Chapter 8

Play With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol walks as if dragging her along behind him by her arm. He brings her outside of the apartment.

 

"Chanyeol, where are we going?"

 

"Somewhere fun. Come on, get in."

 

"I'm not getting in just because you say so."

 

Ofcourse Kyungsoo is confused, Chanyeol opens the door all the way for her. But she don't know how she feel about going for a drive with Chanyeol though.  As she hesitate, something nimbly runs past her legs.

 

"Mongryong!"

 

"Woof!"

 

Mongryong slipped past her into the car and sits in the back seat with his tail wagging.

 

"What's this, Mongryong? You want to come with us?"

 

Chanyeol grins. It's not his usual grin that looks like he has ulterior motives, but he actually has a surprisingly gentle look in his eyes.

 

"Come on, you get in too, You'll feel safer if Mongryong is with us, right? He'll be your knight."

 

Mongryong is a good boy, but Kyungsoo still hesitating. She just can't trust the man known as Park Chanyeol.

 

"What? Someone sure is a doubting Thomas." Chanyeol smiles teasingly. "Do you believe that Mr. Jung would allow a man who would harm women to stay in his house?"

 

Kyungsoo can't turn him down when he puts it like that, she sigh and get into Chanyeol's car.

 

"Woof! Woof!"

 

Mongryong barks happily the moment the car takes off. Kyungsoo look at the back mirror to see him lying down on the back seat completely relaxed. Mongryong sure looks like he's enjoying this outing. Kyungsoo let out a small giggle, the tension finally leaves her shoulders. 

 

Kyungsoo can't still believe she's alone with Chanyeol, she have no idea what to talk about with him and staying quiet is awkward too. She finally open her mouth after pondering what to do.

 

"I wonder just what the cause of Mr. Jung and Yifan's argument earlier was."

 

Kyungsoo can't even think of a common topic for her and Chanyeol to discuss, with no better option she try bringing up what they witnessed earlier.

 

"I've never even imagined Mr. Jung in an argument with someone before."

 

Why is he keeping quiet? Kyungsoo wonder whether that was an inappropriate topic, she chew on her lips while Chanyeol is silently holding the steering wheel.

 

'This is really awkward.'

 

Flustered, Kyungsoo search for another topic.

 

"O-Oh yeah, your dad is Mr. Jung's friend--"

 

"Hey..."

 

"AH!"

 

Kyungsoo let out a small scream. Chanyeol poked her cheek with his finger and chuckled.

 

"Your cheeks are soft."

 

Chanyeol skillfully drives with one hand and keeps a firm eye forward as he messes with her with his free hand. He occasionally looks at Kyungsoo. 

 

"D-Don't tease me...!" Kyungsoo stutter shyly.

 

"There's no need to force a conversation topic." After poking her cheek several times, Chanyeol finally puts both hands back on the steering wheel. "If you're bored, look at the scenery outside. ElyXiOn is a country where even the street corners are picturesque."

 

"Chanyeol..."

 

The tone of his voice is surprisingly gentle. Is he being considerate of me? He noticed my attempt at an empty conversation. The tension leaves Kyungsoo's entire body. Maybe she was nervous without realizing it, she lean back against the chair and mutter.

 

"Thanks. I'll enjoy the drive."

 

Chanyeol glances at her and lightly winks.

 

 

 

~~*~~

"Okay, we're here."

 

"Where are we?"

 

Kyungsoo doe-eyes round at the scenery spread outside the car window. Chanyeol has brought her to a place she never been before, It's a large and well maintained garden.

 

"Woof!"

 

Mongryong puts his front paws out the window and sits up. Mongryong happily wags his tail.

 

"All right, let's get out of here."

 

Kyungsoo get out of the car at his suggestion and let Mongryong out.

 

"Woof! Woof!"

 

Mongryong almost seems to roll out of the car and comes right up next to her legs where he sits, he's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter