oh, my love

oh, maknaes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

mood starters : oh hayoung and oh sehun upon meeting each other in wgm~

 

 

Hayoung could never get used to the feeling of staying in a foreign country.

The faint sounds of busy streets and cars beeping, the noise of people speaking a language she barely understood disappearing into background noise and the subtle movements her members made as they dozed off into sleep engulfed Hayoung as she stared out the window of their van.

They had just finished their event in LA, the last of the four mini concerts they held in the western part of the world, it has only been a few days and she was already missing home. Others would say something along the lines of “Ah yes Seoul, I miss it indeed” but Hayoung’s home was different.

Her home embodied a human being.

Hayoung shifted in her position as she stretched out her legs a little–they were starting to feel numb as they were bent for quite too long. She inhales a deep breath, closing her eyes a little before opening them again quickly when she felt her phone vibrate. She received a text message.

 

“Baby? I’m in room 365.”

 

Hayoung stares at her phone for a while, unable to process that he's here. He's actually here. And she smiles to herself.

Her thoughts transition from the busy city to a particular broad-shouldered man, with a dashing face and her face flushes in a bright shade of pink. 

Hayoung missed him more than she could express. After not getting a glimpse of him for nearly 6 months, she couldn’t help but reminisce the time they have both spent together in the past months. She couldn’t really recall when, or how but all she knew for sure was that she did fall for him, and she fell hard.

She thought, that maybe it was the secret glances he had shared with her back in their rookie days. The split second gazes he gave her, and the second-long ones she would return to him, that made her fall for him.

Perhaps it was when she would get lost on her way to their dressing room, when she would spend five to ten minutes trying to look for a door with “Apink” written on a piece of paper taped on it and for some reason, he would be there to help her find her way back.

Or maybe it was when she saw him huddled in a corner in an empty studio when she had gone out to find their leader but found him instead. His fingers running through his hair as he let out multiple exhausted sighs. Another idol breakdown. She had thought to herself, wondering whether it was right to approach him at the current moment. When he had looked up and saw her, she gaped at the stress evident on his face, and the word 'help' written all over it. She slid next to him who was leaning on the wall, and they sat in silence, no awkwardness. Just pure comfort and solace. 

Maybe it was when she had gone out to the convenience store to buy ramen, dressed in all black sweats and hidden underneath a black cap and white mask when she found him buying chips on the aisle next to where she was and despite her criminal-on-the-run attire, he had still been able to recognize her not knowing it was that sparkle in her eyes that gave her disguise away the moment their gazes met.

It could have probably been that night when she was on the brink of a breakdown for homesickness when an unknown number had slid it’s way into her inbox asking her if she was asleep already. She didn’t reply 

“I went to the convenient store tonight but I didn’t see anyone in a store robber’s attire. I was sad :(” Hayoung immediately replied.

Or it could possibly be on the day of Taemin’s surprise for Naeun when he had asked her to meet him in an empty studio an hour before and she had returned to their dressing room with a pink rose and a note on it

“Naega mani chowa-hae Hayoung-ah. I like you a lot”

She wasn’t able to hide her loving gaze at him as he couldn’t hide the blush on his cheeks that day as soon as they started filming for the episode of We Got Married, receiving a scolding from her manager not to be too obvious next time. She didn’t mind though, she was far too happy to worry about an obvious loving smile she had given to her boyfriend on National TV.

 

“Girls we’re here” Hayoung squints her eyes open, rubbing them to clarify her sight, unaware that she had fallen asleep on their way to their hotel. 

“You can go rest. And if any of you want to go sight seeing, just tell me”

Chorong and Hayoung made their way out of the van, the rest of the girls stayed behind with the most annoying, cocky grins on their faces.

“Oppa,  let's go get burgers” Bomi comes up with a lame excuse as she eyes their leader and maknae “I think Hayoung and Unnie want to stay behind” and she wiggles her brows, sliding the door closed before the two could even say anything.

They drive off and Hayoung and Chorong make their way up to the elevators.

Hayoung smiles to herself. 

“Unnie, Oppa’s already waiting” Hayoung tells Chorong and she looks at her with a nod and a soft smile on her lips “Enjoy Hayoungie” she giggles, giving Hayoung a light smack on the arm “Don’t go all wild!” And Hayoung laughs, the color of her cheeks turning red, embarrassed at her Unnie's remarks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter