Champion.

Glory

It was the night, the night where Taeyeon was going to compete for her third championship. The whole stadium was filled with excitement. The audience screaming the names of the teams they were supporting. Basically, everyone was high.

 

Taeyeon was at the back stage with her teammates, “Alright guys, it’s the final game tonight. We cannot afford to lose.” Taeyeon told her teammates. Everyone appeared calm but deep down, we all knew everyone was nervous. This was the finals. With one more win, their team, Dynasty Pink will be the only team in the Phantasy League to win three consecutive seasons and create a whole era. “We’ve already revised our strategies and plans for this game. Make sure you do all the necessary things you need to do before you go on stage later.” They all nodded.

 

After half an hour, the management staff came and called for them to go on stage as the match is about to start. Before they all stand up and walked out to go onto the stage, the team manager send them his blessing. “Good luck everyone!” He said.

 

 

 

When they reached the stage, the whole stadium exploded with cheers and excitement from fans. “Good evening everyone!” The emcee of the match greeted everyone on stage. “Tonight will be the deciding match of Phantasy League’s 7th Season Play-offs! The players are currently getting ready and are coming up on stage before the match starts! Let us all warmly welcome Team Dynasty Pink and Team Wonder!” The audience grew even more excited.

 

“Any last words before the match starts?” The host asked both teams. He gave the microphone to Team Wonder’s captain, Sunye. “We will not disappoint tonight.” She said but when the mic was passed to Taeyeon, “Tonight, a dynasty and era shall be created” The audience went wild because of her one sentence.

 

Both teams then went to their designated stations to log into the game. “Best of luck everyone!” Tiffany cheered before the match starts.

 

 

3!

 

 

2!

 

 

1!

 

 

Game start!

 

Both team spawned at different corners of the map. This was a map chose by Dynasty so of course they would be familiar with the map. They all spread out and went different ways still keeping quite a close distance with each other. As for Wonder, they were able to make it into the final. Of course they would not be noobs. Everyone in this match were pro players. The top-tiers of the league.

 

The team had already studied all the possible maps Dynasty Pink would choose and this map was one of them. Although the map was not one that they specialized in, they at least knew the terrains of the map.

 

Their characters moved with formations, ready to counterattack an ambush from the enemy team in anytime. However, Dynasty Pink had prepared well. Yuri’s warlock class character suddenly appeared in front and casted a spell.

 

A gigantic door suddenly dropped down from the sky. It opened and chains came out from it, wrapping itself around the enemy team’s characters. “Death door! Dynasty Pink has taken the first move with the warlocks ultimate skill!” The host said. The audience were all fired up, Dynasty Pink did not wait long before taking the initiative.

 

The players of Team Wonder were struggling to free themselves from the crown control skill but Dynasty would not be that stupid to not follow up with Yuri’s given opportunity. Taeyeon’s famous number one battle mage, Cruel Intentions charged forth with his spear. Taeyeon used the battle mage skill, Dragon Breaks the Ranks to charge and strikes at the ace player of Team Wonder, Sunye their captain. The other players of Dynasty all came out from hiding and surrounded the players of Wonder.

 

The enemy team was struggling to break free from the skill but Hyuna, a rookie elementalist player of the team had finally broke out from the skill. She quickly casted her class’s ultimate, Heavenly Lightning. “It’s Heaveny Lightning! Can you believe it? Two ultimates have already been used in just two minutes into the game!” The host continued to announce.

 

Heavenly Lightning was a skill that summons continuous lightning strikes from the sky and flames from the ground. With enough practice, both the lightning strikes and flames can be controlled manually by the player.

 

Hyuna was a pro player so it was obvious that she could control the skill manually. The lightning and fire spread out surrounding and hitting the players of Dynasty. When Yuri’s warlock’s skilled was coming to end, Taeyeon used circle swing, a level 20 battle mage skill that stabs the target and flips them around. She flipped her target Sunye and knocks her away with a control skill.

 

When the rest of the opponents finally realized what Dynasty was planning, they regroup and decisively charged forward to save their captain. But they did not see a boundary glowing beneath them. Onew activated his ice boundary and the opponents’ movement speed was slowed greatly.

 

Sunmi, Team Wonder’s blade master dashed forward with skill, Triple Slash. A skill where the user can slash and dash three times. She dashes forward quickly closing in the distance but was stopped by Dynasty’s second battle mage, Pink Cruelty. Tiffany’s battle mage stabbed the blade master and flipped her back onto the boundary but this time, another boundary was released. It was Sword Soul, a skill that buff’s the user and his teammates’ strength for 7 seconds.

 

During the ambush just now, everyone had thought that Dynasty Pink wanted to one wave kill the players of team Wonder but they thought wrong. It was all clear now, Taeyeon had pulled away Sunye so she could 1v1 her. Without the ace of their team, Team Wonder’s battle strength had fallen. Of course, this tactic was a double edged sword since Dynasty Pink’s ace player was also not battling with the team. But, Taeyeon was confident that her team would not lose to the other even if they are without their ace.

 

‘Tiffany is a reliable vice-captain, she could handle the team without me’ Taeyeon thought and smiled to herself. She continued battling Sunye’s sharpshooter and finally finished her off after 5 minutes 48 seconds. Nearly 6 minutes. It took longer than she had expected. With Sunye killed, Taeyeon used Dragon Breaks the Ranks again to charge into the fray and quickly help finished off the other players. By the time Team Wonder’s six player had arrived after Sunye’s death, there was only another ally. Both were then quickly killed off by Dynasty Pink.

 

“Team Dynasty Pink takes the lead with one point!” The host announced their victory. After a ten minutes break, the second round started. The format of the match was simple, it was a game with a best of five. Whichever team that won three points first is the winner. The map for the second round was picked by Team Wonder.

 

Dynasty Pink had stood firmed and fight but lose the point in the end. In the next round, they won another point. It was their game point, they just needed to win the next round but with the map being chosen by the players of Team Wonder, it might be hard for them to win.

 

Ultimately, Team Dynasty Pink had the final blow in the fourth match. When the players of Dynasty Pink came out, the audience went wild. Why? They had just won their third consecutive win and successfully created an era and dynasty in the Phantasy League.

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon smiled to herself as she reminisces the moments of her glory. She had retired after that match. It shocked the whole world of Phantasia Online, many were questioning why she had left the scene just after she had landed a third championship into the pockets of Dynasty Pink but she never revealed her reason. After two years, Taeyeon was slowly being forgotten by the players of Phantasia.

 

“Taeyeon-ah, are you coming?” Jonghyun, Taeyeon’s best friend asked standing at the entrance of the door asking her.

 

“Of course”