o29

The Princess Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeeun’s eyes widened in shock. She stared at him like he was some sort of alien. He…was starting to like her…a lot?!

“A-And, it’s not because you’re a princess. I-I like the real you. The you, who I met here.” He confessed.

Yeeun opened , but nothing came out. She didn’t know what to say.

Chunji flushed red, “S-Sorry! I-I didn’t mean to c-confess like this. I-I just…I…”

Yeeun took a deep breath and looked into his eyes, “I…it’s just…I…”

“Y-You don’t have answer anything.” Chunji stuttered.

Yeeun fiddled with her fingers, “I…” She squeezed her eyes shut, “I’m really really grateful for you and your family. I can’t thank you enough for everything that you guys have done.”

Chunji stared at her.

Yeeun opened her eyes and looked up at him. She took a deep breath, “If…I can be honest…I felt burden when you first told me that I was your first love.”

Chunji inhaled a sharp breath.

“It’s just…I’m sorry.” Yeeun apologize.

Chunji bit his lip. His heart broke a little. “I-It’s alright. I-I wasn’t expecting you to feel the same way. I just…I just thought I’d let you know. I’ve been thinking about it a lot lately and seeing how you enjoyed shopping for the wedding, I just thought…maybe you felt the same...”

Yeeun blinked at him and swallowed.

He let out an awkward chuckle, “Don’t worry about it. I’m glad I was able to tell you how I felt.” He gave her a meek smile and started walking.

Yeeun watched him walk away. She wanted to reach and hold him back, but she couldn’t find herself doing it. She couldn’t hold him back when she just flat out rejected him.

She bit her lip and quickly followed him. Even though she rejected him, she just couldn’t leave him by himself. She finally caught up to him and they walked in silence the rest of the way to the park.

The night breeze was light and there wasn’t a lot of noise in the area. Cars could be heard buzzing pass the park and there were people walking around the park. Some were with their pets and others were with their partners.

Chunji and Yeeun continued to walk in silence as they enter the park. They didn’t know what to say after the confession and rejection. They could act like it never happened, but it happened, and they couldn’t get rid of that fact.

Yeeun took a deep breath. She couldn’t do it anymore. The awkward silence was killing her, and she felt bad.

“C-Chanhee oppa.” She called softly.

Chunji felt his heart flutter. He swallowed and stopped.

She stopped keeping her eyes on the ground, “…I’m sorry.”

“You…don’t have to apologize. You didn’t do anything wrong.” He said softly.

“It’s just…” She bit her lip. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s alright. You don’t have to apologize anymore. I feel bad already.”

Yeeun opened but closed it.

“Let’s continue walking.” Chunji stated as he started walking again.

Yeeun looked up and watched him walk away. She saw that he was sulking, but he didn’t want to make it obvious. She could tell.

She heaved a dejected sigh and followed him. She couldn’t think of anything else. She didn’t know what to do or say. This situation was a situation that she had never encounter before. She didn’t want to call Sehun either and ask him because he would probably say something that was right.

She pouted unable to think of a way to make things not awkward. It wasn’t like they weren’t ever going to see each other again. They were getting married in a week and a half, so they’re practically stuck with each other until the very end.

If they could, they would ignore the fact that they were getting married. But that was a fact that they could not ignore at all. It was the biggest fact that they knew was going to happen no matter what.

Chunji and Yeeun continued to walk in silence. No words were exchange. Not even a glance was exchanged between the two of them. They walked throughout the park side by side in silence.

“Are you ready to go back?” Chunji asked as he came to a stop.

Yeeun stopped and looked up at him, “…Yes.”

Chunji nodded, “We should head back. It’s getting late.”

“Actually,” Yeeun started. “I think we need to talk about this.”

Chunji blinked at her, “Talk?”

“That’s right. I don’t think we can go on if we don’t figure this out.”

Chunji stayed silent.

“I know…that this is awkward. I do appreciate that…you told me your honest feelings, but I can’t accept them. It’s just…I don’t feel like I deserve it. I don’t have the rights to accept your feelings.”

“You…don’t have the rights?” Chunji repeated softly. “Don’t I decide on whether who has the rights?”

Yeeun blinked at him, “I mean…you do.”

“Then can you look me in the eyes?” He asked.

She looked up and stared into his eyes.

“I am telling you this right now.” He stared into her eyes. “You have the rights to accept my feelings. No one can tell you otherwise. I am giving you permission to accept my feelings.”

“Chanhee…” She whispered.

“I’m not asking for you to accept my feelings right now. I’m letting you know that you have the rights to accept them and now, I only have feelings for you. You’re the one I like.”

Yeeun pressed her lips into a thin line not sure on what to say.

“Even if you don’t have feelings for me now, I’m going to work hard and make you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter