Hate You, Love You

Girl's Generation: A Taengsic Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hearing Tiffany's question was completely unexpected for Taeyeon as she was caught completely offguard. The tension between them worried even Red Velvet. Joy, Wendy and Seulgi were just sitting at the edge of their seats, while Yeri continued to do her best to comfort Taeyeon by being by her side. Irene then moved over towards Tiffany, hoping to keep her calm, knowing how she gets when she is angry. Before Tiffany could say anything to break the silence, Irene grabbed her hand and squeezed it gently. Yeri just hugged Taeyeon and still held onto her hand. Taeyeon closed her eyes, because this was going to be one of the hardest things that she's ever going to have to admit. "Yes...I do..." It didn't take long for her to burst into tears. "I have feelings for her, Fany...I want to hate her, but I can't." She wiped her eyes as a few more tears escaped. "I initially let her into my home...because I wanted a front row seat in watching her suffer. But I couldn't take that...I'm a monster. A two-faced ..." She confessed.

Her confession stunned everyone, especially Tiffany. "That's pretty low, Taeyeon...Even for you." She replied, disgusted wth Taeyeon's reasonably malevolent actions. "Why would you want to see her in shambles? Why would you wish that on anyone?" Tiffany folded her arms, prompting Irene to get in between them, worried that Tiffany was going to blow a gasket.

"Because I was jealous of her. Her beauty, her success, how the fans always love her more and I wanted to see if she knew how I felt when she was still with us." Taeyeon, unable to hold back any longer, started crying, horrified by her actions early in the week when Jessica had first come back. "But in the end, I realized...I was wrong for wanting that..." Finally, she looked down at Yeri and hugged her. "I'm sorry, my little princess..." She cried heavily, her tears slowly soaking Yeri's shoulder. "For what, unnie?" She asked, confused.

"When you stuck up for her that night...I wanted to yell at you for it...I just couldn't...But I was in the wrong for wanting to do that..." Taeyeon cried.

Slowly, she let Yeri go, who still held onto her hand. Tiffany looked down at the dining room table, before looking at Irene, squeezing her hand. "It takes a lot of courage to own up to your misdeeds, Taeng...Especially the kind that you've intended..." Both Irene and Yeri let go of the two women, who were now face to face.

Taeyeon couldn't even make eye-contact with Tiffany, feeling greatly ashamed, about the woman she was drawn to and the malevolence that manifested within her heart and ignited the internal civil war that she had with herself. Flinching because she thought Tiffany was going to hit her, Taeyeon slowly looked into Tiffany's eyes, shaking. But then Tiffany just wiped away her tears. "I'm not gonna say what you did was okay...But...The girls were right, this is your chance to turn over a new leaf with Jess. Just give it some time before you affirm your feelings for her...Granted it's pretty obvious how you guys feel about each other considering you...nearly made love in the kitchen." Tiffany then brushed Taeyeon's hair. "And I don't care if you love other women. As long as you're happy, I am too because you're my Best Friend. However..." Tiffany trailed off, worrying Taeyeon. "If you guys end up tying the knot later down the road..." Taeyeon's eyes went wide, worried that Tiffany was going to say something horrible. "You have to choose me to be your Maid of Honor." To this, Taeyeon smiled as she wiped away her tears. "What about us...?" Joy pouted. "Oh you guys can be the flower girls." Tiffany responded, making Joy smile confidently.

Soon, Tiffany and Taeyeon were swarmed by Red Velvet's group hug. Meanwhile, Jessica was just enjoying her time with Sooyoung, which, like her day with Seohyun, was attracting attention from netizens. Either way, the two women laughed about the photos taken of them surfacing online. After their meals, Sooyoung footed the bill. As they exited the Restaurant and got into Sooyoung's car, Jessica set her purse by her feet and got her seatbelt on. Compared to the cheerful atmosphere that was within the restaurant, it was really quiet in the car. The sudden change left Sooyoung concerned. "What's wrong, Jess?" She asked as they got to a red light.

Jessica adjusted her shirt. "Just...Thinking about Taeyeon. Even though I couldn't stand her back then...and didn't really like the idea of coming to her for help...Its like...I can't help but be drawn to her. Like I may not want her, but...My heart does. It feels so...so strange."

Sooyoung continued to drive quietly, puzzled by Jessica's words. "So what you're telling me is that...you think you're in love with Taeyeon...and you hate it?" She asked, gripping the steering wheel. "Love is a very strange thing, Jess. Trust me, I should know. I also find it funny how my relationship is growing strong while everyone else went through a break up a few years go. Well, it would have been you and me, since we started dating at the same time. So why did you break up with Tyler?" She asked, curious about Jessica' Mysterious Ex-Boyfriend.

"If you really need to know. The feeling wasn't there anymore. We didn't really spend all that much time together and it was mutual. But I'll always be thankful that he helped me jumpstart Blanc & Eclare. If it weren't for him, I probably wouldn't be where I am today." Jessica responded, not feeling comfortable about the topic. "I'm still wondering how you're still with Kyung-ho. Like, Yuri, Taeyeon, Yoona and Tiffany all went through break-ups in rapid succession and then there's you. And of course, Seohyun doesn't have a single dating scandal under her belt like the rest of us seem to. Like remember when people thought Psy was having an affair with Yoona? That was kinda hilarious." Jessica started giggling.

"Yeah, that scandal was nothing but trouble. But Yoona laughed about it because if the affair did happen, she would have been cheating on Lee Seung-Gi at the time. Shame that they broke up. They were a cute couple." Sooyoung frowned.

"But yours is still going strong. But no couple, at least out of us, can't beat Seohyun when she was with Jung Yonghwa. They were so adorable on their segment of We Got Married." Jessica smiled at the thought, thinking about how Seohyun would be as a loving wife, but probably the most loving out of them all.

"Sadly, you're right. Wish they could actually be together. I really want to see Seohyun fall in love. She really deserves i

Please log in to read the full chapter