Day Three

Daddy Duties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Hayi always tells her husband that they should always start their week right. And what she meant by that is the kids shouldn’t start a tantrum on Monday because for no apparent reason, the whole week would be filled with nerve-wracking cries and grumpiness. Yeah, Kim Jiwon knew it but he didn’t know how to stop the raging tantrum Kim Jieun was currently throwing.

 

There his daughter was, sitting on the center of her bed, wrapped in a fluffy pink towel, fresh from bath, her hair still dripping, crying her eyes out, repeatedly asking for her mother. Joongi was in his crib, softly crying, hugging his Tigger plushie, watching his noona cry.

 

“Come on, baby. Stop crying please,” Bobby said, sitting on the bed’s edge, trying to calm Jieun down. Jieun just sobbed louder, pushing her father away.

 

"I want omma," Jieun cried, hugging her little arms around her. Bobby sighed, approaching the crib and gathering Joongi on his arms. His youngest automatically embraced his father by the neck. 

 

"I know. But for now, can we stop crying? Joongi is also crying because you're crying, Jieun-ah," Bobby explained, Jieun's small teary eyes looking up at him. 

 

"Omma," she whispered, shaking her head no. Bobby sighed, not knowing what to do. He clearly needed help. Jieun and Mondays really didn't mix well but Hayi often knew the trick. He should have asked his wife last night on the phone. He forgot how cranky and stubborn Kim Jieun can be on Monday mornings. It's a struggle just waking her up. Bobby actually thought that today would be fine. Jieun didn't even complained as Bobby helped Jieun take a bath. But when they finished and Bobby was grabbing Jieun's kindergarten uniform, that's when the tantrum started. She wanted Hayi to be the one who helped her in putting her uniform. 

 

"You're gonna catch a cold. Come on," Bobby said, motioning at Jieun's uniform but she just shook her head again, sobbing quietly, thankfully. Maybe he should call Jennie, Bobby thought but then again, he shouldn't disturb the other Kims and their alone time.

 

“Yah Kim Jieun!”

 

They all turned and saw Kim Haneul, freshly showered, buttoning his shirt. He was now wearing his school uniform, standing by the doorway frowning at the scene in front of him, his hair dyed back to black (because they now Hayi would be angry if she came back and Haneul’s hair was still light green). Bobby frowned at his eldest, noticing how Jieun’s eyes turned even more watery and she even visibly flinched upon hearing her brother’s raised voice.

 

“Why are you ?” Haneul asked, his brows also furrowing as he approached them.

 

“Oppa, I want omma,” Jieun whispered, her voice already hoarse from crying. Well, she’s been crying for almost 15 minutes already, give or take.

 

“Yeah, well, I want omma to be here, too, right now,” Haneul answered, shrugging his shoulders and grinning at his father. “No offense, appa,” he added making Bobby smirked. “Eun-ah, come on, put those uniforms on. You know how oppa felt about these. You’re embarrassing me.”

 

“Yup, put these on before Haneul start screaming again,” Bobby playfully said earning a protest from Haneul. They stopped when they heard a giggle from Jieun, making Haneul and Bobby smiled.

 

“You’re laughing! Yah! How could you?!” Haneul pretended as if he was really hurt. Bobby laughed, joining his daughter and even Joongi stopped crying, too. Bobby let Joongi sat beside Jieun, seeing the perfect opportunity.

 

“Okay, Jieun’s gonna wear her cute uniform now,” Bobby cutely said, Haneul cringing at his father’s aegyo meanwhile the two younger ones just laughed. Thankfully, Jieun finally let her father dress her up. Bobby sighed when Jieun was fully clothed and he was now combing her short hair. “Mission accomplished,” he whispered, wiping the sweats forming on his forehead using his arms.

 

“Wow, uri Eun-ah is so pretty, right, Joongi-yah?” Haneul exagerratedly exclaimed, grabbing Joongi who was giggling, making Jieun laughed. 

 

“Of course, my baby is the prettiest of all,” Bobby answered, patting Jieun’s head. “Now I’m just gonna quickly washed then we’ll go to your Uncle Yunhyeong for breakfast,” he added, swiftly running towards their master’s bedroom. But he stopped on his track as he was closing the door on the kids’ room, hearing Haneul’s voice.

 

“Eun-ah, remember omma said that you’re the one who would look out for us boys? How would you do that when you’re crying?”

 

“Mianhe, oppa,” Jieun said and Bobby rolled his eyes upon hearing the tremble on Jieun’s voice. Haneul would make her cry again. He was still contemplating whether to go back inside or not when he heard Haneul’s voice again.

 

“Appa is doing his best for us, Eun-ah. He’s working day and night on Mapogu for us to have a comfortable life. I don’t think he deserved this stress from taking care of us. And omma, too. They both deserve to be happy and not stressed.”

 

“You’re not stressing me, or your omma, buddy,” Bobby said, leaning on the doorframe, smiling at his kids. “You guys are the best gifts Hayi and I ever received in this life. That’s why we’re doing everything for you,” he added, walking towards Jieun who was now standing by her bed. He kneeled to be in level with his daughter.

 

“Appa and omma loves you so much, even if you’re having Monday blues, Jieun-ah, or even though your Haneul-oppa is a crybaby sometimes and Joongi loved his plush

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter