[chanyeol] drunken truth

exo oneshots!

“He doesn’t love you.”

One shot.

“He is just being nice to you.”

Two shots.

“He doesn’t deserve someone like you.”

Three shots.

“You’re good at ing things up.”

Four shots.

“You’re used to being that close friend. You’ll do well.”

You giggle, feeling pity for yourself as you took your fifth shot of this drink that you don’t even remember its name. It tastes nice, but the bitterness that is causing your heart to ache doesn’t seem to go away even though you’re already drunk.

This was your routine. You’ll feel fine most of the days, and then you’ll sulk in a pub when you feel like being alone and drown in your thoughts, hoping anything that won’t make you sober will make you forget Chanyeol.

But the funny thing is that most of the time, you keep on leaving your keys here, your wallet, but never him.

Chanyeol, you ing .

You looked at your phone and it’s already 12:34 in the evening. You wanted to go home, but none of your friends seem to pick up. You had one person in mind but you’re not pretty sure if it’s a good idea to call him in the middle of the night.

See. You’re not even together and yet you’re already being a burden.

You sighed as you scrolled through your contact list. His name appeared on the screen and you let out another sigh before clicking the ring button.

You owe me one thing, so I might as well bother you.

Your call was immediately answered within three rings. He’s probably working on a song right now which he always do around this time, you thought.

“Hey. What’s up?” His voice seems like he had just woken up. And God, you feel so embarrassed for disturbing him. .

You wanted to hang up but you thought that it would make everything worse than it is right now. You fumbled a gum in your pocket and chewed it, hoping it will make you less sober to sound fine and convincing.

“Ah, nothing!” You exclaimed. “I was just wondering where you are right now…?” You had no idea you were slurring your words. You stood up to get a proper reception but you stumbled upon a chair. A lady asked if you were okay. You gave her a smile, brushed it off and left.

Chanyeol sighed over the phone and said, “No. Where are you? I’m going to pick you up.”

“It’s fine. You don’t have to. I was just asking if-“

“I said, where are you?

You huffed in annoyance, but you know you couldn’t resist him. “The usual. The one that is like, five minutes away from your block.”

“Alright,” then he hung up.

You scratched your head, feeling worse than before. You were a complete mess and you had no courage to face Chanyeol like this.

But why would he even care? He never looked at you the same as you look at him. You loved him for almost two years now, and you don’t know whether to feel sad for yourself or if you feel like you deserve a pat on your shoulder that you haven’t ed anything up between you two because of your stupid attachment. You’re far from his ideal type. You know him too well if he likes someone, and your heart clenches every time he rants about this girl who wouldn’t even take the chance to date him. You’re used to be that friend who spends the night in his dorm, giving advice on how he should be treating women romantically or how he can get over about a girl who dumped him a few weeks ago.

These women are stupid, you thought. Because if you dated him, you’ll probably be the one who will spoil the out of him because you know that he will do anything for the people that he loves dearly.

And you hate the fact that you’re hurting because of it and you hate that you have fallen deeply for Chanyeol.

You were lost in your thoughts until someone was waving his hand in front of your face. It’s him. He wrapped around his jacket and walked you out. You felt your sleepiness taking over you and after that, you don’t remember anything anymore.

You’re quite certain that he tucked you into sleep and heard the words I love you that came from his mouth last night, but you refuse to believe it because you were absolutely drunk,

And it is too good to be true.