second

Divergent AU

Changbin groaned at a lady who was nicely dressed in a grey dress that reached her ankles, a long cardigan covering her body. She quickly looked away from the said boy, pushing her hands out to him. In her hands was a nicely packed brown bread with something white between the slices. He took it roughly, making the girl flinch in front of him. The moment the bread was from her hands, she took a hold of the side of her dress and quickly shuffled away from him.

 

The dark-haired boy looked at her silhouette leaving with a frown glued to his face, the bag loosely hanging in his hand. A smack against the back of his head made his head turn, ready to return the favor when his eyes fell on the old man. His brown skin was decorated with dark moles that even crept into some of his wrinkles, his gray hair stayed in patches on his head and the worn out red shirt hung too big on the man’s skinny shoulders. “What?” Changbin asked irritated, earning a weak chuckle from the old man.

 

“You should be thankful to the Abnegation, without them we would starve.” The man spoke, his hoarse voice barely making out the words. Changbin shrugged him off, but opened up the bag and taking half of the sandwiches before giving it to the man. “Just make sure you don’t starve before you start praising the stiff.” He dismissed the man by turning around and walking off.

 

He never liked walking around where he lived. Did the place even have a name? Dump sounds about right. It seems like the factions did everything to forget the factionless’ existence. All but Abnegation, who loved to involve themselves so much with their lives. Changbin should be thankful. The stiffs were the only source of his food. But the number of friends he had lost because of either starvation or having no proper medical care him him care less about the grey clothed people.

 

So here he was, walking through the street that was growing darker and darker as the sun set. His eyes fell on people sprawled out on makeshift beds of either newspaper or ripped clothes. It wasn’t a surprise. Even Changbin lived like this. Only he got lucky enough to claim a roof over his head. It wasn’t the best. Just a straight piece of cement held up by two half broken walls that had been left by a collapsing building, and a bed made out of cardboard boxes. It wasn’t comfortable, but it was better than sleeping on stones.

 

With a sigh he dropped himself on the boxes, leaving the sandwich next to him. He was sure the bread would be gone once he wakes up, but Changbin wasn’t hungry. With one last glance around he closed his eyes, falling into an uneasy sleep.