Chapter 1 : Strawberry

You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-few years ago-

*beep beep beep*
Alarm sound make a petite figure stir in her sleep, she grab a blue dragon plushie and hug it tighly.

*beep beep beep*
The alarm still try to awake her. With annoyed sleepy face she wake up and turn down her alarm, clicking the button make the alarm light on,

"It's 7.30.." she said, still processing everything. Suddenly she widen her eyes,

"Damn! I'm late!!" While running into the bathroom, brushing her white teeth, wash her face, then go out put her black OFF-White shirt and jeans, apply some light make up, and tied her hair into pony tail. She look at the mirror, checking her make up then spray her white musk body shop parfume, grab her bag, and running downstairs.

"I'm late on my first day of 3rd semester, oh God, I hope that witch doesn't come yet, you are so dead Bae JooHyun!" she said for herself while grab a toast and bite it, let it hanging at while put her black vans shoes. After struggling with her shoes, she grab her car keys and go to her car immediately, start it then drive as fast as she can to Seoul National University.

--
-Irene POV-

"" I cursed when the clock hit 8:15, I run into my classes hoping most hated lecturer in history of my major doesn't come yet, and lucky me she hasn't. I look for a certain tall girl and sit beside her. When I lay my on the chair, that witch enter the class.

"Morning, sorry I'm 5 minutes late. Let's start the class now" said Mrs. Kim, my Basic Finance lecturer, most of us call her 'witch' because.. she's a witch, giving her students 10 years of financial records and asked us to solve it, count every error, and make a new damn records that should be use to minimizing any company loss with only 1 week. I worked for that like a mad woman and still got a B+.

"Yah Bae JooHyun!! Where have you been? You almost got into that witch 'late on first day' list! You are lucky today is Welcoming ceremony for freshmen" Said Solar, the girl who sat beside me, my bestie.

"Tell you later, please don't get us into trouble" I whisper while taking out my notes and try to focus on the lesson.

--

10.30 AM

"Enough for today, see you guys at the next meeting" said the witch, then gathering her stuff and walk out of the class. All the students exhale and start chatting.

"Yah Solar, do you have class after this?" I ask,

"No, why? I have it later, after lunch break." She said, look up from her phone.

'But I have.. It's still 10.31, and my class start at 10.45, skip or not? It's first day tho' putting my index finger on my forehead, close my eyes and frowning.

"I'm thinking to skip the next class." While looking at Solar and put my things in my bag.

"What is it?" Solar ask,

"International Business" I said, I'm in Business Major and Solar is in Finance Major, whe might have some join classes, but not all.

"Meh, you already excell at everything, why bother?" Solar shrugged and we walk out of class room.

"I'm regret asking for your opinion" while rolled my eyes.

"I'm planning to visit choir room, we have club introduction & class demo for freshmen, wanna join?" She ask, my ears perked when hear Solar said Choir club,

"I'm bored and go to class just make it worse, so yes" I said, but hoping that my crush will be there,

"Sure, Leggooo~" we walk out from Economy faculty building and went to choir class at Arts Faculty building. It takes a few minutes to reach it. When we arrived, freshmen already surrounded the place.

"It's too crowded.." uneasy feeling approach me while enter the room following Solar that make a way for me. I hate crowded places, I will brushed with stranger and it disgust me, I even puke if it too much to handle.
When entering, I can feel many freshmen staring. The choir team preparing for welcoming freshmen.

"Wait at the audience seat, I have to join the team" said Solar, after I nod she immediately join the choir team preparing. I search the room and find Taeyeon-unnie, my crush, president of this choir club helping her member prepare. She dyed her hair blonde, 'it suit her.. why are you so pretty unnie?', she wear white blouse and ripped jeans, she looks stunning. If this is US, I will confess to her, but this is Korea. Homouality is a taboo, better be in closet if you still want a normal life. What an irony. I darted my eyes from Taeyeon-unnie and scanning the room, most people avoiding my gaze but some still staring at me, like I care. What I hate the most to be in South Korea is, almost all the girls face's are similar, it's annoyed me. I find it hard to look for original person here. Boys and girls will try to look like some idols.

"Excuse me, Is this seat taken?" A voice startled me, I look at the owner and find a pretty girl with dark brown hair smiling at me.

"No, you can have it" I said, her cheeks look so fluffy, her skin is fair, and her smell,

'Strawberry..' I thought,

"Oh my God, thank you so much! I think I have to watch from the back but I saw you, I'm Son Seungwan by the way, you can call me wendy, I'm at Architecture major, nice to meet you" She said while bow slightly,

'So cute' I try my best to not smile, keep my flat expression,

"My pleasure Wendy, I'm Bae JooHyun, nice to meet you too", I can see her smile sweetly, she's going to say something but the performance is about to start.

"This is Choir team of SNU, I'm Kim Taeyeon, president of Choir Club, thank you for joining our team, as our welcoming tradition, we will perform for you guys, please enjoy and I wish the best year for you guys!" Taeyeon-unnie speech and bow to the freshmen. All people give her applause, she smile and join the choir.

Angelic voices resonates at the room, all audience amazed at the team. I see Taeyeon-unnie smile while singing, 'she's so pretty', I thought and glance at Wendy, she's amazed at the choir with slightly open. I hide my smile with my palm, wendy is so cute. She suddenly turned at me make me darted my gaze back to the choir, still hiding my smile. I take a glimpse of her and catch her still staring at me, she immediately turned her head and look at the choir team. It make my smile grew wider inside my palm. After a few songs, the welcoming party of Choir club is over. Everyone applause and talking to the Club president, some just walk out. Im about to get up to meet Solar but someone tugged tips of my shirt, I look at the hands and glance up at Wendy, who have unsure expression.

"Um.. are you busy this lunch break? How about lunch together?  I'm new here and doesn't know anybody.. so. Yeah.." She ask, still have those unsure and shy expression,

'Let's see, Solar probably having lunch with the choir team, but I want to go to library.. maybe after lunch?' I think while looking at wendy, I can feel her hand slowly releasing my shirt, maybe she's nervous?

"Sure.. Let's go" I said, her smile grow wide and her eyes twinkling like puppy,

'cute..', I smile secretly while exit the room, wendy following behind,



The cafetaria is packed as usual, we lining up for our food and sit at the empty table we found. I look at my food, examining it, and smell it. I could feel Wendy staring at me,

"You like to stare so much huh?", I chuckle and stare back at Wendy, the girl cheeks turning red and avoiding my gaze,

"So-sorry.." she said half whisper,

"Just kidding, so.. How was your first day?" I ask while grab bulgogi on my tray with chopstick, just looking at it, 'It's too sweet' I thought while smell it,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter