006

마지막 첫사랑 「 My First and Last.」

Six in the morning.

Six-am, yes. Who the hell goes to school at six freaking a.m? Are you ing insane, Lee Jeno? Jesus Christ. You're an idiot! Jeno cursed himself, stomping his feet on the ground in frustration without realizing the school safety guard approaching him outside of the school gate.

“Kid, you're coming to school surprisingly early today! Usually you're the one who always climbed up the gate. What’s going on?” The safety guard asked with a soft smile plastered on his face as he pushed to open the school gate.

“...Ah, I happen to woke up very early today. That's why, aha t—that's why I'm here.” Jeno response awkwardly at the question, rubbing the back of his neck.

“That's great! Keep up with the good attitude. It's your last year on this school isn't it? It's never too late to be a good student. I'm sure your teacher will be so proud of your change.”

Jeno simply nodded his head without responding to the safety guard with a light smile on his face.

[ Jeno’s POV. ]

Four years of high school with worst disciplinary records. Refusing to listen to the teacher, breaking school rules. Getting sent to the principal’s office almost everyday. Yes, that's me and that is not something to be proud of. But, it feels awesome. It feels like you're placed straight to the top of the world. Kids call it fun. Teens call it an achievement that lends towards of getting respect for being cool and some even viewed me as a hero. You know, not everyone can do or brave enough to do everything that I did.

People around me probably thought that I must be emotionally disturbed or have parents at home who don’t care or don’t try hard enough to teach me how to behave myself at school. But, that wasn't me. I grew up in a loving home with parents who just celebrated 18 years of marriage.

I used to be so much in love with novels, books, comics— so much in love I disregarded every kids in my class. When everyone went to school to make friends and play games together, I sat in my seat, and read the book I brought until class ended. I enjoyed doing things alone. You can tell that I am very low in popularity.

But.

I always remind myself to be unshakeable. Being unshakeable is what made me able to treat people the way I did. There's a quote in one of the book I've used to read that says; “You need to be a wolf; wolves get things done no matter what, and they are unshakeable.”

I may be attached with my books and minding my own damn business but, I won't hesitate to smack the kids that bothers me reading my books and enjoying my time alone.

Until one day.

I slowly got tired of the books. I read everything alone, but everyone else seemed to be having so much fun together. I wanted to get in, I wanted to have everyone attention and the feelings of wanting to be the most powerful student suddenly started getting into my head. Especially knowing the fact that I was much stronger than most of my peers. The thought beating up others sounds fun. Like ya’know. They deserved it. I wouldn’t stop until they cried, each and every time. Since they were annoying to myself and others and my classmates would encourage me because they were also annoyed by that kid and it was more acceptable to beat on them. It earned me credits. Kids would try to be my friend because of it. Cool isn't it?

And this continue till I was in high school and it's getting worse when a new student named, Huang Renjun walked into my life and turned everything upside down. I tried to talk to him, he was nice and....very pretty and— and his voice is beautiful too. Everything about him is so breathtaking.

But, he was the quiet type. He wasn’t close friends with anyone, but I really wanted to be his friend. Everybody had a friend, except me. I was always alone. All the friends I make and hangout with just want to use me for their own benefit since— I did very well in academic, sports, school club and they know I won't hesitate to beat up anyone that belittle people that close to me.

Ah, I wanted to get his attention. I’ve done so many things to get his attention, but it wasn't easy. I could easily get everyone attention but not him.

He never made eye contact with anyone at class, always hung his shoulders, kept his head down, spoke softly. Eating alone during lunch time. When in a group discussion he would say almost nothing and when he did it was ignored or missed. When everyone else is walking in the groups, he would walk alone.

And it's somehow reminds me of his old-self; the one who always be alone, doing everything by himself except he didn't let anyone make fun of him. But, Huang Renjun is different. He didn't fight for himself whenever someone is making fun of his weakness and that pissed him off the most. What are you so afraid of, Huang Renjun?

I don't know what is wrong with me. But, everytime I looked at him— I had a strong urge to protect him. It feels different whenever I looked at him. There is something about him makes me want to protect.

Ah, I want to get close to him, I really do. But he never gives me a chance. So, I thought by teasing him he would snap at me and it would open everyone eyes that every quiet student has their limits too, but it didn't. Sounds ridiculous, isn't it? All I wanted is to be friends with him for so long, but all I did was making fun and made him hate me.

Honestly, I don't really care if people hate me since I always get away with it because of my outstanding performance in school and appearance, but I can't accept it when it comes to Huang Renjun. I don't want him to hate me.

And, here I am. Standing in front of school gate at six in the morning like a total idiot only to fix my relationship with him and show him that I have change for the better and would not make of him anymore.

You better not ruin this, Lee Jeno. You better use this chance seriously! He thought to himself.