~ Bonus Chapter ~

Just A Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re over protective with him” Namjoon spoke while watching Terra bite her lip in pure horror, her eyes watching Tae as he climbed the jungle Jim set, laughing and giggling with the several other kids within the area. “How is he ever going to become a man if you keep sheltering him?”

“I can’t help it… I’m afraid” Terra whispered softly, and silence loomed between the two, considering everything Terra had recently been through, Namjoon would have been terrified too.

“He’s getting so big” a female’s voice was heard through the park, a smiling Seo approaching the duo, alongside her husband whose smile could almost match the brightness of the smile she could no longer see, aside from her dreams. “It’s been a while…”

“Five years, three months, twenty days to be exact” Okay Terra still felt some kind of way whenever she would see Seo and Jin smiling happily at one another, but it wasn’t because she wasn’t happy for them, but because she was envious of their ability to hold one another. “Not like I was counting…”

“Terra…” Namjoon was the one who broke the awkward silence that surrounded them, bringing her eyes from the children towards himself, a deep sigh leaving her chapped lips.

“Sorry” she whispered softly, everyone nodding in complete understanding, for they had been there to witness the aftermath of Taehyung’s death. Terra looked so unhealthy after baring her child, evidence within her physical structure suggesting she wasn’t eating, the bags under her eyes suggesting she wasn’t sleeping. How could she? How could they blame her? It was obvious to everyone just how much those two meant to one another.

Yet Terra prospered through and found strength to survive, provided for her son alone while allowing him to grow and explore life. She never did look at anyone else, the closest anyone had gotten to her was Namjoon who often came over to do house chores and watch Tae while Terra went to work with her father. They weren’t intimate, but there was a connection between them that was filled with love and understanding, and it was enough to settle both hearts from the aches that plagued them. Namjoon was being looked at, and Terra was comforted with company.

“I still think you two would make a great couple” Jin spoke while glancing around the park, obviously avoiding brining the topic up in front of Terra, considering they all knew she would lose her strength and begin to cry again.

“We make a good team” Namjoon suggested instead.

“Have you tried to become more?” Jin was worried about his friend, knowing that things couldn’t be easy on him, watching the woman he loved, knowing she could never love him properly. It must have been painful.

“Maybe, one day in the future, she might be able to love again. I’m patient, I’ll wait for her to find me. I’m in no rush, nor should she be. I don’t want rebounded love” Namjoon explained, Jin nodding in complete understanding of the situation.

“Fake love” Jin produced the proper word, Namjoon nodding in agreeance to the definition. “Has she been doing better?”

“Honestly? No” Namjoon admitted “she doesn’t eat very much, and she works during days that meant something to them. She visits him every day with Tae and talks to him in her sleep. Sometimes, I honestly believe he’s there answering her. It’s horrible to watch…”

“How do you know he isn’t there? Maybe he is” Jin suggested, scratching the back of his neck in an awkward manner. “She has to be talking to someone if she’s having conversations…”

~~~~~~~~

“No, don’t say that…”

Namjoon knew he shouldn’t be listening into this private conversation, but he also couldn’t bring himself to walk away. He was worried about her, tonight she had been crying in her sleep and screaming opposed to the soft words of love and comfort. Tonight, she seemed to be having a nightmare and Namjoon couldn’t bare her hurting more than what she already was.

“I only love you Taehyung. Stop saying nonsense…”

It was odd, if Namjoon hadn’t witnessed her talking in her sleep on several occasions, he would have believed that she was awake and Taehyung was truly beside her. ‘How do you know he’s isn’t there. Maybe he is’ Jin’s words echoed through his mind, his eyes slowly scanning the sleeping beauty of his heart. Taehyung wasn’t there, he had left this world and left his lover to suffer. Namjoon hated Taehyung for making her cry so many times, for allowing her to become so desperate that she spoke to him in her dreams.

“I do love him, but not in the same way I love you… How do you expect that from me?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter