~~ VII ~~

Just A Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you going to the dance?” Namjoon asked once the lecture had finally come to an end, bringing Terra’s eyes towards himself as she gathered the rest of her belongings, knowing that soon she would have to smile and pretend that she was okay in the presence of Seo-Young.

“Of course” Terra raised her eyebrow in slight confusion, considering Namjoon knew that she went to the dance with Taehyung every year, they were the main attraction to get people to start dancing, considering neither one of them truly cared what anyone thought, and dancing beat being bored and looking around an empty dance floor.

“Oh, I just figured because Taehyung was going with Seo…” Namjoon whispered and regretted it the moment Terra’s eyes widened, and though she did a respectable job at recovering, it was obvious that she felt pain within her chest “that you can go with me this time instead?” Wait… did he just… Idiot.

“Yeah” Terra spoke with a smile that could have fooled anyone else, but Namjoon wasn’t buying it. He hadn’t any way of knowing that Taehyung didn’t tell her about the tickets, and now he was stuck with an awkward situation on his hands. “That would be nice actually, are you sure you don’t mind taking me?”

Did she say yes? Did she just agree to be his date to the dance? Namjoon never allowed his expectations to rise, because he couldn’t stand the settle fall of them when things didn’t turn out the right way. Never would he have believed that Terra would have accepted any offer that wasn’t presented by Kim Taehyung. “I’d be honored to take you” he admitted with a soft smile, thankful when her smile finally reached her eyes, and even more thankful that he had been the one to put it there.

Her smile didn’t last however, it faltered the moment they turned the corner and saw Seo and Taehyung whispering to one another, and Namjoon hated that Tae had such a power over Terra. It wasn’t fair, to watch her life drain from her face, to see the eyes that were so full of life deplete of it just as instantly. Perhaps he was jealous that Taehyung could destroy anything that Namjoon did, and the boy was completely oblivious to the girl who desperately chased him.

“Should we go another way?” Namjoon whispered, bringing staring eyes towards him instead.

“It’s fine” Terra spoke with confidence, yet Namjoon doubted that anything about this situation was fine, that she was truly alright. He understood how it felt to be apart of a one-sided love, he found himself within the situation every day that he was forced to watch the same situation when Taehyung would pick her up from class. Of course, Namjoon accepted that Terra belonged to him, but that was before he watched the life drain from her beautiful face. Before Taehyung had hurt someone precious to him. Before she accepted his offer to the dance.

“I forgot my books…” Namjoon lied with a sheepish smile, Terra’s eyes falling back towards him as she nodded and instead turned herself back towards the classroom, turning her attention away from the man who was hurting her, who didn’t deserve her attention.

The meeting went quickly despite how much work had been accomplished, the competition getting closer and closer, and victory was within their lane. This years seemed like the winning year for Seoul High, and it was proven further when they all went through the flash cards without missing a single question. There was a sense of accomplishment within the room, and Namjoon had to credit Terra for organizing everything and ensuring that every person studied the right subjects for themselves, all without jeopardizing their ability to learn new matters.

Namjoon had been offered the position upon his transfer towards the school, and though he didn’t know Terra at the time being, he felt awful taking away someone’s leading position. He had rejected it instantly and was thankful that he had for when he saw Terra in action, how precise her attention was to each student, Namjoon couldn’t help but to be in complete and u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter