Dream of Me

La douleur exquise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: SaMo | Kleine–Levin syndrome (KLS) AU

 

“Do you know what day it is?”

It echoes in their small shared apartment. It bounces off their walls and resonates in that awful, horrible way; the kind that leaves a hollow feeling in one’s chest and Sana asks the same question every time. It doesn’t change and it feels like it’s become nothing but a habit to ask. Like this was something they’ve gotten used to – like this was something she; Momo has gotten used to and she’s not sure if that’s a good thing.

“Wednesday?” she guesses because it’s less depressing to answer the other way: I don’t know. She hears a chuckle and she blinks tiredly, her body still feeling heavy but she fights to look up at her; Sana.

She’s standing in the kitchen, her back turned to her but Momo can still see it; the little smirk that creases the corners of the older girl’s lips.

“Good guess.”

Momo snorts a little surprised herself but still relatively unimpressed. She soon lies back down though, her eyes threatening to close again. She’s still so tired and it’s frustrating because she knows she’s had enough sleep already (she doesn’t know how long but just knows it’s long) however, despite it, her brain’s too stupid to realize that.

Then, there’s a hand, grasping and wrapping their slim fingers around her wrist. It’s gentle and soft until that hand starts pulling and a voice echoes into her ears, firm and demanding; “No, no, come on, get up, you can’t go back to sleep.”

The hand still pulls and Momo pulls back. Her face contorting themselves into a frown and her body fights back, wishing Sana would stop pulling, it’s beginning to hurt.

“Get up, Momo.”

Momo feels it, the onslaught of growing irritation and anger at being forced to stay up. She doesn’t want to feel it, doesn’t want to be mad at Sana but she can’t help it and the more Sana keeps her up, the angrier she feels. It boils to a point where she can’t hold back and ends up hitting her hard, as much as her sleep-ridden body could muster.

Though, Sana is physically stronger, (when did that happen? H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter