Oops (1/1)

Oops

Ah yes, Sports Day, also known as the most horrible day of Yoon Jeonghan’s life.

 

His professor actually threatened to delay his graduation by two years if he didn’t show up, so naturally, he was forced to attend this event that starts from the ungodly hours of the morning till midnight.

 

He’s been up since four AM.

 

To hell with Sports Day.

 

Jeonghan’s standing by the edge of the field, watching the high jump competition with faux interest. He signed up for the relay race but that won’t start until the afternoon.

 

It’s 8:30 in the morning

 

He wants to cry.

 

You see, the thing about Jeonghan is that he doesn’t like to move around much. He would rather sleep all day than attend this stupid college campus celebration or whatever. He yawns and tucks a stray hair behind his ear. His friends are somewhere near the area but he doesn’t want to bother looking for them for that would require lots of walking, and be walking too much in this sweltering heat is a big no-no.

 

He was still staring at the high jumpers when someone near his right ear says, “Johnny, did you see Suho hyung by the bleachers? It was hilarious—“A male voice tells him.

 

Johnny? He’s not Johnny.

 

Jeonghan was about to correct the owner of the voice of his mistake, and tell him that he’s got the wrong person, but he freezes midway. He in a breath.

 

Oh my god.

 

In his periphery, he could make out the person to his right and boy, oh boy Jeonghan has lost the will to speak.

 

It’s Oh Sehun. There’s no mistaking it.

 

Sehun is a dance major—two years older than Jeonghan, and he won’t stop talking because he thinks the person he’s conversing with is a person named as Johnny.

 

He’s definitely not Johnny, that’s for sure.

 

His upperclassman was still not done talking and Jeonghan is starting to feel itchy with the awkwardness. He wants to say something but at the same time, he doesn’t want to, because Sehun is really ing hot and Jeonghan doesn’t want to embarrass an upperclassman.

 

So there he was, standing awkwardly with his face looking like a mix of constipated and terrified as Sehun keeps talking and talking and talking.

 

Five minutes have passed.

 

Jeonghan can’t take it anymore.

 

So he decides to stiffly turn his head and makes eye contact with Sehun, who immediately stops talking.

He’s staring at Jeonghan, and the latter manages a weak smile.

 

“Ah, sorry I’m not—I’m not Johnny.”

 

As if on auto-pilot, the upperclassman mumbles an apology and speed walks away from where Jeonghan was standing.

 

“Jeonghan!” He turned to see Seungcheol and Jisoo approaching him.

 

He lets out a breath that he didn’t even know he was holding.

 

“Oh my god you guys, you wouldn’t belie—“

 

¤¤¤¤¤

 

The relay had just finished and Jeonghan’s team won first place. He couldn’t care less though but at least, he’ll be graduating on time. yes.

 

He wiped off the sweat from his brow and made his way over to their team’s side of the field, where a nice picnic blanket was laid out by the shade and some lunch, courtesy of Mingyu.

 

He gets there and Jihoon hands him his drink, which had a sticky note attached to it.

 

Huh?

 

Jeonghan looks at it in confusion and reads the writing.

 

Hey,

Sorry for earlier. I thought you were someone I knew.

But for the record, you’re much prettier than Johnny.

Want to get coffee sometime?                                         

                                                                    -Sehun.

 

Jeonghan decides that maybe sports day and mistaken identities aren’t so bad after all.