Chapter 1

Play With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is Kyungsoo's first day at her new work at EXOLuxion Laboratory.

 

Kyungsoo walks down stairs to eat before going to work, she poke her head into the apartment's cafe to check if someone is already in there and the person inside turns to look at her when they feels another presents inside, the guy with brown hair and dimple smile greeted her first before she can utter a word.

 

"Hi. Morning, Kyungsoo. Sleep well?"

 

"Y-Yixing oppa?! Why are you here?!"

 

"Why, you ask?"

 

Kyungsoo's doe-eyes go wide at his casual reply. She don't understand why her childhood friend, Zhang Yixing, is in there, because the last time she hear from him is that the older is currently at China and his working at the big famous laboratory there, so seeing him there is so surprising to her. Seeing the younger suprised reaction, the guy beside Yixing smiles.

 

"It probably would be best to give her an explanation before catching up, Yixing hyung."

 

"Yeah, looks that way."

 

They call her over to them and suggest her to sit at the counter with them, Kyungsoo hear Jinsoo's soft voice as soon as she take a sit.

 

"Good morning. What would you like to do about breakfast, Kyungsoo?"

 

Kyungsoo thoughtfully looks at Jinsoo while contemplating what to eat, she is starting working at EXOLuxion Laboratory, the job of her dreams, and she need to eat a proper breakfast for the upcoming long day ahead of her at work. 

 

"Yes, I'll have breakfast. Um, please give me the same as what Yixing oppa's having."

 

"Right away."

 

Kyungsoo thanked the older with a smile and watch Jinsoo walks away to work on her breakfast, then she looks at Yixing and the unfamiliar guy beside her friend with the same doubts she had earlier laced into her beautiful face.

 

"Yixing oppa, why are you here?"

 

"I've started working at the EXOLuxion Laboratory, just like you."

 

"What? You too, oppa?"

 

Kyungsoo blink curiously at the older and Yixing chuckled at the cute younger.

 

"Yes. I was invited to work at the laboratory as a veterinarian. I think it was about three days ago when I moved here."

 

"Is that so?"

 

"'Is that so?' You didn't hear you would be working with me?"

 

Yixing frown a little, Kyungsoo drums her fingers into the counter top and tilt her head at the side cutely. 

 

"I didn't. Did you know about me?"

 

"I heard from your dad."

 

Kyungsoo stop drumming her fingers and gape in surprised at the older.

 

"Really?! I wonder why he didn't say anything to me."

 

"Who knows? Oh, right, I need to introduce you." Yixing laugh and glances at the guy sitting quietly beside him. "This is Sehun. He's a researcher at the lab you work at. He's in charge of the leopards, so he'll be your direct coworker."

 

"I'm Oh Sehun. I read your thesis paper. Nice to meet you."

 

No smile passes his lips as Kyungsoo accept his handshake and introduce herself too.

 

"Thank you. I'm Do Kyungsoo. Nice to meet you too."

 

"It's your first day today, right?" Yixing say, breaking the sudden awkwardness surrounding them with a cheerful smile. "The three of us should go to work together."

 

"Yes, thanks, Yixing oppa."

 

Kyungsoo smile at Yixing and to her coworker, Sehun, feeling gratitude for Yixing's consideration while thoughfully thinking about her new coworker behavior. Kyungsoo knew Sehun isn't an overly friendly person just by her quick observation and Sehun is not like Yixing whom is to friendly with everyone and a very talkative one.

 

Kyungsoo is thankful for her childhood friend, who has always been there for her since they were a little, that she is able to begin her first day without any anxiety in the way.

 

 

~~*~~

Just as Yixing, Sehun, and Kyungsoo were heading to work, Yixing abruptly stops on the path to EXO'rDIUM's front gate with a deep frown marrying his handsome face.

 

"Oh? Who is that over there?"

 

"Hm? I don't know. Never seen them before."

 

Kyungsoo follow Yixing's lead and look in the same direction the duo is looking at and there she spot a vibrant red hair. A guy with red hair? Maybe he came to visit someone? Kyungsoo tilt her head curiously and watch the suspisious guy.

 

"Excuse me, what are you doing there?" Yixing cautiously calls out to the guy, who immediately turns and makes a run for it when he saw them. "Seemed like he was looking at that room, but whose room is it?"

 

Kyungsoo and Sehun look at the place Yixing is pointing when suddenly Minkyu and Jackson appear from the same direction Yixing was looking toward.

 

"Good morning. Headed to work now?" Jackson greeted with his famous chick smile flashed on his face.

 

"Morning. What's wrong, you guys?" Minkyu ask as she tilt her head and frown at them.

 

"A suspicious man with red hair just left." Yixing sigh, then he gesture back at the room his looking at just a minute ago. "He was looking at that room over there. Whose room is it?" 

 

"That would be Mr. Jung's room." Jackson nods at the direction of the room.

 

"Mr. Jung's?" Yixing looks thoughtfully back at the room then back at the duo with concern laced around his face. "We should let him know a suspicious man was loitering out front. Jinsoo hyung should know too."

 

"A suspicious person, huh?" Jackson brow furrowed in concern too. "That's worrisome."

 

"How scary. I hope it's nothing." Minkyu bit at her lips worriedly.

 

"Me too..." Kyungsoo nod distracted, she looks back at the spot they first saw the red haired guy and frown. But I wonder why I didn't get a bad vibe from him?

 

When Jackson hears that they were headed to work, he volunteer to inform Jinsoo about what happen for them and with that out of their hands, they head off to work with a relief sigh.

 

 

~~*~~

Despite the morning fuss over a suspicious person at the apartment, they switch into work mode the moment they arrive at the newly-equipped lab like a professional they are.

 

"It's a huge lab, so I'll show you around the facilities." Yixing grins cheerfully while waving at the huge building infront of them, then he turn to his friend beside him with an excited sparkly eyes. "Sehun, can I join you?"

 

"I don't mind, but what about your own duties?" Sehun narrow his eyes at his friend.

 

"I already took care of things." Yixing proudly say and he wrap his arm around the younger shoulder. "They'll call me if they need me, so don't worry to much, Sehunnie."

 

"Whatever." Sehun roll his eyes but didn't shake the older arm around him.

 

"You didn't have to do all that for me oppa." Kyungsoo shyly say.

 

"I want to do everything I can just for you, Soo yah~" 

 

Kyungsoo chew at her inner cheeks and nod silently at the latter because she can't say anything when the older is smiling at her like that.

 

"Okay then, let's start with the leopard area." Yixing beam, he unwrap his arm away from Sehun shoulder to take a hold of Kyungsoo's wrist and lead the way while guiding the younger by dragging her with him softly. "That's going to be your primary work place, Kyungsoo."

 

"Wait a moment, Zhang." As Yixing is about to lead the way with Kyungsoo at his side, Sehun suddenly calls him to stop. "I have something to stay and discuss. The two of you can go on ahead of me."

 

"Discuss with whom?"

 

Kyungsoo tilt her head at Sehun's remark and have to look around the area before she finally realize someone else is in there other than them. A young man with silver like white hair, handsome enough to draw the eye with his stunning pair of small sharp eyes, is standing there not so fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter