oo3

The Princess Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

“Yeeun, are you almost done? Mr. and Mrs. Lee will be here in any moment.” Sehun knocked on Yeeun’s bedroom door.

“I’m done.” Yeeun opened the door with a bright smile.

“Good.” Sehun nodded as he stepped out of the way for Yeeun to walk out of her bedroom.

“My dad has spoken highly of Mr. and Mrs. Lee, so I’m excited to finally meet them. They even arranged everything here for me. I’m grateful for that.” Yeeun stated as she headed down the staris.

Sehun followed behind, “I’ve done some research about them and they’re known throughout South Korea. They are owners of a big shopping mall and have two sons. Lee Chanhee and Lee Kwanghee. Lee Chanhee is the eldest and the heir to the shopping mall, which was announced last year at their annual party. Lee Kwanghee is a student at Seoul Univeristy studying engineering.”

“Wow.” Yeeun smacked her lips, “They seem like a very high-end family.”

“They are one of South Korea’s top one percent families. They do hold a lot of power being the top one percent.” Sehun scolled down his iPad.

“And, they don’t have royalty here anymore, correct?” Yeeun asked looking up at Sehun, who nodded.

“Correct.” He replied.

“Is it awkward that I’m a princess? People here wouldn’t believe that if I told them that, right?”

Sehun shrugged, “I’m not sure, but you can’t tell everyone that you are a princess. It won’t be safe for you if you did so.”

“I know, it’s for my safety. However, I will tell those who I think I can trust.” Yeeun informed.

“Yes, and that is me, Mr. and Mrs. Lee as well as their people since they will be the ones providing protection for you.” Sehun explained.

“Okay, okay, they’ll be the only one who knows.”

“I’m being very serious Yeeun. No one can know that you’re a princess.” He said sternly.

She heaved a sigh, “I know. I won’t go around telling people that I’m a princess. Give me some credit, would you?”

Sehun cracked a smile, “I will when credit is due. Now, please be on your best behavior.”

Yeeun raised a brow, “I’m not a kid, Sehun. I know how to act like an adult.”

“I was just making sure.”

“Go make some tea or something.”

“Would you like some?”

“Yes, please.”

“Very well.” Sehun walked out of the living room and headed towards the kitchen.

Yeeun took a deep breath and leaned back in her seat. It was her first official day in South Korean and she was anxious. The moment she woke up, she had forgetton that she was in a different country. She thought she had gotten kidnapped by the officials of Genovia, but luckily, she wasn’t.

“I’m still so tired.” She whispered as a small yawn escaped her lips.

“Are you tired?” Sehun asked as he stepped into the living room.

She looked up at her best friend with a meek smile, “I am.”

“Well, you better get used to it. Plus, it’s almost noon. You slept in today.”

“I finally got to sleep in. I’ve waited twenty-three years to be able to sleep in.”

Sehun chuckled, “Because a princess should always be up early to catch the worm.”

“Well,” Yeeun straightened up. “There’s no early worm for me to catch here, so I’m going to sleep in.”

“You’re free to do what you want. I’m not going to tell you to do anything.”

“Better not or I’m going to complain to Changjo and have you two switch places.”

“Is that a threat?” Sehun sat down next to her.

Yeeun shrugged, “Maybe.”

He chuckled and grabbed the remote. He the TV and a Korean drama was playing.

“Oh, what’s that?” Yeeun asked as her eyes were glued on the screen.

“A Korean drama. They air on TV everyday.” He explained.

“Interesting. Oh, now that guy is very good looking.”

“Me? Why thank you.”

Yeeun laughed, “Please, just because you’re half Korean doesn’t mean you’re good looking like that guy.”

“Alright, fine, just watch. We still have to wait for the Lees to come.”

 

------

 

DING DONG

“Looks like they’re here.” Sehun stood up and headed over to the front door.

Yeeun quickly turned off the TV and sat up straight. She had to look refine. She was a princess after all.

“Hello.” Sehun greeted as he opened the door showing Mr. and Mrs. Lee.

“Hello.” Mr. and Mrs. Lee greeted with bow.

“Please, come in.” Sehun stepped aside as Mr. and Mrs. Lee stepped into the house. They walked into the living room where Yeeun stood up with a smile.

“Hello.” She greeted.

“Hello Your Highness.” Mr. and Mrs. Lee bowed.

“Thank you for taking care of me.” Yeeun thanked.

“It’s our pleasure.” Mr. Lee bowed.

“Please, sit.” She motioned for the couple to sit.

“Thank you.” Mr. and Mrs. Lee sat down.

“This is Sehun. He is a Knight of Genovia.” Yeeun introduced.

“It’s a pleasure meeting you.” Sehun bowed.

“Our pleasure.” Mr. and Mrs. Lee bowed.

“Bring us some tea please.” Yeeun turned to Sehun, who bowed and left to the kitchen.

“I hope everything is comfortable for you here.” Mr. Lee smiled.

Yeeun smiled back, “It is. Thank you again for doing this.”

“If you need anything, please do let us know. We want your stay to be as comfortable as possible.” Mrs. Lee smiled.

“I will.” She replied.

“If you don’t mind, our sons will be stopping by for a moment to greet you.” Mr. Lee informed.

“I don’t mind at all.” Yeeun smiled.

“Is this your first time in South Korea?” Mrs. Lee asked.

“Yes, it is. Actually, it’s my first time abroad alone.” She answered.

Mr. and Mrs. Lee looked at each other before turning back to her.

“I’m sure the King and Queen are quite worried about you.” Mr. Lee chuckled.

“They were more anxious than I was.” Yeeun laughed softly. “Mr. Lee, my father has told me a lot about you.”

“I hope they were good and not bad things he told you.” The older male joked.

“Of course, my father would never speak ill of you.”

“Your father and I go way back. When I met him, I didn’t even know he was a prince because he was dressed like a normal citizen. When I found out that he was a prince, oh boy, I felt like I had committed the worst sin ever.” Mr. Lee chuckled as he reminisced the past.

“He did tell me about that story. I found it very fascinating that you didn’t walk away from him even after you knew that he was a prince.” Yeeun smiled as Sehun walked into the room with three cups of tea.

“Thank you.” Mr. and Mrs. Lee thanked as he set the cups of tea in front of them o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter