Chapter 4

Play With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the morning of one of her days off, as promised, Jackson, Minkyu, and Kyungsoo go jogging together. Kyungsoo is a bit earlier than there set meet up time and she is the first one out there. Kyungsoo arrive at EXO'rDium's front gate where they agreed to meet up, but Minkyu and Jackson haven't shown up yet.

 

Jackson goes running with Jaebum before breakfast, before Jaebum goes to work, and then he goes back to more running train after a brief break. That's an athlete for you. Kyungsoo check the time on his wrist watch and It's about time for Minkyu and Jackson to come.

 

"Oh?"

 

Kyungsoo suddenly sense someone nearby and It's not Minkyu or Jackson, she feel someone looking at her from outside the gate but who is it? 

 

The suspicious person loitering around EXO'rDium before turned out to be one of the new residents, Chanyeol. But the person trying to peek inside of the apartment complex right now isn't the red-headed Chanyeol. It's an unfamiliar tall man dressed in all black. Where is he looking? Kyungsoo is stunned when she follow the direction of his gaze. The man hasn't noticed her just yet, she need to take this chance to go back inside and let everyone know. Just as she's about to go back inside, the man suddenly clicks his tongue and runs away. Did he notice me? But he didn't look my way.

 

A cheery voice calls out to Kyungsoo in her confusion.

 

"Good morning, Kyungsoo. You're early! More importantly, what did you talk about with Chanyeol after you left with him yesterday?"

 

"Minkyu! And Jackson! It's not the time to talk about that!"

 

The man suddenly ran off because he spotted Jackson and Minkyu coming this way. She must have been nervous, because the strength all but leaves her shoulders.

 

"Kyungsoo, did something happen? You're pale. You shouldn't go jogging if you don't feel well." Jackson ask in concern.

 

"I'm sorry. I'm not sick. A suspicious man was just peeking inside EXO'rDIUM!" Kyungsoo heaves a breath she don't know she's holding at the moment.

 

"A suspicious man? Again? Isn't that just Chanyeol?" Minkyu gape in shock.

 

"Oh yeah, the other day it was made clear that all the fuss over a suspicious person was his doing, but this doesn't seem like a joke about that." Jackson nod thoughtfully.

 

"Looks that way." Minkyu bit down at her lips nervously.

 

"He didn't seem like Chanyeol. It was an unfamiliar man wearing all black clothing but had the same height as Chanyeol thought." Kyungsoo carefully explain what she just saw to them.

 

"Meaning there wasn't just one suspicious person then." Minkyu frown.

 

"Is that what it means? This man seemed like he was looking around Mr. Jung's room too." Kyungsoo chew at her lips while nervously looking at the direction of the room in question.

 

"Mr. Jung is away, so we should let Jinsoo know. But this is worrisome..." Jackson says. They all frown and look at the currently vacant room worriedly.

 

 

 

~~*~~

They head toward the Central Park or also called Heaven, despite having lost interest in enjoying their jog. Kyungsoo wish jogging could have gotten rid of her heavy feeling, she guess it's not that easy. Jinsoo was away, so they planned to discuss it with him when he came back. Unable to enjoy the fresh air, there conversation keeps returning to the strange man from earlier.

 

"At any rate, who is it that keeps targeting Mr. Jung?" Minkyu whisper worriedly.

 

"You shouldn't make assumptions, Minkyu." Jackson shake his head disapprovingly.

 

"But he was looking at the window to Mr. Jung's room, right? He's too suspicious not to make assumptions." Minkyu whines.

 

"As long as I didn't see it wrong..." Kyungsoo whisper softly.

 

"I don't think you're mistaken. I mean, yeah, EXO'rDIUM is a gat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter