the only chapter

All I Have
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You walked into the building knowing that something was wrong.

 

Namjoon never called you.  Ever. Even as a responsible leader on emergencies.  But this was past an emergency: Yoongi was freaking out again.

 

Your boyfriend was a control freak when it came to producing music.  You could remember the early days of you two dating. He would spend hours and hours up alone, working on different beats, raps, and sound mastering, and he would do it without a care in the world.  It pained you to see him exhaust himself like that, especially when they were on tour or even taking time off to vacation before the next scheduled comeback.

 

And when things went dark, and the anxiety kicked in, you didn’t know what to do or who to call.  

 

“Y/N,” Namjoon said softly as you approached Yoongi’s studio.  “Sorry I called you so suddenly. I should’ve --”

 

You shook your head and mustered a smile.  “No, it’s okay. I appreciate it,” you found yourself saying.  “Is he in there?” Your gaze flickered to the studio door.

 

The leader sighed heavily.  “He always is,” he replied. He pursed his lips.  “I’ll be here if things get bad.”

 

You nodded before opening the door.

 

Everything was a mess.  Papers were everywhere, post-it notes were plastered onto the dull walls, and sound equipment lay strewn on the floor.  You covered your mouth and held the deep gasp of horror in your chest as you made your way to the sound booth.

 

He was sitting in the corner with his legs drawn close to his chest.  His head was down. His knuckles were white from holding his legs.

 

You carefully opened the door and slowly walked towards him.  “Yoongi?” you called out quietly.

 

He didn’t respond, even as you sat down next to him and touched his shoulder.

 

“Yoongi?  Baby, what’s wrong?” you asked calmly.

 

He shook his head, his head still down.  “I can’t do it,” he whispered. “You know when you’ve been doing something for so long that it just…becomes a routine?  A habit? When the passion you used to have for your craft suddenly fades away…” He looked up and gazed at her. His eyes were red and puffy.  “I have to keep producing music. If I don’t --”

 

“You’re the most brilliant person I know,” you said.  “Everything you produce is treasure. You love say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter