001

Smoke
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

001

 

 

 

 

 Even if she was foreigner, she succeed. Learning korean wasn't easy but she did it. Now people weren't suspicious about her origin with her fluent accent, very fluent.

 

 Joo Kyulkyung came to Korea to become more independent. She wanted to be a lawyer before coming back to her hometown. Here, she met some great friends and they were now inseparable. She always hang out with them except when she had important test.


 

  Once, her friends decided to bring her, in the middle of night, to a party. She even didn't know the lucky girl who was celebrating it but Kyulkyung was still there because her friends knew this person. She wasn't fond of party, she was sitting away from the crowd, playing with her phone. Then her friends Yebin, snatched her phone away. “Are you that bored ?”

 

“I'm a bit tired and I don't know anyone here.” she tried to take back her phone. Yebin pulled her towards the crowd. Kyulkyung was usually not that shy but she didn't want to talk with those people, almost everyone was drunk, some of them was already making out and so on.

 

Yebin caught someone and was almost running towards her.

“Hey Sejeong, long time not see you !”

 

“Yebin! I'm glad you came today” the girl ‘Sejeong’ replied while hugging her then her eyes landed on Kyulkyung.

 

“Oh you're Kyulkyung right ? Yebin often talks about you! Nice to meet you.” They shared a handshake. Kyulkyung showed out a smile.

 

“Nice to meet you too.”

 

Yebin was very close to Sejeong since they were childhood friends. They started chatting about random topic until someone else called Sejeong. She excused herself but soon she met others encounter. Kyulkyung was tired but Yebin and Eunwoo wanted to stay a little longer. So the Chinese decided to take fresh air.

 

Once she opened the door, she was coughing because of the smoke. Someone was obviously smoking around. Kyulkyung immediately covered her nose before looking at the culprit. The latter was leaning against the wall. It was a girl, wearing a black blazer with white shirt, seemed taller than her. The latter was not paying attention to her until she was coughing even more. The stranger landed her eyes on her while removing the cigarette from , and expired even more smoke.


 

“Have a problem ?” she asked, Kyulkyung found her a bit arrogant.


 

“Yeah, your cigarette.”


 

“This is a public place, Miss.”

 

With that, she walked away but it seemed the girl wasn't planning to stop smoking.

 

She wanted to take it off from and stubbed out.


 

And she did.


 

The stranger chuckled, “why did you do that ?” she shot her a glare, trying to intimidated her.


 

“It's not good for your health. You can died because of it, and it is not like you didn't know.” Kyulkyung replied firmly. Soon the stranger put her hands on the wall, leaning closer.


 

“Who are you to tell me what I should do ?”


 

 She's right.


 

The girl brushed her shoulder before returning inside. She didn't forget to slam the door.

 

She leaned against the wall at her turn, sighing. Kyulkyung massaged her temple while closing her eyes. Feeling the fresh air hitting her cheek. Five minutes later, she returned inside, only to grab her bag.

 

“Are you tired ?” Eunwoo asked her. “The party is not over yet.”


 

“Sorry but I'm really tired. You can stay here with Yebin, I’ll find a taxi.”


 

Sejeong heard them and she stopped her. “My friend are going to back home too, I can ask to drop you.”

 

Kyulkyung was about to decline her offer.

 

“Yah Nayoung!! Can you do me a favor ?” she shouted despite the loud music and a familiar figure walked towards them, it was her.

 

The latter looked at Kyulkyung, head to toe like she was checking her out, “what ?”


 

“Can you bring back -”


 

“No.” she replied firmly, still looking at the Chinese. “See you tomorrow.” she bid them goodbye.


 

Arrogant and rude, seriously this girl is something.


 

“Excuse her, she's reckless but she's cool.” Sejeong kept her smile.


 

Soon Kyulkyung left. She prayed to not have a traffic jam but she had to find a taxi first. When she was in the street, she caught her again at the other side of the road. Unexpectedly, the girl was also staring at her. Kyulkyung cleared and lift her arm to call a taxi.

 

Even if her eyes were no longer on her, she could feel her stare. A taxi stopped next to her, she greeted the driver. She glanced through her window, the girl had another cig in , still smirking.


 

“Can we go ?” the driver asked her, Kyulkyung nodded and told him the address. She tried to clear her mind during the ride.


 

Why did she look at me ? She's weird. At least I didn't register her name.



 

Nayoung.



 

.


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter