Just Another Introduction Chapter. I Honestly don’t know where this is going. I’m just going with the flow on vague ideas.

Always read the fine print, when getting a cat.

A large crowd formed in the center of the room, it appeared to sway with the classical music the live orchestra played but Youngjae blamed that on his eyes playing tricks on him and maybe the wine he was sipping. The young ceo always hated going to these business parties since barely any ‘real’ company business happened. It was mostly high class gossip and flaunting one’s money, a waste of time in his opinion. Youngjae groaned internally when a woman approached him with her daughter in tow, another marriage proposal.

“Hello Mr.Yoo, how are you this evening?” The woman asked, she looked familiar but Youngjae couldn’t place his finger on it.

“I’m fine.” Youngjae replied, he really didn’t want to have this conversation.

“That’s good to hear.” The woman smiled then tugged her daughter forward to stand next to her. “I don’t know if you remember-”

“I do not, sorry.” Youngjae his heel and walked away without any hesitation.

“Man, that was cold.” Jaebum mused out loud.

“That was the fourth attempt for my hand this night.” Youngjae sighed, he was tired of old people trying to wed him with their children. “Why doesn’t anyone go for you?”

“Unlike you I’m in a relationship…” Jaebum trialed off. “Also my company isn’t on top of a mountain of gold like yours.” This caused Youngjae to snort, of course they’re only interested in his money. His family has been in the business game for a long time, Yoo Industries practically had a branch in everything. His predecessors liked to take high calculated risks no other company would even attempt, the small seedling had grown up into a massis tree rooted in a strong foundation and Youngjae was determined to keep it that way. Which was why he stayed away from all the parasitic marriage proposals. If it didn’t benefit him or the company then there was no point in hurmoring them.

“Speaking of relationships, how is Mr.FutureIm?” Youngjae asked, he was surprised that Jackson hadn’t accompany his fiancé.

“He’s fine, today is Mark’s birthday so he’s throwing him a party.” Jaebum smiled.

“Oh, bummer you have to miss it.” Youngjae patted his friend shoulder.

“Nah, Jackson’s parties always last until mid morning so I have time.” Jaebum shrugged then smirked. “I would invite you but sadly it’s full of couples.” Youngjae lightly elbowed his friend.

“.” The two of them snickered. “I would had have to pass anyways, I have two meeting tomorrow. Plus seeing happy couples that isn’t you and Jackson make me sick.” Youngjae gagged.

“Sounds like someone is jealous.” Jaebum wiggled his eyebrows. “Wait, why am I excluded?”

“Because no one can be envious of the shipwreck that is JaeSon.” Youngjae giggled as his friend punched his shoulder.

“Speaking of happy couples, has anyone caught your eye?” Jaebum askes with a tone between concern and curiosity.

“Kinda? Not really…” Youngjae mumbled. No one has perked his interest but something has been catching his attention a lot recently, specifically at these business parties. Adorn on the arms of the wealthiest businessmen and women were the rarest accessory money could buy, hybrids. Even the most ‘common’ house pet hybrids were well over a million dollars, exotic hybrids could range from five hundred million to over a billion dollars. Youngjae had personally never met any hybrids but he’s seen about six at these parties. Five were house pet hybrids, like cats and dogs but there was one exotic hybrid, a deer hybrid, who always stood next to his master’s seat and the poor buck blushed whenever he would catch him watching him. It was cute.

“So who is it?” Jaebum asked, causing Youngjae to rejoin the real world.

“Oh… I dunno, I was thinking about getting a… hybrid.” Youngjae whispered the last part, shifting nervously. He had never talked about his fascination to anyone before.

“Oh? Hmmm, that could work.” Jaebum his chin in thought. “But how do you find the right one?”

“What do you mean? There’s probably a website where you can buy them.” Youngjae stated in confusion.

“No I mean the right one for you. Those people bought hybrids to show off their wealth at parties, when they go home the hybrid is basically a glorified pet, house servant or sugar baby.” Jaebum gave him a pointed looked. “You on the other hand want a life partner, a lover, or whatever else you want to call it. It’s not like there’s a dating site for hybrids.” Jaebum finished his explanation and Youngjae was shocked his friend knew him so well, even though it shouldn’t be that surprising, they could read each other like an open book.

“I mean, based on what I’ve read, hybrids usually adjust to their owners and vise versa. You know like normal pets.” Youngjae shrugged. “Plus most places give out basic personality and temperament descriptions and even let you meet and socialize with said hybrid.”

“You’ve really looked into to this haven’t you?” Jaebum snickered.

“Of course! I can’t go into something blind.” Youngjae pouted, crossing his arms.

“Well, I wish you the best of luck on hybrid hunting. Jackson has sent me 109 messages and he’s probably about to call me for the 56 time so I should get going.” Jaebum patted Youngjae on the shoulder before walking towards the exit. Youngjae contemplated leaving as well but boldness crept into his bones. Out of all the people with hybrids, the two who looked close to their hybrids, were the deer owner and a man with two hybrids. Lucky for him the two were sitting together chatting. Youngjae approached the table but realized to late that he had no idea what to say or how to start a conversation.

“Well, well, well, look at what the cat dragged in.” The man said grinning more cat like than his cat hybrid. “What can we do for you Mr.Yoo?” He hummed, both of his hybrids sighed at their owner.

