oo1

The Princess Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why do you look like that?” Changjo asked sitting down across from Yeeun.

“What am I supposed to look like?” Yeeun asked looking up at her best friend.

“Happy, not gloomy.” Sehun replied as he stepped into the room.

“How can I when the officials are trying to ruin everything?” Yeeun pouted.

“It’s okay. I’m sure you’ll figure something because you’re a smart woman.” Changjo gave her a charming smile.

Yeeun heaved a heavy sigh, “But I don’t know what to do.”

“I thought your parents had some people outside of the country that they know.” Sehun sat down next to her.

“They do, but they’re in South Korea and I don’t know how to get there without the officials knowing.” Yeeun replied.

“Do you need to go in secret though?” Changjo asked.

Yeeun thought about it. She really didn’t have to go in secret, but if the officials knew that she was leaving the country then they’d take over, wouldn’t they?

“You want to go in secret because you think the officials are going to take over while you’re gone, right?” Sehun asked looking at Yeeun, who nodded in agreement.

“Why is it that you always know what I’m thinking?” Yeeun asked turning to Sehun, who shrugged his shoulders with a smile.

“Might be because we grew up together.” He replied.

“You two aren’t the only ones who grew up together. The three of us grew up together.” Changjo chimed in.

Yeeun and Sehun laughed upon hearing that.

“Alright, alright.” Sehun nodded. “The three of us grew up together, but I know Yeeun’s thoughts more than you.”

Changjo rolled his eyes, “Whatever. I know her better than you.”

Before Sehun could say anything, Yeeun held up a hand. “Okay, stop it you two. I’m still trying to figure this thing out here.” Yeeun heaved a sigh.

“Why don’t you go to South Korea and see if any of your parents’ friends will help you?” Sehun suggested.

“And don’t worry about the officials.” Changjo stated. “They can’t do much if they don’t hold a lot of power.”

“He’s right. They can’t do anything without power.”

“But that doesn’t mean that they won’t do anything.” Yeeun huffed.

Sehun gave her a light nudge with his elbow, “Don’t say that.”

“How can I not? The situation is really bad.” Yeeun looked between her best friends.

“It’s not that bad right now. Plus, it’s just rumors going around. You know yourself that the officials won’t do anything recklessly.” Changjo assured.

“I don’t know.” Yeeun bit her lip.

“Don’t bite your lip or it’s going to bleed.” Sehun scolded.

Yeeun pressed her lips into a thin line.

“Stop worrying about it and keep thinking about going to South Korea.” Changjo passed her his phone.

“That means I have to talk to my parents about it.” Yeeun heaved a dejected sigh.

“Were you not planning on telling the King and Queen?” Sehun raised a brow.

“No, I was. I can’t go to South Korea on my own without them knowing. Plus, it’d be too dangerous.”

“That’s right. We can’t put you in danger when you’re the only one who is going to inherit the throne.” Changjo chuckled.

Yeeun shook her head, “Don’t say that.”

“What? Did I say something wrong?” Changjo blinked at her.

“No, it’s nothing. I’m just being a little sensitive at the moment.” Yeeun gave her best friend an apologetical look.

“Don’t worry about anything. Your parents are here and I’m sure they won’t let anything happen while you’re gone.” Changjo grinned.

“And plus, we’ll be here to make sure that nothing happens.” Sehun added.

Yeeun looked at them flustered, “Aren’t you two going to come along with me if I go?”

Sehun and Changjo turned to look at each other before turning to Yeeun, “We are?”

“How can you two not come with me? You guys want me to go there alone? By myself? How can the two of you call yourselves my best friends?”

“Well, as knights we can’t just leave because we want to. We need permission to leave.” Sehun explained.

“I know that, so can’t we go tell my parents that I need the two of you with me? Plus, I can’t go to another country without protection.” Yeeun stated.

Changjo heaved a sigh, “Fine.”

Sehun blinked a few times, “Fine?”

Changjo looked over at Sehun, “Yeeun isn’t wrong. They’re not going to let her go without protection and both you and I know that there isn’t anyone who they would trust more than us.”

Sehun thought about it and Changjo was right, the King and Queen would not send anyone else besides the two of them.

“Okay, we’ll go talk to them.” Sehun turned to look at Yeeun, who clapped her hands softly with a bright smile.

Changjo and Sehun couldn’t help but chuckle seeing her reaction.

“Are you that happy?” Changjo pointed a finger at her.

“Of course, I am. If this goes well then, we get to travel. I don’t get to travel abroad much.” Yeeun looked at her best friends.

“How did we get such a cute best friend?” Sehun wondered when an arm propped on his knee and chin on hand.

Yeeun smiled, “Because I was born this way.”

“Ay, look at this conceited girl.” Changjo clicked his tongue wagging a finger.

“We’re still best friends.” Yeeun stated the obvious.

“You can’t get rid of us.” Sehun chuckled as he smirked at Changjo, who shook his head.

“I wish I could get rid of you.” Changjo grumbled as he leaned back.

Yeeun stood up, “I should go talk to my parents.”

Sehun and Changjo stood up as well.

“Do you want us to come with you?” Sehun asked.

Yeeun shook her head, “No, it’s alright. You two stay here and I’ll be back after I talk to them.”

“Are you sure?” Changjo asked aware that Yeeun was nervous.

She gave her best friends a reassuring smile, “I’m sure. It’ll be quick, so wait for me.”

Sehun and Changjo looked at each other concerned.

“I’ll be fine. Just wait for me. Don’t go anywhere.” Yeeun commanded.

Changjo and Sehun saluted, “Yes ma’am.”

 

-----

 

“Hello mom, dad.” Yeeun greete

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter