Their Love

The Third Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

 

Yeri roamed around the palace in search of Minister Jongdae. She held a letter and a painting that she drew. And when she found him, he was surprised to see her near the royal court.

" Are you lost? " Jongdae smirked.

" I came to give you a present", She smiled shyly as she handed the parchments to the him.

"Thank you for your help".

Jongdae looked at her quizzically before opening his present. First, he opened the art that she drew. He was impressed.

" This painting is remarkable ", Then he opened the handwritten letter and read it's content.

Yeri thanked for his generous help the other week. So, She worked diligently on her new painting to give it as a present to her rescuer.

"Oh your handwriting looks notable too", He gave a smile.

" I can't read or write. So I took my Lady's help", She was embarrassed infront of a bright and intelligent man.

"That's fine. I liked your painting and your thankyou note. But you don't have to thank me like this ".

Yeri shook her head. Jongdae would have helped any other women in her place but for her, he was special.

"So in return to your painting I can teach you how to read and write".

Yeri panicked. Learning such complicated alphabets was not her cup of tea. She didn't want to refuse his offer.

"But I'm not a fast learner. My lady even learned Chinese language just within few months. I'm not like her", She made a sad sigh.

 ' Third Queen knows Chinese!! '  Jongdae creased his brows.

That was a new discovery. The Queen knew the language of their enemies was not a good sign.

" My lady tried to teach but I would always forget everything the next day", She laughed at herself.

"How did the Queen learn Chinese?" Jongdae tried not to sound curious about it.

"Oh my lady had a Chinese friend. As our province is really close to the other Kingdom, she would meet him whenever he visited our area", Yeri being a blabbermouth spoke out the things the She shouldn't have.

 ' Queen had a Chinese friend! A man?!' 

Jongdae was even more curious but he couldn't ask much. He decided to let go of what he heard as he thought that the past friendships of the new Queen are harmless and trivial.

"I have to attend a meeting. If you are interested to learn our language inform me anytime. Then I take my leave...", He didn't want to move from where he stood.

Yeri blinked while she thought about the hardwork she had to go through to learn reading and writing. He smiled sneakily at her frowned brows.

"I will let you know, my lord", She bowed a little and turned towards Seulgi's Chambers.

After she reached some distance she heard him speak.
"Yeri, if you want to meet me next time, don't roam around. Just directly come to general meeting room", Jongdae smiled and waved his hands as he walked in.

 ' Such a sweet man' 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  Lord Minseok's house,

"Haemi! Haemi!", A soft voice called out to one of Minseok's twin daughters.

The eleven year old was afraid to look at the window. As it was dark she didn't dare to step out of her bed.

"Haemi...It's me, Yixing", Yixing whispered. He couldn't be loud as he might wake up the servants or in worse the parents of the child.

Haemi removed the blanket from her face when he revealed his name.  There was nothing to get scared since she knew him very well.

She lit her lamp and rushed towards the window.

"Lord Yixing", She smiled and held the lamp in between them so that she could clearly see his face. The girl rubbed her sleepy eyes and he felt guilty for ruining her sleep.

Yixing have been waiting for Seulgi from the past one week at their usual place but she never showed up.
So he decided to visit her home in secret but he found her room empty. He was close with the twins, so he wanted to get answers from them.

"Haemi, can you tell me where is Seulgi?" He still whispered.

"Oh sister Seulgi went to get married", Haemi informed.

Yixing felt like his heart had been shattered into innumerable pieces.

"What!??", He raised his voice. What he heard was really absurd and unexpected for him.

" Sister got married to the King. She went to the capital city", Haemi opened a box near her.

He still couldn't believe what he heard. Even getting stabbed by a sword seemed painless when compared to the deep pain he felt right then.

" Father said that we are going to visit her soon at the palace ", Haemi sounded excited about her trip.

 To The King !!!  I'm sure King Park had two wives!! So Seulgi became his third wife?!! 

Haemi searched and took out her favourite toy. Then she pulled a letter that Seulgi wrote to Yixing before she left the province.

Haemi handed it to the stupefied man.

"Seul wrote this for me?"

The little girl nodded.

His mind spun with various thoughts as he opened the letter there itself. He held the letter towards the lamp light and started to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter