إثنين

Scribble on my Skin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I hope you all enjoy this chapter just as much as you enjoyed the previous one :*

 

- How come everyone seems so surprised when I tell them I hate chocolate?

That was practically the first thing I’ve sent my nameless soulmate as soon as I sat down on a random chair from the middle rows, strewing all of my things on my table and recalling the KitKat incident I just had with Byun Baekhyun.

I was sure at this time of the day; my soulmate had classes as well. I know he was a Senior, in some college I didn’t know the name of (or the major) because I was an idiot and hadn’t asked him about it. Not because I didn’t care enough to know, but because I was scared of the answer. So what if he was in a college nearby mine? Or even mine itself? Or what if that question made him ask about me more, like my name; or where I am living just to get me?

You see, people were limitless, when you don’t know them at least. From afar, you could look at anyone and picture them in the way you wanted to picture them in, perfectly or realistically, or in whatever shape or form you want them to be. But when you get closer – and that is the whole problem – there is limits to them, there are things to them you either don’t want them to have; or you can’t handle for the life of you, so you end up extremely disappointed.

In a sense, this was selfish, very, because you are only thinking about what you want these people to be, and sometimes, it is alright to have standards and needs that you want to find in someone else; but if these standards exceeded your expectations, was it alright for you to hate? Of course not - unless they ended up having sociopathic characteristics, then you can either help them or hate them – I liked to believe that I wasn’t being selfish with wanting my soulmate to be the person I imagine him to be in my head, because I’m tired of disappointment, disappointment in people. Initially, this is my problem for expecting too much, but was it a sin to? To want them to be what you want them to be?

This was a predicament I always held inside of me, and it was why I refused to talk to my soulmate for the first sixteen years of my life; even when he constantly sent me messages that spread on every part of my body, reflecting the inked words on his.

- That’s because they don’t hate chocolate.

Instantly, his reply came to me, and I realized that my lips were curling on a smile at his answer, not because of his words; but because of him, because he was here, with me, always. I probably haven’t felt so attached to someone this much, and I had thought it wasn’t healthy to be so drawn to someone like that, especially if I don’t know who he was. But if soulmates were chosen for us by a strong, godly deity, then it must have been alright to attach ourselves to each other.

- Yes, but is it really necessary to be surprised over it? You haven’t been surprised when I told you, you even call me KitKat just to tease me.

I scribbled back furiously on the skin of my wrist, taking a fleeting stare around me, noticing that only minimal people were in the lecture hall, five persons tops.

- That’s because I’m cute, and they’re not.

- How is cuteness a reason for that?

The smile I had on my lips was already large enough to reveal the two small curves along my cheeks: dimples, an attribute my Mother adored, something only I and Sejon were able to harbor from my father’s side.

- That’s because cuteness is a reason for everything.

He replied, lamely, and I narrowed my eyes at my wrist dangerously, as if he were really standing in front of me and watching me. Then, as if he truly was around me, gauging my reactions; he sent me an awkward drawing of a smiley face, indicating he was only joking.

- :)

I knew he was joking, because that kind of statement wouldn’t simply come out of his intelligent mouth unless he was in a really, really good mood.

Or maybe trying to fake his joy.

- Can you stop with the repetition of ‘That’s because.’ Please.

I tried to divert my attention elsewhere aside the complicated emoji.

- I tell you, you have OCD about the way everyone repeats things and grammar.

He sent back, making me bite on my lips just to suppress the giant smile that was taking over my face. Although it went unsuccessful, as the emotions he evoked out of me were too big to suppress by biting my chapped lips.

- And also long nails. I hate those.

I managed to write, quickly; and his reply came as quickly, almost like he was eager to talk to me. I was just as eager to talk to him; I absolutely felt relieved to have him with me. He managed to pierce a part of my cold heart, a part no one could reach.

- And shabby hair.

- Feet too, definitely.

I helped exposing myself, not like these informations were considered a secret or something. I just.. tend to tell him everything, being born in a family that doesn’t listen, you long to be heard at least once, and he was perfect for that.

- And mess in general.

- Please stop with using And’s.

- Okay, sweetheart, I’ll stop.

I grinned at the endearment name, something I usually find gross when it comes to other people. But since he was different, I already knew he’d be someone allowed to do anything and not make it gross, or say anything that I naturally despise and also make it sound like flowers coming out of him.

- <3

That last drawn heart was both from me, and from him. I was clearly whipped, for him, or at least for the version of the man I had for him and vaguely made from all of our interactions. This was something troublesome for me, because what if I found this person, and figured out he was completely different from the imagination I had of him? It’d definitely be my problem for writing personality aspects of him all through my mind and connecting dots that probably don’t lead to what I glued together. That, I acknowledged, but the results of this, would I be able to endure? Would I be able to take it when he does appear to be completely different?

This.. a constant thought in my head, and I knew it was my fault for not drawing a stop line on it, so it won’t cross it. But I didn’t, I couldn’t, this fantasy was basically the only thing I have hope for. What would remain of me if I demolished this only light?

My thoughts were so deep that I didn’t notice how much I had fallen into them until I was pulled back to real life by a heavy body dropping down on the seat beside me, followed by an irritated sigh.

“I’m very tired.”

I rolled my eyes at the whine in his tone, immediately knowing who was loud enough to create such noise

“You’re always tired,” I replied, capping my pen and then pulling it inside my blouse’s pocket. I turned to Joonmyeon with that calculating look on my face, dropping my eyes to every nook and crane to his body, noticing the sluggishness of his shoulders; and how messy his clothes were. Not in a casual, y kind of messy, but like a real mess, and I wanted to laugh at him, seriously; if it weren’t by the scowl on his face, already catching up to my intentions, I’d have laughed.

“Let me guess, you had a wild party yesterday night and hadn’t had the chance to sleep early? I know all about it from Sehun.” I finished my words; looking down at my bare arms and wondering where my soulmate went. He seemed to end that conversation of ours right after those hearts we sent to each other, almost like he knew Joonmyeon would come and bother me with his presence. Maybe he was just busy, he does have classes himself this morning too.

“Sehun isn’t very amazing with holding secrets.” Joonmyeon moaned in pain, clutching his head that I was sure was pounding because of the headache three bottles of whiskey caused. I know because I’ve been to Joonmyeon’s crazy parties, even though we weren’t such great friends — Joonmyeon considers himself my friend though — and I have noticed how he drinks, like a deprived barbarian monkey. I also had my own shares of headaches because of alcohol, so it wasn’t like I didn’t join the monkeys’ club with him.

“He didn’t tell me anything,” I told him casually, remembering just what happened yesterday night when the entire house was woken up by Sehun’s drunk antics. “He was just.. making too many noises trying to walk to his room without waking Mom.”

Sehun and Joonmyeon were friends long before I knew the kid, not like I cared or anything; it was even one of the reasons I kept pushing him away

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter