ATTENTION

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as the bell rang, Dahyun hurriedly rushed out of the classroom. She heard Jihoon called out for her, but she chose to ignore him.

She doesn't know where she's heading to, but she knows that she's looking for that one person.

Minhyun.

She admits that she's also mad at him for hiding the truth from her, but if there's anyone who will listen to her and will give her the best advise, it's no other than Minhyun.

"He's not here."

Dahyun gasped. She turned around and saw Jinyoung.

He approached her.

"You're looking for Minhyun hyung, right? He's not around," he said, his face is expressionless.

How did he know? Is she that obvious?

"I know you so well, noona. In fact, Wanna One know you so well," Jinyoung said, like he just read Dahyun's mind.

"But I don't know Wanna One that well," Dahyun bitterly answered.

"But that doesn't mean that you're not important to us," he said. "Yes, we hide the truth from you. You feel betrayed? We feel guilty. You were hurt? We're all hurt for what we did too."

"Jinyoung --"

"On behalf of my friends whom I treated as brothers, I'd like to apologize for what we did," he bowed down, closing his eyes.

"Jinyoung," she called him. But he didn't raise his head up. Dahyun sighed. "Jinyoung, please. Look at me."

"I can't stand seeing your hurt face," he said. "I feel guilty, noona." He started tearing up.

Dahyun rushed up to hug him tight. "Hey, don't cry," she's tearing up too. "Please, stop crying," she cooed.

"He tried to tell you the truth. He really did," Jinyoung cried on her arms.

Dahyun doesn't need to ask who is he referring to because she already know.

"I'm... I'm still trying to feel okay, Jinyoung. Maybe sooner or later, when I'm okay, I will hear Daniel out... When my heart is ready, I won't hesitate to hear everything he will say..." she said honestly.

---

"Mr. Hwang, don't you have any classes today?" Sana asked, giving him a worried look.

She stared at the empty bottles of soju at the table.

She was surprised to receive a series of text messages from Minhyun this morning, asking her where she is and that he needs her to accompany him somewhere.

She's not expecting that they will go in this place and have a very early drinking session.

"Stop calling me that," Minhyun slurred. "It's annoying."

Sana gave him a confused look. "What? Mr. Hwang?"

"I said stop calling me that!" his voice slightly raised. He gulped another glass of soju. "Aren't we childhood friends? Call me Minhyun-ahhhhh..."

"You're my boss," she said seriously.

He rolled his eyes at her.

"Enough drinking," she put away the bottles of soju, out of Minhyun's reach. "I'll take you home."

"I don't wanna go home..." he whined. "I want to stay here... with you."

"What?" Sana's eyes widened a bit. She cleared . "Mr. Hwang, you're drunk. I'll take you home."

"Sana... I need you to stay here with me... I need someone to talk to," he pleaded. "Two of my friends... They're not okay... And I think it's my fault."

Her brows creased. "Why is it your fault?" she asked.

"Because I didn't figure everything out soon!" he slurred, pouring himself a drink when he successfully take one soju bottle.

"What do you mean? And who are these friends you're referring to?" Sana asked.

"Dahyun..."

"What?! What happened to Dahyun?!" she asked, sounding hysterical.

Minhyun stared at her in disbelief. "Yah, why do you sound more concern to her than to me?!"<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter