[baekhyun] excuse me?

exo oneshots!

“One Frappuccino for…” you chuckled as you saw what you have written.

Cute.

“Baekhyun!”

But it was Bacon.

You handed the cup to the cute boy who is wearing a round glasses and an oversized grey sweatshirt and matching blazer. He comes here very often to study with a laptop on his usual table, two neon colored highlighters and stacks of papers which you assume that he’s been working on his thesis. He scrunched his nose in annoyance when he saw the name written on the cup.

He was a regular customer on this coffee shop while you on the other hand, just started a week ago. The previous in charge moved into another city and that gave you the opportunity to find this part time job to help you on having allowance while you were on your semestral break.

A week ago, Baekhyun came to order his usual but he keeps on getting the wrong name on his drink. First, it was Bakehyun then followed by Brakehyun, Daehyun, Baekhyum and now Bacon.The tiny college student had enough of your antics and decided to confront you.

And this is not what you have expected.

“Excuse me.” Baekhyun cleared his throat to get that intimidating impression. You looked at him with confusion but you decided to go along. “Yes, sir?”

“Are you trying to mock me? Or are you just deaf so you couldn’t hear what my name really is?”

You were taken aback by his actions. Almost everyone was staring at the both of you, checking on what’s the commotion is all about but you gathered yourself together as much as you could and wrote a mental note to yourself that this is work, that you should act professionally according to the rules, which the comfort and satisfaction of customers fall under those regulations.

“I am so sorry, sir.” You said. You couldn’t even look at him directly but he deserves an explanation behind these stuffs. “It’s just that I’ve seen you working hard on whatever you were doing. You seemed stressed to me so I purposely misspelled your name to uh, hopefully brighten up your day.”

Baekhyun just stared at you the whole time. Maybe he was not that interested to whatever your reason was and he just needed you to stop on doing it on purpose.

You continued, with a little rambling slipped into your tongue. “I am very sorry, sir. This won’t happen again in the future-“

Your apology was interrupted when the senior manager called you inside. You vowed your apologies for the last time and entered the room, leaving Baekhyun behind and the embarrassing Bacon printed on his cup.

-

Baekhyun came the next day. He was about to order the usual but he noticed that the cashier in front of him was not you. The name Baekhyun was written on his cup, perfectly adequate and accurate.

Today, he was making his finishing touches on his thesis. He was ready to print it all out and compile it in a book bind. When everything was already okay with him, he closed his laptop.

He couldn’t stop staring at the cup.

It felt somehow wrong.

-

While he was heading to the coffee shop, he plans to buy a new one, ditching the usual. His agony in making his thesis has finally come into an end but despite of all the chances he could relax, he is being bothered by something.

He thought that maybe his confrontation was harsher than he thought it would be. Maybe settling into another drink with the reference of your suggestion would spark a new side of this he-doesn’t-know-maybe-a-cup-mates relationship.

And so he walked and entered but you were still not around.

Sitting in his local spot, Baekhyun was printed on his cup. He held it and looked at it very carefully. It wasn’t your handwriting; there were no smiley faces or doodles of leaves and flowers. It was plain and simple.

Come to think of it, he was stressed with everything. Piled up with school works, not having any time for himself but there was you, tried to cross that border between sulking himself into striving hard to pass the semester and having some quality time to take a break.

It was such a nice gesture, he thought.

And he has to admit that those purposely misspelled names were cute after all.

“Hi. Can I ask where did the previous employee go?”

-

You were fixing and wiping equipments that are used to make coffee beverages when you heard the door open. You were greeted by the sight of a person who you haven’t seen in days. The one that you’ve been planning to avoid the most.

Baekhyun.

You looked at the nearest clock and noticed that it is already 11 in the evening.

How come he came here around this time?

You could feel that awkward tension filling up the atmosphere. It was slowly painful that it made you want to run and hide in a bush until he walks away but reality is a reality, customer is a customer. Be professional, you whispered to yourself.

When you get his order and get his name right, this would be all over.

And here you thought he would never see even a glance of you as your manager assigned you to a night shift.

“Good evening, sir.” You greeted properly and brushed off all the worries and the embarrassment that you are currently having on your mind. Baekhyun has set his eyes on you, almost prying in every movement that you make. “Can I have your order?”

“You know, the usual.”

“Frappuccino?”

“Yes.”

“Anything else, sir?”

Baekhyun shifted his eyes at the stacks of cups beside you. He went on like that for a couple of seconds and there you are, waiting for a signal for you to continue accomplishing his order.

“Actually do me a favor.”

“What is it, sir?”

“Change my name into something else.”

“Into something else…?”

“Yeah.” Baekhyun chuckled, amused at your confused expression.

“And what would that be?”

You were dumbfounded of what is happening but you swore to God if this is one of his ways to get back at you, you wouldn’t even think of apologizing again.

Baekhyun smiled at you. The smile that you have never seen, the one behind his stern and frowned face when he’s concentrated into typing and flipping pages of his textbooks. Your lips curled into a smile as soon as you heard the cutest name you had ever written on his cup.

“Bacon.”