HOME

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana kept on glancing on her side. She's worried about Dahyun. Ever since she entered her car, she's been holding back her tears

Even if Dahyun tries to hide her tears to Sana, she's been unsuccessful. Everything is just too painful to handle.

Dahyun rested her head on the car window, trying to clear up her mind with any thoughts related to Daniel.

"We're here," Sana announced.

Dahyun glanced outside. She wiped her face with her hands and comes out of the car. "You live alone?" she asked her.

Sana nodded. "My parents lives in Japan," she replied.

Dahyun heard the slightly sad tone of Sana's voice when she said that. She must've missed them a lot, she thought. But at least her parents are still alive, unlike me.

"But I'm fine! I'm used to being alone," Sana told her with a cute smile on her face. She linked arms with Dahyun, "But today, I don't feel like being alone. You're gonna stay with me, is that okay with you?" she offered.

Dahyun nodded and faintly smiled.

---

"You really don't need to cook, Sana," Dahyun worriedly stared at the messy kitchen.

Sana had been attempting to perfectly cook a spaghetti for Dahyun, to serve as their dinner. And this is like the 3rd time she failed.

At her first attempt, Sana put lots of salt on the sauce.

Second attempt, she overcooked the pasta.

Third attempt, she forgot to put salt, instead she put lots of sugar.

"Instant ramen will do," Dahyun told her.

"Just give me one more chance, okay? I'm just too distracted at something," Sana reasoned out, hoping Dahyun will buy it. "Why don't you shower first, hmm?" she sheepishly smiled at her, pushing her inside her room. "Feel free to use any of my clothes. I'll call you when the food is ready!" then she shut down the door, leaving a dumbfounded Dahyun.

Dahyun sighed and scanned the room. It's neat and too girly. There are lots of pictures pasted on the wall. She looked at them very closely and her eyes widened when she saw that very familiar face.

"I didn't know they are this close. And woah, they attended the same school? But Sana is already working, while he..." she mumbled. "Okay, Dahyun. Stop meddling with other people's business. Mind your own," she told herself, but deep inside she's really curious about Sana's relationship with him.

She opened Sana's wardrobe and saw lots of clothes, mostly branded. She stared at them in awe. "I can't even afford to buy these all!" she said. "Her clothes are too girly. Definitely not my style. Is there anything in here that's suit my style?" Then she saw a very familiar sweatshirt. She carefully pulled it. "Wait, I remember this sweatshirt. Isn't this what... Waaah, something's really fishy in here," she smirked and put the sweatshirt back. She finally saw a more comfortable clothes to wear, plain white shirt and jogging pants. "Okay, this will do," she smiled at herself, then move ahead to Sana's bathroom.

---

"What are you doing here?!" Sana asked in pure shock.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Minhyun ignored her question and pushed himself inside her apartment. "Are you trying to burn this apartment or what? Geez." He turned off the stove and hurriedly put the burned food on the sink, pouring water on it. He waved his hand in the air. Sana's kitchen is full of smoke. "Didn't I tell you not to cook? What if I didn't come?" he continously nagged at Sana.

Sana rolled her eyes at him. "You're overreacting, Minhyun. I was about to turn off the stove but you keep on pushing the doorbell! It's irritating me!" Sana yelled at him. "Don't you have a duplicate key of my apartment?"

"I saw the lights are open. Why should I bother getting the key at my car?" Minhyun retorted back. "What are you even trying to cook?" he asked.

"Spaghetti," she answered.

"For what? Are there any occasions?" he asked.

"I need to cheer up a friend of mine. And the best way to do that is to cook her a delicious meal," she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter