-♡-

one day; one hundred wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone knew Hyukjae and Donghae were the mood makers.

It’s not like only two of them were, but somehow when they were together they managed to make people around them smile and laugh. One was witty, another one simply radiated happiness, so it was impossible to not smile around him. Pretty much everyone in Super Junior was like that, but the power of these two guys was at its peak when they were together.

However, recently their power was decreasing rapidly.

Because certain Lee Donghae was feeling down.

Everyone noticed it; members, fans, family, his close friends. And it’s not because Donghae basically was an open book and most of the people could guess his feelings easily, but because of the way he acted.

Lee Donghae, that precious sunshine whose smile could make people around smile as well, stopped smiling.

At least it wasn’t the smile everyone was used to.

Previously whenever Heechul started being his own hyper self and either spoke loudly or joked around, or danced to any girl group’s song Donghae was the one who started clapping his hands and laughing just as loud as Heechul would.

The corners of his lips barely lifted up when he saw all those things now.

Before the guy used to smile widely whenever Siwon entered the room and was the first one to offer him a hug.

The only thing he could offer was a polite bow now.

He used to smile and laugh, and talk, and be all lovey-dovey with Hyukjae whenever they were alone.

But now the only thing Donghae did was cuddling with the guy while being silent.

Hyukjae didn’t know what was with that sudden change of an attitude, neither did Heechul or other members. They tried to talk to the younger, tried to cheer him up, but for some reason it didn’t really work. Donghae tried to pretend that it cheered him, but everyone could tell that he did it only for others to feel better, not because it helped him for real.

Hyukjae knew it couldn’t last longer. They had to do something about it, but what? All their previous attempts failed, so what now? It seemed like there was nothing to do.

However, it didn’t mean he won’t give it at least one more try.

“Hey, Donghae,” he spoke later that evening when he and the other were left alone with no one disturbing them. “There is something I want to ask you… may I?”

“Sure,” the latter replied with a smile. Not that smile Hyukjae wanted to see. “What’s that?”

The dancer inhaled. Well. Now or never.

“How about me fulfilling your wishes?” he asked, realizing that maybe, just maybe he needed to add a few more words.

“Uh… what?” well, that reaction from Donghae was kind of predictable.

Hyukjae smiled awkwardly. See, he never was that type of a person who is good at emotional conversations about feelings. It was Donghae, it always was him who initiated these conversations, and he was really good at it. What about Hyukjae… it’s not like he never felt anything or never thought about something like that. It’s just that he didn’t really need to talk about such things. But now if he really wanted the guy in front of him to get an idea he actually needed to talk about feelings a bit.

Wish him luck.

“Well, I… Actually, not only me, everyone noticed something’s wrong with you. Whenever we ask you about it you always shrug it off, saying it’s okay, but don’t try to fool us. Maybe it’s nothing big, but there’s something that keeps bothering you. You may think it’s not important, but if it makes you feel down, it is. Don’t share if you don’t want to, but… allow me to cheer you up maybe?” he smiled and came closer to the guy, taking that moment of them being alone to initiate some intimacy. Their faces were only a few inches apart and Donghae held his breath. It made Hyukjae smile. The fact that even after so many years of them being together this guy still reacted this way whenever the dancer approached him was precious. “That’s why I allow you to choose one day when I will make your wishes come true. Whatever makes you feel better. Got it now?”

It seemed like the brunette didn’t really pay attention to what the latter was talking about.

“A-all the wishes?” he asked, stuttering a bit; he always stuttered when he was worried… or excited. Excited about Hyukjae being so close, for example.

“How about one hundred? I think that will be enough, right?”

Donghae nodded, grabbing Hyukjae’s wrist, and whispered, “Today. I want it to be today.”

“Today?” the blonde was surprised and looked at the watch. “But it’s just… oh. A new day started a few minutes ago, I didn’t notice it’s past midnight already.”

“Deal then?” the guy asked, rushing him.

“Yes. If I promised, I’ll do it.”

The brunette’s smile became a bit wider, and that made Hyukjae smile as well. It still wasn’t that usual smile Donghae showed when he was genuinely happy; his eyes didn’t smile yet. But that definitely was a good, very good start.

“Then, my first wish is,” he paused for a second, as if thinking how to make it sound right. “Spend this whole day with me. I know you have no schedule today, however, you wanted to work at home and plan a concert a bit, but… not today. Stay with me. Just you. Me. Nothing else. Okay?”

Hyukjae’s eyes widened for a second; that was true – he hasn’t had any schedule that day, members were supposed to rest at home, yet, as he was one of the people who are in charge of the concert, he wanted to work on it a little bit more. He was a perfectionist, everything had to be under control.

But… he promised. And the way Donghae was looking at him…

Ugh, how to say no to those eyes?

“Okay,” the blonde replied with a smile. “Me. You. And nothing else.”

***

Hyukjae didn’t really expect their day together will start… at night. Because when Donghae talked about whole day, he really meant whole day. The blonde wasn’t allowed to go home… alone.

Yeah, Donghae stayed at his apartment. Nothing new. But Hyukjae didn’t mind. He didn’t mind at all; it was actually nice to have someone around.

Someone who kept clinging onto him whole tine and stole both pillows and blankets during the night. Yes, Donghae always was… adventurous while asleep. Always messing up the bedsheets, looking for things to put under his tummy and for people to hug.

Hyukjae will never admit he secretly cooed at this because this sleeping habit was adorable.

“So, what do you want to do now?” the blonde asked once they woke up. “Apart from cuddling.”

The brunette chuckled lightly, and oh, the way he sounded when he laughed. Those short small chuckles made Hyukjae feel like a teenager in love.

Made him feel like that teenager who fell in love with that awkward, funny, kind and passionate boy he met when they were trainees.

“But you told me you will fulfill any wish I have,” the brunette spoke; his voice was a bit hoarse because he was a bit sleepy. Donghae’s sleeping schedule became pretty much a mess – he went to bed late at night (or it’s better to say early in morning?) and woke up before the clock showed 9 a.m. Hyukjae believed it was unhealthy and wondered why the younger kept it that way. “What if everything I want is to cuddle with you whole day?”

“Such a waste of time when you have whole me to do much more interesting activities,” the guy winked.

“ert.”

“ert? But I didn’t mention anything erted? Oh… Maybe it’s you who thought about something naughty?”

Donghae hit him – rather painfully – in his chest and covered his head with the blanket, making the latter chuckle.

“Maybe you’d love me to cook a breakfast for you?” he asked as if nothing happened.

“Actually,” the guy said, immediately peeking out of the blanket, “I want you to order some food and for us to eat it on the bed!”

It was silent for a few seconds.

“You’re aware how I hate a mess, right, Donghae?”

“Yes, but I’m also aware that you always wante

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter