Part 01 of "Amazed by You"

Mazed: Same ground, Different sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter One: “Amazed by You”

Part 01

 

Mars 15th:

“Like this, like this... little bit on the right...Good...Big smile...yes like this...J’ADORE! That’s for today...Good Job chérie!” The famous photographer Marcel said, with his French accent, to the lovely model with fair brown hair and kitten eyes in front of him.

“It’s always a pleasure to work with you, Jennie chérie!”

“Merci Marcel!” The young lady replied with a charming smile, before leaving the shooting set with both her assistance and stylist.

“Jennie! Your schedule is free for today due to Mr. Richard’s arrival. The piano and flying yoga lessons are reported for tomorrow after your photo shoot” Announced the assistance.

“Thanks Maya!” Said Jennie

 

 After changing her outfit, Jennie quickly went outside the studio, where someone very special was waiting for her. A man with a casual yet chic style got out of a luxury car. He was clearly in his late thirties/early forties. As soon as Jennie spotted him, she rushed toward him:

“Did you miss that handsome?” He asked Jennie with his conceited tone.

“DAD!!!” She shouted before hugging him so firmly and he did the same.

“Look like you did!” He confirmed.

“Of course I did, Handsome!”

“So? How have my little “Ruby” been during my absence?” he asked after breaking their hug.

“Busy!” Jennie protested.                                                                                

“With your mom as your manager... that doesn’t surprise me! Speaking of her...” He looked at his hand watch “...Let us not be late for our lunch’s rendezvous with her, would you? You know how much Isabella can be picky!”

“Look like you’re still afraid of her, Dad?” Asked Jennie in a sarcastic way

“Afraid? Terrified you mean!” He corrected her. Then he opened the door of the car for his daughter who was laughing at the face he just made.

X-X

In some chic restaurant, Jennie and her parents were in the middle of their lunch.

 Both the daughter and her dad were staring at Isabella like waiting her to say something. Jennie's mother is an extremely elegant, beautiful and confident woman. Her Aura was definitely something!!!!

She took the time to delicately wipe then decided to say something:

"After discuss it with you father...I think that you could pass the summer vacation in Jeju with him, But of course you shou-... W-What are you doing Jennie?"

  Before she could finish her sentence, Jennie hugged her mom tight; expressing how much she was happy and thankful at that moment.

"Yaaaa! You're just the best mom! I knew you would let me go!"

"Don't say nonsense Jennie! It was only and ONLY because your grades were more than just satisfied and your modeling career is doing more than just fine...Get it!"

"Get it, sir!" A Super happy Jennie said.

"Now rejoin your site... People are watching us!" Isabella was trying to keep her voice tone cool as much as possible.

"Yes sir!"

"Don't worry Isabella, I'll watch Ms. Ruby diet personally!" Said the only man sitting on the table

"Oh please Richard...You were always against those diets...You're definitely not the right person to watch someone's régime!" She clearly confirmed with a mocking tone in her voice.

"Hhh...That true Dad!" Jennie couldn't stop laughing at her father.

“The three of us enjoyed the lunch while having a great time with each other, like any perfect family. No one would have suspect that my parents are actually separated since I was ten. Their divorce didn’t really affected their relation...they just figured out that they aren’t meant for each other and stayed in good terms. Since then, I live here in Seoul with mom while my dad moved to our old house in Jeju Island last year after living all those years abroad. This summer, it will be my first time going to Seogwipo in Jeju since my parents’ separation... It’s an opportunity to spend more time with my father, who I only see occasionally... so I’m really excited about it!

My mom is an ex model and the Beauty editor* of her own fashion magazine. She’s also managing my modeling career along with the unfinished lessons of piano, yoga...and so on! Isabella James may look the successful “Femme Fatal” type (Okay SHE IS!) But she always has been a good and caring mother...She just doesn’t show it directly...And not often!

My father, Richard Kim; is a famous photographer who was once in the fashion industry; but he quitted to travel the world and take pictures freely. He the coolest dad ever and my real best friend...I can just tell him everything... really EVERYTHING! That’s because my dad’s charm is irresistible and limitless.

As for me, I’m Jennie, Jennie Kim and I’m nineteen! Also known as Ms. Ruby by daddy and as  the ‘Perfect Jennie’ by the half of the campus students, who started calling me that as an illustration of the perfect girl that I am with the perfect life that I have: pretty, popular, smart, rich and successful!

The others are always envying me; thinking that people like me don’t need to dream because they got everything they can dream of...But I’m far from being perfect!

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter