Her love

The Third Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

Seulgi woke up in a gleeful mood. She walked into the kitchen and the maids gazed at her in bemused expression.

" You can carry on with your work. I'm here to cook something".

After an hour of hard work her dish was prepared.

' Finally...' She heaved a sigh and packed the food in two boxes. Yeri was shocked to see her Lady in the kitchen, which never happened until someone would force her to come.

"My Lady! What are you doing in here? Are you sick?", Yeri tried to check her forehead temperature.

Seulgi rolled her eyes.
"Yeri stop being dramatic. Lady Chaeyeon gave birth to a baby boy. So I just made some sweets on such a happy occasion".

She asked one of the maids to send one of the sweets box to Prince Jaehyun's house. And then walked out of the kitchen with another box in her hand.

Yeri followed Seulgi into her room with a mischievous grin on her face.
"My Lady what about the other box?"

Seulgi went to freshen up without any answer. When she came back, Yeri was still in her room.

"You didn't answer me".

" I made so many sweets and we only have few people in the house, so I wanted to share these with him".

Seulgi wore a bright coloured dress and decided to let down her hair..She didn't know why she intended to follow his preference.

Yeri watched her silently without any interruption. She wanted to stop Seulgi but she didn't want to be a hindrance to her happiness.

Seulgi packed her sling bag with all her necessary items.

"My Lady... Why are you dressed up like this? Is he that significant? ", Yeri demanded as she folded her arms.

Seulgi looked down at her feet. " He is a friend. Just like Yixing..."

" You have never dressed up this beautifully when you used to meet Lord Yixing ", Yeri raised her brow.

"Yeri, I swear this is just a friendly meeting. We just talk and roam around. I'm just glad I found a new friend", Seulgi explained although she herself was unsure about her feelings.

Yeri nodded thoughtfully and then she held the sweet box in her hand.

"I'll keep you company until he comes". The women walked out of Kim's home.

The sun was covered with thick clouds and they could hear the rumble of thunder as they waited at the intersection of the residence and market area.

Seulgi tried to keep a brave face although she was scared of thunder and lighting.

" He looks so majestic with his horse. He's here!! ", Yeri exclaimed and pulled Seulgi's hand.

Chanyeol grinned and waved his hand vigorously.

" You have been waiting for me ?? I'm flattered. I thought I would have to wait for two more hours until you showed up", Chanyeol stepped down from his horse.

Yeri handed the box to Seulgi's hand.
"Even though Lord Kim and lady Kim are not in the house I expect you to come home as early as possible", Yeri whispered in her ear.

Seulgi nodded. "Ah! a correction, only the horse looked majestic", Yeri gave a nasty remark and left them alone.

He couldn't help but snort.

"Looks like your friend really hates me", Chanyeol said when Yeri was out of earshot.

Seulgi sniggerd, "No! She is just protective of me", she hit his arm playfully. 

When she becomes close to a person she couldn't control herself from doing such friendly gestures.

Chanyeol didn't mind too. He then gazed at her from head to toe as She looked different than usual, in a good way.

"You look so vibrant... I meant to say is you look so beautiful".

"Thank you".

Chanyeol held the rein of his horse as they walked together towards the forest area as the market was really crowded that day.

He observed the box which was tied up with a cloth, in her hand.

" Is it heavy? Give it to me, I will carry....", He held the box in her hand and their fingers brushed.

"Oh! I made some sweets. So I brought them for you", Seulgi was blushing.

" You prepared these by yourself?", He was delighted.

"Yes...".

Chanyeol opened the box to taste it right away.

"So many sweets!!!"

"I'm not very good at cooking. So don't get your hopes high. It might not taste good", Seulgi was worried about his opinion.

Chanyeol ate a piece of sweet eagerly. "It's really delicious", He gulped one more. Seulgi gave a satisfied smile.

They reached a hill top and it had some clearing space surrounded by trees. They can see the vast area of palace from the top.

"That's the palace", Chanyeol pointed it enthusiastically but Seulgi looked away uninterestedly. She didn't want to think about her upcoming wedding and she didn't want to see or step into that palace.

"I have something for you... I brought an extra sword", Chanyeol eagerly gave her the sword. And her mood got lightened up.

" I missed holding a sword in my hands. It's been awhile ", she cheerfully hit his hand.

Chanyeol's smile grew larger. "So shall we have a little combat?", He pulled out his sword.

Seulgi was not supposed to use any weapons but there were no other spectators so she was safe.

" I'm very good at this. Don't go down on me just because I'm a woman", she took her stance. He hummed and nodded with a grin.

" Your moves are really perfect and on point. I have never expected that you'd be this good...."
"Thank you..."
After their match, Chanyeol was exhausted and sweat trickled down from his face. But Seulgi looked fresh as if she just came from a bath. He gazed at her pristine face.

Chanyeol flopped under a tree and Seulgi calmy sat beside him. She took out her water pouch from her sling bag and handed it to him.

Then she gave her handkerchief. He wiped his sweat and she took out a fancy hand fan and lifted it to fan his face.

Chanyeol tried to suppress his laugher.
" You do have a alot of items in there", he sniggerd at her bag.

She slumped her shoulders. "I'm just prepared for everything. You know...".

Seulgi habitually brushed her tangled long hair. The King was really curious about her impeccable hair.

" Can I touch your hair?"

She was bewildered and adjusted her position beside him."Sure".

Chanyeol carefully placed a hand on her long hair and brushed it with his long fingers as he moved closer to her.

Seulgi unknowingly held her breath for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter