Drabble 1: F4

Three's a crowd

CtVrMzAVUAAxmc2.jpg

Source: Twitter

Drabble I: F4

Jaemin x Hina x Jeno ft. Mark and Donghyuck (Haechan)

 



It was already four in the afternoon when Mark arrived at SM Entertainment's building. NCT Dream was scheduled for a comeback in two week's time and yet he couldn't even join s during morning practice due to his MC duties. Their manager tried to make ammends with the company but it was to no avail.

"I'm really sorry, Mark. We don't really have a choice but to schedule your practice later in the day." he remembered their manager saying.

With a small sigh, Mark made his way to Dream's practice room. He was thinking of entering through the back door to surprise s, but instantly decided against it when he caught a glimpse of someone familiar leaning on the wall opposite the front door of their practice room. With a smile plastered on his handsome face, Mark approached the petite figure and greeted, "Hina."

The girl named Hina was surely taken aback with the way her shoulder tensed. Upon realizing who called her, however, the girl flashed a sweet smile and gave a small bow.

"It's been a while, Hina. You've grown a whole lot prettier since the last time I saw you! No wonder why Jeno can't stop talking about you." Mark chimed.

The younger girl blushed and Mark can't help but give out a small laugh. Hina was one of the female trainees that he was actually close with. To make it more specific, she was his favorite. If he remembered correctly, he and Hina joined the company around the same time. The opportunity that was the Mickey Mouse Club further strengthened their bond. Although Hina was known among the trainees for being quiet and reserved, Mark found her presence as warm and kind -- an outright paradox given her triple treat rank in the company; triple threat in the sense that she was exceptionally good in singing, dancing, and rapping. With her undeniable talent, relatively mysterious personality, and cute face, Mark truly understood why his NCT Dream members were easily drawn to the Japanese-Korean standing in front of him. Jeno and Jaemin, in particular, were very hard to please, but from his observations, the two have undeniably developed some sort of a crush on their fellow '00 liner.

"I didn't mean to tease you, Hina." Mark said in an effort to ease the awkwardness that has started to envelop his dongsaeng. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"I am waiting for Jaemin... and Jeno." Hina replied, the last part a bit more hushed which made Mark feel a little guilty for teasing her. "SOPA informed us about some additional requirements that we still need to pass before the entrance ceremony. We are planning to submit them tod-"

"So you really are attending SOPA!" Mark exclaimed all of a sudden.

Noticing how the younger's forehead furrowed with confusion, Mark quickly added, "Jaemin informed me a few days ago that you'll be joining us in SOPA. I refused to believe him thinking that you'll follow Yeri and Koeun in Hanlim."

It was Hina's turn to chuckle this time, "I did consider enrolling in Hanlim, oppa. But I've decided to attend SOPA because it has a theatre and film department." Hina explained.

"Theatre and film? Don't you want to join Jaemin, Jeno, and I in the dance department?"

Hina politely shook her head and said, "I've been dancing since I was four, oppa. I'd like to try something different this time. Plus, just like what you've said, you'll have Jaemin and Jeno in your department pretty soon."

"Yeah. But it would be really nice if you join us too. Your dance skills will surely wow everyone in the department." Mark said truthfully whilst giving Hina a gentle pat in the head. He was about to invite her inside their practice room when Donghyuck suddenly appeared and exclaimed, "Gong Kitty!". At the mention of Hina's nickname, Jaemin and Jeno rushed out of the room as well.

"Hello." Hina greeted warmly.

"Hina-ya. Have you been here for long?" Jaemin asked, concern imminent in his voice.

"Why didn't you text us? We told you to inform us if you're done with practice so we can just fetch you right?" Jeno added.

"You two sounded like concerned dads instead of potential boyfriends you know." Donghyuck teased earning him a flick on the forehead from Mark and a glare from both Jaemin and Jeno.

Ignoring what her friend said, Hina explained, "Sorry. Trainer unnie dismissed me early knowing that I have something to do at school. I knew you're still practicing so I've decided to let you finish."

"How come you're friends with Koeun noona with that gentle personality of yours?" Donghyuck commented again making everyone burst in laughter.

"I'm telling Koeun unnie." Hina said, her tone teasing.

"I was kidding!" Donghyuck shouted horrified. 

"Shut it, Donghyuck-ah." Jaemin and Jeno said at the same time.


"Anyway. You three already made Hina wait for long. Go get your things now." Mark ordered as Jaemin and Jeno rushed inside to get their bags. Donghyuck, on the other hand, stayed whilst jokingly commenting that he doesn't need to pass anything anymore because the music department where he's enrolled in deemed him a genius. Mark and Hina howled in laughter again.

"By the way hyung, don't you think that the five of us attending SOPA will hit the headlines?"

"What do you mean?" 


"Well, wouldn't we be like SOPA's F4 then?" Donghyuck explained. "Gong Kitty here can take Geum Jan Di's role and given the circumstances, Jeno can play Gu Jun Pyo because he's aggressive towards Hina while Jaemin gets to be Ji Hoo because he's gentle like him."

Hina seemed confused at what Donghyuck was saying and Mark can only shake his head.

"Let's hope that won't happen." Mark stated with a tone of finality as he tried not to imagine the headache that would come with the situation Donghyuck was suggesting.

 

Oh dear Mark Lee, what a long ride it's going to be...


Author's note: Hello! It's been a long time. I just recovered this account today and is happy to say that I get to continue my other stories. For the meantime, here's something that has been on my mind for the past few days. I've stumbled upon Mickey Mouse Club Korea and can't help but to fangirl over baby NCT Dreamies as well as the SM Rookies girls -- Hina in particular. I hope the rumors are true and they'll get to debut soon. Fighting!! :)