“Please ignore him, he’s had one to many drinks.” The ferret hybrid said, causing the man to pout.

“It’s alright, I can leave if I’m interrupting.” Youngjae gave them a polite smile.

“It’s fine, have a sit. It’s obvious you want to chat.” The other man said. Youngjae sat down and thought about what to say.

“I’m Jinhwan, the drunk-”

“Buzzed” The man interrupted.

“Right, the buzzed one is Zico.” Jinhwan said with a tight smile. “So what brings you over here?” He smirked and Youngjae felt like the man already knew.

“Not to be blunt but your hybrids did.” Youngjae chuckled nervously. Jinhwan laughed to himself, patting himself on the back for guessing correctly.

“I was wondering when you would make your way over here.” Jinhwan still had his proud smirk but something more dark hid behind his eyes. “Everyone comes over here with a price ready to go so what’s yours?” He rested his head on his palm and looked at Youngjae. Most would brush this off as nonchalant but Youngjae knew better, this man was irritated. Zico just quietly watched with an amused smile, he was obviously used to this common situation.

“I don’t think there’s any price that could ever sway you into selling your hybrid.” Youngjae started, he was proud that he didn’t stutter. “I was just wonder how you guys met your hybrids and why them, I guess?” Youngjae smiled gently, proud that he was able to catch both men off guard.

“Why would you want to know that?” Jinhwan asked, still suspicious of Youngjae’s intent.

“I’ve been considering getting a hybrid for a while and I think hearing someone else’s perspective could help me since I’m so new to hybrids.” Youngjae answered truthfully.

“Why us? There’s three other people here with hybrids.” Zico chimed in.

“You two look fond of your hybrids and vise versa. I don’t want a cute decoration for parties, I want a… a… You know.” Youngjae blushed and gestured vaguely towards them. Zico barked out a laugh while his hybrids cooed, Jinhwan finally relaxed and his hybrid giggled.

“Alright, so you want to know how we met?” Jinhwan asked, Youngjae nodded. “Well, I met Chanwoo a few years ago, I knew a guy who was in the hybrid bis and he offered me a discount. I said yes without getting any information and lucky me I got the perfect cutie. It took a while to get used to taking care of someone but I think I did a pretty good job.” Jinhwan grinned proudly.

“You burned down our kitchen the first time you tried to make dinner.” Chanwoo snickered, causing the others to laugh as well. Once they calmed down, it was Zico’s turn.

“Let’s see, where to start…” Zico trailed off in thought before snapping his fingers. “I know. So basically my dad didn’t agree with the whole hybrid thing, he was always saying stuff like ‘why would you spend money on something so useless.’ and ‘back in my day we got real pets, not freaks of nature.’ or ‘where do they even come from, I bet they’re some sort of science experiment gone wrong.’ et cetera, et cetera. When I went through my typical rebellious phase I ended up buying six hybrids and yes, I love them all very much. These two, Kyung” He pointed to the cat hybrid. “And Minhyuk” He pointed to the ferret hybrid. “Are the only ones who can ‘keep me under control’ AND tolerate being at these lame business parties.” Zico took a swig from his glass before scrunching his nose. “Which one of you switched my drink with water?”

“I did, you had enough.” Minhyuk said, ignoring Zico’s pout.

“Stop pouting and tell the story of how we met.” Kyung chriped.

“Whatever.” Zico grumbled. “Where was I? Oh, yeah. Kyung and I were childhood friends so when we became legal we just decided to sign the papers since we were already planning on staying together anyways. I found Minhyuk here in a pet shop believe it or not. He was working part time to put himself through college. I guess hybrids have this ‘ripe’ age between 18-25 where they are most likely to be bought or some and Minhyuk was like 2 years above that so he gave up and became a normal, productive, citizen. Until I showed up and knocked over one of the shelves but we’ve been together since then.” Zico grinned at the passing memory. “Good times, good times.”

“That’s amazing.” Youngjae said with awe. The others blushed slightly at the pure innocence radiation off the human. Cute, they all thought.

“Have you put in any thought about what type of hybrid you want?” Jinhwan asked.

“I was leaning towards a cat hybrid but if I can’t find one I’m not opposed to looking at other hybrids.” Youngjae answered. The young ceo didn’t have any friends growing up since he was too busy with his studies but there was a cat who would lounge in the garden every afternoon and would let Youngjae pet it. The meaningless action had meant a lot to the young boy and he loved cats ever since then. The cat was also the reason he met Jaebum during his college years, apparently the cat was Jaebum’s and he had been curious as to where it went every afternoon for the past 13 years.

“It’s always good to know what you want.” Zico nodded.

“It would be nice to see another cat hybrid around, Taekwoon isn’t much of a talker.” Kyung added.

“Thank you for all your help.” Youngjae smiled. “I should get going, I have a few meetings tomorrow.” Youngjae bidded everyone good night and left the table. He walked out into the chilly night and headed to his car.

“Did you have a good time?” Daehyun asked when Youngjae sat down in that back.

“Yeah, I met some new friends.” Youngjae smiled. “Thanks for picking me up, you’re the best.”

“I know.” Daehyun grinned before taking Youngjae home.