Final

The Most Important One

 

Taekwoon got out of the pool, droplets of water running down from his body to the floor, leaving a wet trace as he took steps forward.

 

"you passed your record, taekwoon I'm sure you'll be the winner of these competition if you continue to be this good."

 

Taekwoon's mentor said, happy to see that his student was this good at swiming, he felt so pround of taekwoon, the latter was his best student out of all and he was sure taekwoon would win the gold medal this time.

 

In the other hand, taekwoon didn't listen to his mentor's ramblings, he already knew the latter was again praising him for being this good, taekwoon knew all of it, he knew he was perfect at swiming, it wasn't a suprise though since taekwoon had spent most of his life practicing to win a gold medal, you could tell swim was all taekwoon had, basically his life, anyway there was nothing new in his mentor's words, so taekwoon kept ignoring him, as his eyes searched for his special one between the viewers, he found his lover in a little amount of time, since there weren't that much viewers for a simple practice like this.

 

Hakyeon waved at taekwoon smiling widely, as he saw taekwoon looking at him.

Taekwoon only smiled a little in answer as he walked to locker room to change.

 

That little reaction from taekwoon didn't matter to ether of them, as they both knew taekwoon wasn't that good in expressing his feelings and they were fine with it, as hakyeon knew the amount of love taekwoon had in his heart for him, were so bigger than that small smile.

 

Hakyeon stood up, going through the chairs as he was heading to the locker room, planning to follow taekwoon.

 

 

 

Taekwoon was about to take off his shorts after getting his upper body , when he felt certain tanned arms sneaking from his back to hug his waist.

 

"I'm still wet you know."

Taekwoon said, as his lips were curled upward slightly, forming a small smile on his lips.

"I know, that's why I'm doing this. "

Hakyeon siad, as he hugged taekwoon tighter, letting his front body to touch taekwoon's firm back, fully.

Taekwoon only tilted his head in confusion, as he didn't know why hakyeon would want to hug him when he could get wet.

Hakyeon chuckled at taekwoon's confused face since it looked kinda cute to him.

"that's because I wanna shower with you, silly."

Hakyeon said, his chuckling voice sounding like music to taekwoon's ears, actually he liked everything about hakyeon, his voice not any exception.

Taekwoon was that whipped for hakyeon, even though he always denied it when his friends for it,  he knew he was just a smitten kitten when it came to hakyeon .

Pulling hakyeon's hands away from his waist gently, taekwoon turned around to see his lover's beautiful face closely.

Taekwoon put his hands on each site of hakyeon's waist as the latter had his arms rested on taekwoon's muscular shoulders, both lovers looking at eachother's eyes lovingly.

Taekwoon knew what hakyeon meant by 'showering togheter', he knew it wouldn't be a shower but a sweet love-making under hot water.

And he was more than willing to do it with hakyeon now, so he approached hakyeon, catching the latter's soft lips in lock with his, starting a mind blowing kiss.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pulling hakyeon closer to him by his shoulder, taekwoon walked alongside the street with his boyfriend who leaned against taekwoon's touch happily, as they both were enjoying the proximity they had.

Taekwoon liked times like this, where there was nobody around and he could enjoy spending time with his hakyeon, he didn't like crowded places, and cinemas or amusement parks definitely weren't his favorite places as well.

But hakyeon said he's fine with that, that it's fine with him as long as taekwoon is by his side, so they didn't go on dates in cinemas or other crowded places like other normal couples did, but they did use any time they got to be near eachother, talking or laughing or simply sitting with eachother.

Other than that, They also had some intimate time with eachother almost every night.

Whether it'd be hard animal or sweet love-making with candles and light music on, the couple had 'that' time with eachother every night, which hakyeon referred to as 'giving taekwoon strength' time, so that the boy would be all strong when he does swim.

Taekwoon also agreed with hakyeon in this matter, not that he says it out loud.

 

Taekwoon was sure hakyeon loved him as much as he loved the latter, and taekwoon thought of himself as a so lucky man to have such a caring and pretty boyfriend like hakyeon.

Taekwoon turned his head to whisper something in hakyeon's ear, but he stopped when he saw a man nearing them, whom looked so suspicious from the mask on his face and all black clothes he was wearing.

Taekwoon frowned at that and turned his head forward, he pulled hakyeon to other side of him immediately, the exact opposite side of the man.

He couldn't risk his boyfriend getting hurt by some psycho who happened to be a rubber too.

 

"what's wrong honey ?"

Hakyeon asked looking at taekwoon with his innocent eyes.

Taekwoon smiled and shook his head, ready to say, nothing was wrong but before he could answer, he saw hakyeon's bag being ripped off of his shoulder and the man pushing his boyfriend so harshly that he fell on the ground, face first touching the hard ground, taekwoon was pretty sure his pretty face was going to have bruises and scratches all over it.

It all happened so fast that taekwoon didn't get any time to react, but when he saw the man running with all his might, taekwoon decided to run after him and catch that and make him apologize for hurting his Hakyeon.

 

Taekwoon was an athlete and of course he was faster and stronger than the man, he caught the criminal after few minutes of running after him.

He grabbed the man's collar and pushed him to the ground as hard as the latter did minutes ago to hakyeon.

But the man stood up before taekwoon could give him any further hits, pulling out his knife from his pocket along the way. 

He attacked taekwoon with the knife in his hand but taekwoon did a good job in grabbing his wrist fast enough and making him drop the sharp thing with his force.

Taekwoon then, pushed the rubber to the ground once again and sat on his chest, starting to punch him with his strong fists.

Taekwoon punched him and hit him hard, on and on, till his face was all bloody and wounded with swallown eye and split lips.

Taekwoon was so drwan in anger and hitting him that he didn't notice the man grabbing his knife that was fallen on the ground, till he felt a sharp and strong pain in his leg.

in pain, he fell to the ground grabbing his leg in pain, he could feel the liquid wettening his hand.

His vision was staring to fade away, being replaced by darkness.

Hakyeon's running figure was the last thing he saw before completely passing away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taekwoon opened his eyes slowly, checking around the place to figure out where he was, he could see the white ceiling and that was all he saw when he first opened his eyes, but he also could feel a presence beside him.

Turning his head to the person, taekwoon saw the sleeping figure of his his boyfriend, with his head on taekwoon's bed, and the rest of his body being sprawled on the chair.

From the shape of room, taekwoon could tell he was in a hospital, hospitalized in a boring room with only a window just infront of his bed.

 

"h-hey.."

Breaking his gaze from the window, taekwoon tilted his head and saw the smiling face of his lover, who was looking at him with puffy eyes, showing he just woke up.

"hey."

Taekwoon answered back, trying to sit up on the bed, but failed because of the stinging pain in his leg.

"hey no no, don't stand up..sit down please."

Hakyeon said, putting his hand on taekwoon's chest to stop the latter from any further movements.

The doctor said taekwoon needed a very long time of rest to let his wound heal pretty well, and he shouldn't be moving that leg much in his recovery time.

 

"you should rest."

Hakyeon said.

Taekwoon looked at hakyeon's face with his eyebrows raised up, silently asking the reason.

"well the doctor said you need to rest to regain your energy and to let your wound heal, your leg is pretty damaged."

 

Hakyeon said, with sadness in his heart, the doctor said taekwoon needed a long time of two months to rest which meant he couldn't take part in the swimming competitions this year. 

Hakyeon had witnessed taekwoon practicing his out, every evening for the past semester, he knew how important this competition was to taekwoon, and it was just so sad that he couldn't be in the competitions this year, because it was taekwoon's dream to win a gold medal since he was a little boy.

 

Hakyeon had no idea how to break this sad news to him.

 

"what happened? "

Taekwoon asked when his mind couldn't wrap around the events that happened before his leg's injury, and no matter how hard he tried to use his brain it seemed like his mind was still sleeping and not ready to work.

 

"well, as we were walking to our home last night, there was this crazy man who wanted to rub my bag, he got the bag and started to run but you ran after him and when I reached you, your leg was all bloody and you were unconscious, I freaked out when I found you not answering or moving." 

 

Hakyeon said, his eyes getting teary when he recalled the sorrowful memory of last night where he found his boyfriend's bloody body.

The clear images of taekwoon's unmoving body still made his heart ache in pain when he recalled them, he couldn't bear to see his taekwoon hurt. 

 

Taekwoon reached out to grab hakyeon's hand when he saw the looking of hurt on his boyfriend's face, he couldn't do more of a comforting, a little squeezing to his hand was all he had to offer now.

Hakyeon smiled at the affection his boyfriend showed, he squeezed taekwoon's hand too in answer.

Now that taekwoon looked closer at hakyeon's face, he could see one side of his face being bruised and his lip wounded and looking so hurtful.

Now taekwoon remembered the events of last night, when the man pushed hakyeon harshly to the ground and made hakyeon's face bruised like that.

 Taekwoon frowned at the memory.

 

Hakyeon reached down and pecked taekwoon's temple before smiling down at him.

 

"when can I go home? i need to go back to my practice soon."

Taekwoon asked. 

 

There he go, the question hakyeon had been fearing for all the night was coming at him now.

And hakyeon knew that he had to answer it now.

 

" well, taekwoonie...you know, the doctor said you need to rest for quite a long time to heal."

Hakyeon said, not making eyecontact with his boyfriend as he talked.

 

"how long?"

Taekwoon asked. 

 

"emmm...about two months actually."

Hakyeon answered, biting his lips in nervousness, he was afraid of taekwoon's reaction to this, it was the most painful thing that could ever happen to taekwoon after all and hakyeon felt like for being the one who was telling him this.

 

"what do you mean two months?  The competition is in next month...I need to practice."

Taekwoon said, looking panicked when he heard the news.

 

"taekwoonie. ..you need to let go of it for this year, your health is more important."

Hakyeon said, feeling so sorry for the boy.

 

"no no I can't... i can't ..."

Taekwoon denied, shaking his head over and over panickly. 

 

Hakyeon approached the boy and pulled him into his arms, only being able to hug the latter's shoulder since he was standing while taekwoon was sitting on his bed, taekwoon only stood stiff not reacting to hakyeon's touch.

 

Taekwoon couldn't believe his ears, he couldn't believe he had to give up on swimming in this competition, he had been dreaming about winning the gold medal since he was a little boy, god he had been practicing for it since forever.

This competition was basically his whole life.

And now they were asking him to let go of it, they were basically asking him to let go of his life with this.

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________

 

 

 

 

 

"easy...slowly please, aha... that's it."

 

Hakyeon said as he was helping taekwoon to walk to the bathroom with holding taekwoon's waist as the latter was resting all his weight on hakyeon's body, using him as a help.

When they reached the toilet taekwoon let go of hakyeon almost too immediately and sat on it, this time using the walls as help, making hakyeon's heart sank in from the coldness of taekwoon's mean movement.

Sighing in sadness because of taekwoon's cold behavior, hakyeon left the bathroom, giving taekwoon some privacy. 

He leaned against the door when he was out, and tried to force a smile on his lips, wanting to stay positive despite the harsh treatment he was receiving.

 

Ever since the incident, taekwoon had changed, his eyes were always cold and empty, free of any feelings, hakyeon used to see love in those eyes but now whenever he looked at them ,the only thing he could see was a cold stare.

His attitude was unkind and stony all the time too, leaving hakyeon so heartbroken and sad, he didn't even react to his parents, giving them a cold shoulder as well when they visited him days ago.

Honestly, hakyeon preferred it if taekwoon cried or whined over it, seeing him so cold and so unresponsive to everything was way worse than having to deal with an angry or sad taekwoon.

 

Hakyeon was so sad that this happened to taekwoon and he felt even sadder to know that he couldn't do anything to help taekwoon out of this.

 

"hakyeon."

Hearing taekwoon's voice from inside the bathroom, hakyeon opened the door and stepped in, as he pushed himself to keep the smile on his face, being there for taekwoon was all he could do for now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________

 

 

 

 

 

"slowly please...come on... We're reaching it....ok ..all done...We're here."

 

Hakyeon said, smiling widely as he was looking at taekwoon's face, trying to look so full of energy even though he wasn't, the latter was lying on the bed now.

He was discharged from hospital today, and with hakyeon's help, taekwoon was now lying on his and hakyeon's shared bed.

 

"ok, I'll go get you some juice now. "

Hakyeon said and without waiting for taekwoon's answer he left the room, since he knew he wouldn't get any from him.

Hakyeon was trying to act all lively and fresh to cheer taekwoon up, even though it was hard for him too, he tried his best to not show any of it, infront of his boyfriend.

 

 

Putting his arm over his eyes, taekwoon tried to block the light and go to sleep, which was such a hard thing to do, all he had been doing for past week was sleep and sleep, and now he felt like he wouldn't need to get any sleep for the next twenty years, he was so tired of it after all.

Well, he had nothing else to do anyway, so sleep was it.

 

Before taekwoon knew it, hakyeon was back with a glass of orange juice in hand and was standing beside the bed, a smile portraying his face.

 

"taekwoonie, it's ready, I'll leave it here for you."

Hakyeon said and put the glass on bedside table as he just said.

 

Hakyeon stood there for a moment, rubbing his hands togheter awkardly since he didn't know what else to do to get any kind of reaction from taekwoon.

 

Taekwoon rolled his eyes at that, why couldn't hakyeon just leave him alone ?

The boy was stuck to him like a glue, 24 hours, making taekwoon reach his edge, not that they weren't stuck togheter before, taekwoon used to enjoy hakyeon's presence all the time before this accident, even if they spent a whole week or month togheter, taekwoon wouldn't get tired, but now, it just seemed to bother taekwoon.

Actually, everything seemed to bother taekwoon now, his life was aimless, and he was annoyed with everything and everyone, including hakyeon too.

He knew hakyeon wasn't in fault, but he couldn't help his cold behavior, he just was so depressed.

 

 

"would you like to watch a movie with me? The one that you said you wanted to watch with me."

Hakyeon asked while playing with his fingers anxiously. 

"no, hakyeon, just go."

Taekwoon said coldy, looking so annoyed and pissed.

Right now, he just wanted to be alone to figure things out, he didn't know how to deal with this problem and needed time to cope with all this and find a solution.

But hakyeon was making it so hard with this, why can't he just leave like taekwoon asked?

He was making taekwoon so pissed off.

 

"ok."

Hakyeon said while nodding his head in agreement and turned to go, but when he was stopped infront of the door.

He turned to taekwoon once again, making taekwoon let out a long puff of air in anger.

"just go hakyeon ."

Taekwoon said, his voice slightly high, as he was trying his best to not yell at the boy.

 

"what about we order some chicken? You like that, don't you?" 

Hakyeon said, smiling nervously while fidgeting in his spot in discomfort, he knew taekwoon was having a hard time but it just saddened him to no end to see taekwoon acting like this so him, so stony and heartless.

But hakyeon couldn't just leave taekwoon like this when the latter needed him the most, hakyeon needed to be there for his boyfriend and give him love, in this time of need.

 

But what hakyeon received in answer from taekwoon made his heart bleed in pain.

Hearing hakyeon's endless recommendations about what to do, made taekwoon lose it, grabbing the glass of juice hakyeon brought to him earlier, taekwoon threw it to the wall behind hakyeon angrily as he couldn't take this anymore, the glass broke to pieces with a loud sound and hakyeon turned his face to side to prevent his face from getting hurt by the broken pieces.

 

"just get the hell out of here, why can't you hear me out?"

Taekwoon yelled, not caring about the look of pain in hakyeon's face.

Hakyeon felt the tears gathering in his eyes at this, taekwoon just was being so mean to him, hakyeon only wanted to be nice to taekwoon and make him feel loved, but taekwoon was yelling at him, throwing things at him .

Hakyeon felt his heart clunching in pain, taekwoon couldn't do this to him.

Hakyeon loved taekwoon so much and that was why he endured all of his cruel behaviors but this was too much and hakyeon couldn't take it anymore.

 

 

"Ok, I'll go, I'll go and won't come back to you...you could just say that you were tired of seeing my face and I would leave then, you didn't need to hit me with this ing glass."

 

 

Hakyeon screamed at the top of his lungs, as he let tears stream down his cheeks freely.

 

"you can't hit me with that."

Hakyeon said, between his sob so pitifully that taekwoon felt so bad about himself for doing this to him.

 

As much as it hurt to leave his loved one, hakyeon knew he had to do it now, taekwoon was just being so cold to him all this time, and it was obvious that taekwoon did want him anymore.

Hakyeon turned to leave and to take his broken heart with himself.

But taekwoon was fast enough to grab his wrist and prevent him from storming out of the room.

Hearing hakyeon's hurt voice, and the words about taekwoon hitting him, made the boy's heart clentch painfully, he didn't mean to hit hakyeon, he just threw the glass not aiming hakyeon but that damn thing happened to go toward hakyeon and make stuff like this.

 

"no hakyeon please don't leave me...I'm sorry please stay."

Taekwoon begged, clunching to hakyeon's wrist.

Hakyeon turned to face taekwoon, who was looking at him with begging eyes.

"I didn't mean to hit you please ..I'm sorry...I'm just freaked out that I won't be able to be in competitions this year...I'm so terrified hakyeon."

Taekwoon said, tears visible in his eyes too.

Seeing taekwoon's misery hakyeon sat down on the edge of bed and looked at taekwoon. 

He kinda could understand taekwoon was under a lot of stress and he didn't do it purposely, but he still was going to punish taekwoon for this, later when things got cleared between them.

 

"then talk to me....you know you can share anything with me..."

Hakyeon said, his gaze going back to his normal lovely look.

Taekwoon would definitely feel better if he shared his concerns with the people around him, it would do him no good if he turned his back to the world.

 

"I just feel so weak... Like I can't do anything ...not even a  damn little thing, and I let it all on you, I'm so sorry baby."

Taekwoon said, tears finally rolling down his cheeks.

 

The athlete boy,  then caressed hakyeon's soft and chubby cheeks, wiping the tear off of them gently.

 

 Hakyeon leaned into the touch, as he had missed his boyfriend's loving touches so much.

 

 "I'm fine...I just missed you so much..  but don't  worry I'm ok.. " 

 

 Hakyeon said.

 And taekwoon knew he will be all fine and ok once again, if he was with the love of his life.

 

 "lay down with me on the bed."

 Taekwoon said and hakyeon nodded his head.

 Taekwoon laid down first and opened his arms for hakyeon to come and lie in between them.

 Hakyeon took the offer immediately and settled himself on taekwoon's firm and broad chest and in between his muscular arms. 

 

 They cuddled on the bed, as they both were missing eachother so much.

 

"I'd missed this." 

 Taekwoon said, as he took a long sniff of hakyeon's sweet smell.

 Hakyeon chuckled, he hadn't seen this cute side of taekwoon for so long, he'd missed this too so much, he actually liked when taekwoon smelled him, it made him feel so loved.

 

 "don't you dare to do this to me again, even if something happens you need to keep me by your side, not to chase me away from you, ok?"

 

 Hakyeon said, looking up at taekwoon from where his head was resting on the latter's chest.

 

"I'm sorry. "

 Taekwoon said , brushing hakyeon's hair out of his eyes smoothly .

He didn't know what came over him to treat hakyeon like that, he must have gone crazy to chase hakyeon away, hakyeon honestly, was such a sweetheart and now that taekwoon had him back he knew how much he really missed him, without even himself knowing it.

 He was crazy to let go of hakyeon because of swim, hakyeon was definitely his most important one, not swim.

 

 

 "I'm so happy to have my lovely boyfriend back." 

 

 Hakyeon said as he put his head back on taekwoon's chest, letting himself to enjoy the sweet moment. 

 

"me too, baby."

 Taekwoon said, hugging hakyeon's slim figure closer to himself and enjoying this as much as hakyeon did.

 

 

 

 

 

       

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 A/N:   so.....

 How was it? I really wish you enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed writing it! 

 

 Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote dears!  

 Have a nice day~

 

 

 

 

 

++++++