~~ XIV ~~

Just A Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Does it hurt?” Taehyung mumbled the words, awkwardly sitting in the chair that Jin once occupied, his hands falling within his lap and his fingers fidgeting with each other.

“Ye” Terra spoke softly “it hurts to much…”

“Should I call a nurse?” Taehyungs expression changed from lost to immediately alerted and concerned, Terra shaking her head to the question asked. “You need medicine” Taehyung whispered, almost angered that Terra rejected the help.

“Medicine won’t help it” Terra spoke, her eyes casting towards the empty television within the room “it can’t mend the wounds I have….” Taehyung stayed silent, not understanding what she had meant, for her wounds were all treatable, he read it on the chart that stood beside her bed.

“Terra…”

“Why!? Why would you do that!” Taehyung flinched, he parted his lips to speak but no answer would be enough to take back his actions, nor excuse them. He had to look away from her, from the tears that stained her beautiful pale face, from the sickly exhaustion that morphed her into something weak and fragile. “Promise me something…”

His eyes fluttered back towards her, determination written within his features, for he would meet any promise Terra asked of him. “What should I promise you?”

He was stocked when feeling her hand grab onto his own, interlacing their fingers and laying their palms flat against one another, her thumb his knuckles. He had forgotten just how much her touch made his heart race with life, how much he found comfort in such a small action.

“No matter what…” Terra breathed out, and Taehyung could feel her warm breath coating his knuckles before feeling her soft lips against them “be strong for me…”

“I promise” he didn’t have to think about the answer, he had promised it to himself. “Terra…” Taehyung whispered, watching carefully as her eyes drifted from his hand to meet his eyes. He felt a magnetic pull suddenly, drawing him to close what distance lingered between them, but just when his lips were about to meet with her own, she pulled away and looked elsewhere, leaving his body to shiver from the cold aftermath.

“We can’t…” Terra whispered, her fingers loosening from his grip and allowing his hand to fall into the nothingness that was under them, as though stealing his strength and bidding it farewell.

“Why not…?” Taehyung questioned, his chest tightening with a pain that felt worse than the previous night, forcing him to suffocate indifferently, with a burning yearn that would never be met.

“You’re no longer mine… I think you need to speak with Seo-Young…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“This will not bring you happiness” her father spoke out while composing the papers and pictures, changing the name on the medical file to match his daughters name. “Nor can you continue it… It will become obvious in time…”

“I just need it for a while” Seo answered without much thought, knowing that once the walls were broken, that it would be next to impossible to build them once again. “Taehyung loves me, he just needs reminded” Seo sounded sincere, so sincere that her father hadn’t a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter