oo7

The Princess Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure you don’t need me to drop you off?” Chunji asked as they stepped out of the restaurant.

Yeeun turned to him with a smile, “It’s alright. Sehun is already here waiting.” She pointed to the black car parked in front of the restaurant.

Chunji glanced at the car, “Well, I had a wonderful time tonight. Thank you for having dinner with me.”

“Thank you for inviting me to dinner.”

“Don’t forget about our date tomorrow.” He reminded as Sehun stepped out of the car.

Yeeun threw him a glance with a smile, “I won’t.”

“And, I’m picking you up tomorrow.” He declared as she was about to get into the car.

“Drive home safely.” She climbed into the car with Sehun closing the door right after her. He turned to look at Chunji and bowed before heading over to the driver’s side and getting into the car.

Chunji watched as the car drove off. He couldn’t help but smile, “It’ll be fun tomorrow.”

 

------

 

“So, you two have a date tomorrow?” Sehun asked looking in the rearview mirror.

“Yes.” Yeeun replied looking out the window.

Sehun smirked, “What are you two going to do?”

“He wants to show me around.” She replied uninterested.

“Wants to show you around, huh?”

Yeeun hummed in response.

“How was dinner? Did you kill the mood?”

“No, I didn’t. It went well, and we got to know each other.”

“Like…what did you guys talk about?” Sehun asked as he stopped at a stoplight.

“The basics. Family, favorite color, and hobbies.” Yeeun answered.

“So, what did you learn about him?”

“Did I just not answer that question?”

“Just answer it.”

“I learned about his family, what his family does, what he likes to do, and that I was his first love.” She blurted the last part unconsciously.

“You’re his first love?!” Sehun yelped in surprise.

Yeeun’s eyes widened realizing what she had blurted out loud, “Did I say that out loud?”

Sehun laughed out loud, “Holy cow!”

Yeeun groaned mortified.

“Are you serious? You’re his first love? How did that even happen?” Sehun tried swallowing his laugh but couldn’t.

“Shut up.” Yeeun grumbled.

“That’s not very princess like, Aleena.” Sehun smirked.

“I don’t want to hear that from you.”

“I definitely need to tell Changjo about this. This is too funny not to tell.” Sehun crackled.

“Stop! You can’t!” Yeeun whined from the backseat.

“Too bad. I’m telling, and this is going to go down in our friendship history.”

“I hate you.”

“You’ve told me that plenty of times already, so it doesn’t affect me.”

“I’m going to tell your girlfriend.”

“You don’t even have her number.”

“I’ll find out.” Yeeun threatened.

“Why are you so shy about the fact that you’re his first love? Is something wrong with that?” Sehun asked on a serious note.

Yeeun heaved a sigh, “I don’t know. What am I going to do?”

“You’re going to marry him and live happily ever after.”

“That only happens in fairytales.”

“Is this not a fairytale? I mean, you are a princess after all.”

“Are you mocking me?”

“You are no fun, Yeeun.”

“That’s because I’m like stressing out back here.”

“For what? This marriage is going to solve your problems.”

“It’ll solve the country’s problem, but not my personal life problems.”

“I mean, what are you complaining about? You’re marrying a good-looking guy from a good family. What’s wrong with that? Because you don’t have any feelings for him?”

“I just…I don’t know.”

“You’re just thinking about this too deep.”

“He asked about divorce.” Yeeun blurted.

Sehun pinched his brows together, “Divorce?”

“Yes, divorce.”

“Why would he ask about it? Oh gawd, please tell me you two didn’t write a contract for the marriage.”

Yeeun turned to look at her best friend, “No, we didn’t write a contract.”

Sehun heaved a sigh of relief, “Oh goo. It would have been bad if you two did.”

“I told him the truth that I didn’t know. This marriage is just business. Plus, no one is to know about my identity.”

“Ah, that reminds me.”

“What?”

“I’ll tell you when we’re home, but it’s about your identity here in South Korea.”

“A new identity, huh?”

“You know it but going back to you and Chanhee. You don’t need to feel bad or anything. It should be easy if the two of you want a divorce.”

Yeeun took a deep breath, “Only time will tell.”

Sehun heard the change in her tone. He glanced in the rearview mirror and saw the unreadable look on his best friend’s face, “You feel bad, don’t you?”

“I do, but I also feel something else that I can’t pinpoint yet. According to him, I was his first love. Can you believe it that he fell in love with me when he laid eyes on me?”

“I mean, there has been plenty of men who has fallen in love with you, Yeeun.” Sehun stated as a matter of fact.

Yeeun stayed silent.

“So, you feel…guilty that he has, no, had feelings for you and you don’t have any towards him?”

“Yes.”

“Why are you worried about that?”

“Because I feel like it’s unfair for him.”

“Yeeun, this whole situation in unfair to both you and Lee Chanhee. You two are forced into a marriage and you don’t have feelings for each other. Even though you were his first love, that doesn’t mean he loves you now. It’s been years and feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter