Accidents

Accident

He is a loud guy, he likes the sound of a room full of activities and conversations, but that doesn’t mean he didn’t like silence; He did, especially when he got a long day, and he could say that this is really a long and tiring day. But a quiet place, especially his place where he can only hear Chorong, his childhood best friend sighs while making food is something he is not comfortable. It’s almost an hour when they reached his home, and she helped him sit on the couch, but he didn’t hear even a single word from her, she didn’t even look at him, and if he recall it correctly she was like that even in the hospital, and it’s stressing him out. Based on his experience (and he is an expert since they were friends since primary grade) there is nothing good will come if Park Chorong is that quiet.

He tried to act that whatever on the tv entertained him, but the moment he saw Chorong moving toward him holding a pot of stew, he immediately put his injured leg down the coffee table and smile at her (hoping that will ease her anger). That moment, he realized he made another mistake because if look could kill, he knows for sure that he won’t be breathing this moment.

“Yah! Put your leg back in coffee table! Your table is big enough for your leg and the food, stupid!” 

“Sorry, I wasn’t thinking…” he immediately says because Chorong is already scary but a Chrong holding something can make him stand on his injured leg.

“Aish, I know you never think!”  She hissed and glared at him while ensuring the pot is in safe distance from him.

He remains quiet while watching her set up their table, hoping it will help him in some way.

He watched carefully in his sideline if she is eating, because if he would plead guilty, the best time is while she is eating.

He nudged her, and slowly face her while ensuring that he won’t add any injury to his left leg.

“Chorongie…” He started

“Hmp!” She rolled her eyes and continue eating, Okay, Changsub, its clear, she is not that mad. Say your apologies, quick!

I am sorry, for whatever…” His apologies cut mid-air when he saw tears drop from her eyes and she started to hiccup. If he is afraid of a quiet Chorong, he really hates a crying one because he feels helpless every time this happens.

He carefully moved their plates and hugged her. His right hands soothe her back and he started whispering soothing words when she tightened her arms around his torso and hid her face in his chest,

He knows her crying fit has ended when she removed her arms around him, and glare at him again. Oh dear, this girl will be the death of him for sure, he didn’t know who else is this pretty after crying, and her glare is too adorable, Changsub-ah get hold of yourself okay, you already decided to forget.

“Yah, Lee Changsub! Don’t ever scare me like that okay!” She shouts while lightly hitting his shoulder.

“I was really afraid when the hospital staff told me you were in an accident, and you are unconscious! And when I reach there and saw how bad your leg is…” Tears started to flow from her face again, yet her glare is still sharp. He wanted to laugh on how cute she is right now, but he knows he shouldn’t, a snicker right now will not help him in anyway.

His mind is not too sharp today, so he is grateful for his reflexes. He hugged her, kissed her temple and whisper his apologies. What more can he say, given what happened this day, even himself admit it was a stupid thing to do.  He is just glad that he only dislocated his foot, and no other fractures. He is also surprise when he saw her when he opened his eyes, he first thought he was just hallucinating until he remembers she is his first emergency contact.

“No one told you to stop practicing skateboard but doing a dangerous trick on your business suit just because a kid dared you to do so is really one for the book you know, and there are part of me always know how stupid you are. I hate hospitals and seeing you there unconscious with a broken leg scare the hell out of me.” She said while controlling her sniffle.

“Don’t ever do that again okay, if you want to play again, call the guys and wear appropriate gears. If you will scare me like this again, I promise to break your leg myself, and call Sungjae and Ilhoon to take turns torturing you!” She distanced herself a little bit to ensure he will see her glare and put back her face in his chest. He chuckled hearing her threat, for all of his 28 year of existence, she is the only one who can make a threat like that and look so endearing. He knows after this, his decision to forget his feeling towards his best friend vanished into thin air, and somehow, he regret nothing. Because this girl in his arms, is worth the shot and maybe this coming week he may find the courage to admit it but for now, he will enjoy this moment.