~~ XII ~~

Just A Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘You’re selfish… Kim Taehyung’

Taehyung was devastated when realizing Terra didn’t make an appearance at the school, his nose and chest stuffed up from the cold that stole him the previous night. He could feel the sweat clinging to his forehead, knew that his fever had spiked, but Jin didn’t answer his calls and he had no way of knowing if Terra was safe. It didn’t help that the school hall ways were empty without her presence, leaving Taehyung further into the dark of her status.

No one had heard anything about the event, and the only male who knew of it wasn’t within the halls either. Jin must have still been beside Terra, the person Jin saved when Taehyung had slayed her selfishly and without remorse. ‘You don’t deserve her’ Jins words echoed through his scattered brain, and though he hated to admit it, the older male was right. Taehyung would be selfish to continue to harm the person he loved.

“Oppa, you didn’t call me” Seo’s voice pulled for his attention, and though his eyes casted within her direction, he could only see a large mistake standing in front of him. “Are you alright, you look ill” her voice was laced with concern, but Taehyung almost all but forgotten that he felt so sick and exhausted.

“Ye” he answered automatically, for he didn’t wish to explain how truly sick to the stomach he felt, how truly devastated his world became within the last forty-eight hours of his life. “I’m sorry, it was a mistake” Taehyung spoke the harsh words again, but they needed to be stated, stringing someone along was wrong.

“It’s alright, you can call me tonight instead” Seo mistook his words and anger boiled through his veins, yet he knew that it wasn’t her fault. Seo-Young wasn’t the person who deserved the blame of what was happening.

“We can’t see each other anymore…” Taehyung clarified his emotions, his thoughts and intentions “I won’t be calling you.”

“You used me?” Seo whispered, her eyes growing wide while her arms wrapped around her body, clearly feeling used and vulnerable, and Taehyung hated it. “H..Why… How could you?” Seo spat out the words, and several eyes casted within their direction, Taehyung’s eyes quick to fall towards the floor.

“I’m in love with someone. I don’t wish to hurt you” Taehyung admitted it, and though he doubted that he could ever be beside the woman he loved, he knew that he couldn’t be beside someone he didn’t.

“You already did!” Seo yelled at him, forcing his body to flinch at the sudden pain and anger that cluttered the halls, ignoring the whispering fleets that were beginning to surround them.

~~~~~~~~~~

Three days had passed, three long sleepless nights and days, and still the halls were empty of Choi Terra and her beautiful smile, days slowly turning into a long week. Namjoon had noticed and began asking around, and even Jin made his appearance back, but anytime Taehyung tried to approach the male, he would be rejected. He couldn’t find his answers, and so he went to Namjoon instead, the male who was mutual in everything within the situation, hoping he’d get at least a sign that Terra had survived what Taehyung had created.

“Jin said she was in the hospital. I’m going to visit today if you wanted to come?” Namjoon offered and for the first time since that horrible night, Taehyung could almost see a ray of sunshine clearing his path.

They arrived at the least crowded hospital in the city, one of the most expensive places a person could come too, allowing those with money and fame privacy while still receiving promising care. “Kim Namjoon” the receptionist spoke the name, her eyes scanning the sheets before nodding in approval “Kim Taehyung…”

Taehyung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter