co-author?
A: Yes, but remember that it is your responsibility to divide the winning prize later (especially the karma points). For special gift, we will try our best to be fair for both parties.


Q: Can it be a story that I've written a long time ago?
A: No, unless it is published in June 2017 or later.


Q: If I have bad grammar, will it lower my chances of winning?
A: We would rather you have good grammar so we can understand the story better. It doesn't have to be perfect, just good enough for us to understand. If you really are serious about this contest, then we recommend you to get a beta reader.


Q: Can we enter more than one story?
A: The maximum is two.


Q: Can we include pairings as the side story?
A: Sorry, but no. Let's just be straight here.


Q: If we use not really popular members as the main characters, will we still have the chance to win? 
A: There's no such thing as popular and non-popular members when we are talking about EXO. We love everyone of them equally. Feel free to choose anyone that you like. Your joy is our priority here. No stress, please.

 

Q: Can I include ex-members too?
A: You can, but not as the lead character. The second lead or cameos is acceptable.

 

Q: You stated in the rules that it is encouraged for us to write fics with those particular members as the lead. What do you mean by that exactly?
A: We do realize the amount of fanfics of them as the lead is unlikely as many as the other members (Kai, Sehun, Baekhyun & Chanyeol). We stated so because we are aware there are so many stans out there craving for more fics featuring them, but unfortunately most of the fics they could find here are fics. Therefore, we came up with the rule. However, it is still up to you to choose which member you would like for your fics as long as it would be among NINE of them.