SPACE

Too Little Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun wakes up with extreme headache and puffy eyes. She cried too much last night until she falls asleep. She thought that whe she wakes up, the pain will be gone. But it doesn't. It still hurts. Reality hits her really painfully. How she wished that she didn't woke up that soon but she needs to go to school today.

If there is one thing she can't missed, it's her classes. Right after she was saved by Daniel from being abused by her uncle and cousins, she made a plan for her future. She cannot just depend on Daniel and the rest of Wanna One. She knows that time will come she will need to do things on her own, that not all the time Daniel will be there with her, that someday she will be alone. That's why without his knowing, Dahyun applies for a special scholarship wherein if she passed all of her subjects, she will be obliged to study abroad with the help of her school as the main sponsor. She never share this to anyone. The truth is, she's still thinking about whether to grab that wonderful opportunity or not. Wanna One and Daniel are her main reasons why she's hesitating to study college abroad. But after what they did to her, Dahyun finally made a conclusion to pursue that plan to go and leave without a word.

She feels sad and alone.

The last time she feels this way was when her parents died. It was the most painful thing she had ever felt. To be left alone, to be an outcast, to be left behind.

But right now, right after what happened last night, she thinks that the most painful thing in the world is not being alone. But being betrayed by the people you love.

She curled on the bed. Again, she feels it. The pain. It's slowly creeping up inside her body, making her feel weak and worn out.

A soft knock on the door distracts her a bit from her emotional breakdown. She slowly turns her body to face the door and saw Jihoon peaking his head on the half opened door. "Good morning. Did I wake you?" he shyly asks.

Dahyun sits up and shakes her head, "No, I'm already awake before you even knocked."

Jihoon fully enters the room. His happy expression changed when he saw Dahyun's puffy eyes. She looks emotionally wrecked. He sighs and sits on the bed. "You cried so hard, huh?" he said. He feels mad because even though his room is just right beside hers, he didn't even heard her sobs. She must've did her best to hide her sobs for him not to hear it so he won't get worried. He saw her lower lip was a bit swollen too, which clearly explains why he didn't hear her cries. Dahyun bit her lip to suppress her sobs last night so Jihoon won't hear her.

"What are you saying? I didn't cry. My eyes are just really like this..." Dahyun lied, but she knows that Jihoon will not believe her. She bites her lip and gasps in pain. She must've bit her lip a bit too hard last night.

Just then, she felt something warm on her lip. Her eyes widened when she saw Jihoon gently placing his thumb on her lower lip, gently caressing it.

"Why do you need to suppress your sobs and hurt yourself? I'd rather heard you cry than for you to torture yourself like this even though it hurts me," he said, looking really worried. Then his hand moved to her cheek, caressing the dark circle under her eye. "If you need a shoulder to cry on, you can always call me, you know," he said. Then he stuck a few strands of hair behind her ear. "I don't want you to think that you're alone. Because you're not. You have me, Dahyun. I'm here," he declared.

"Why are you so good to me?" she can't help but asked, her voice is stuttering a bit.

Because I love you, Jihoon wanted to say, but he's not that selfish to take advantage of this moment wherein Dahyun is weak and not okay. He wanted to say those three words when she's already feeling okay, not like this. So instead, he replied, "Because you're the only one who never hesitates to believe me when my friends turn their backs on me, even if you just barely know me."

---

If there is one thing Daniel looks forward the most, it's w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter