~~ V ~~

Just A Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He hated it.

It wasn’t as though he didn’t find any interest in the female who stole his company for the night, nor was it that he didn’t find her beautiful, because he did, she just wasn’t the person who he was yearning for. No one was. No one except for Choi Terra, the girl who over looked the love he held within his heart, who didn’t notice how broken he was when he was texting her like a desperate fool. The girl who was inside the noodle shop!? When did she arrive there and why was she in such a rush to get away?

Standing himself up and following her out, he was stunned when a hand suddenly gripped his wrist, forcing him still in his pursuit, accusingly eyes falling towards Seo. “Are you leaving so suddenly?” She asked, and guilt rang through his heart, considering that he had invited her.

“I’ll be right back, please understand” Taehyung moved with a purpose into the cold rains, desperate to know why he was shunned from someone he had known for years. His heart needed an answer, but the answer he searched for was far worse than the rejection earlier. He found Terra wrapped in the arms of Kim Namjoon, his rival from the very beginning, and disappointment wasn’t enough of a word to describe the emotions that embraced him and clung, worse than the rains that were soaking his body.

Realization came into play before he stepped back into the noddle shop, that he was rejected because she was spending her new time with another man. It was proof enough that he was right in trying to move forward, but that didn’t mean that he was entirely ready for that harsh truth either. He felt more broken somehow, as though that little strand of hope he clung to had been washed away completely and invalidated from his system, leaving behind a very love sicken man. He had been replaced, so suddenly, without even a thought… How could he possibly hope to endure that? Didn’t Terra know that he was dying on the inside, seeing her with someone else. Was she not his best friend, the woman who could easily point out any flaw or perfection in which was Kim Taehyung?

“You look as though you’ve seen a ghost. Are you okay?” Seo’s voice echoed in his ear, and the warm hand on his forehead felt like a heated flame that burned to much, that was too strong to withstand.

“I’ll be okay” he lied, he wouldn’t be okay. Not for a long while, his eyes slowly drifting towards the phone within his denim jeans, noting that lack of notifications that claimed it, the emptiness being unbearable. “We should finish our meal” even though his appetite had vanished, and another hunger fueled his heart, a hunger that couldn’t be contained by any amount of food. A hunger that would eventually lead him into starvation.

~~~~~~~~~

“Are you alright?” Namjoon asked for the nth time during their walk home from the hospital, and once again Terra found herself nodding despite the brokenness that had consumed her, the exhaustion that plagued and robbed her of the youth she once carried. “You know, we can talk about it right? You can talk to me about anything…” He was prying, and she felt vulnerable before him, shivering from the damp clothes that claimed her skin.

“I just want to go home Namjoon” she spoke with what little strength she had left, and luckily for her it was enough to make the male nod and remain silent for the rest of their walk towards an empty house. “About what happened today at the doctors…” Terra spoke while walking up the porch steps, turning herself about to stare at the male who had her back for the day.

“My lips are sealed” she was thankful when hearing those words, and for the first time during such a horrible night, life illuminated onto her skin and a genuine smile crept across thin lips. “Are you sure you’re okay being alone?” He was only trying to care about her, and somehow that managed to numb the pain that once clung onto her.

“It’s just a cold Namjoon” Terra chuckled at his motherliness, rather surprised that such a huge dork could be such a caring gentleman. “Would it make you feel better if I called you?” She asked, trying to come up with a solution that would make his disappointment leave his face.

“Yes, actually that would make me feel better, thanks” Namjoon teased, and how Ter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter