The loss

BEAUTIFUL SHOW IN LONDON

Gikwang’s pov

“Daddy?” she whispered. I looked at the old man in front of our door. His eyes never left Melina’s eyes. I could see the love and somehow anger on his face which I couldn’t really read. I am too shocked just like everyone else here. What do I do? Do I say hi or what? Melina runs towards him and hugs him tightly while crying. Her dad’s yes are getting watery too. I wonder why he came after all this time. I feel a bit angry at how they just left Melissa alone and never cared to call even once.

“Melina I’m sorry baby, I’m so sorry…” he says with a shaky voice and I get an uncomfortable feeling inside me. Something is wrong, I can tell. I go close to them my eyes never leaving Melina’s face.

“Daddy what’s wrong? It’s all going to be alright, you are here now. Where is mummy? Is she in London? Why didn’t she come with you?” She asks him. That’s when I realise something bad is going to come out from his lips. So I go next to Melina and put my hand on her shoulder. Her dad just looks at me with cold eyes. He looks down.

“Your mum is gone baby. She is in heaven now. I’m so sorry”

No this isn’t happening. What am I supposed to do? How can she handle this? .

She drops but I catch her quickly.” Melina, baby can you hear me? Melina, open your eyes come on. ANSWER ME PLEASE” I scream and start crying, scared as hell. I know there is no way she can handle this pain. Her mum has died and she hasn’t even seen her all this time.

Melina’s dad’s pov

I watch him carry her to the couch. The way he is crying while looking at her. The look in his eyes. I can see the love. But how can accept him when he is the reason why Melina and her mum separated and why she was so sad and died. There is no way I can accept them.

“Move your hands off from my daughter now! Don’t you dare touch her!” I cream and he turns to me with angry face while tears in his eyes are falling down. He looks deep in my eyes for a second before starts speaking.

“Your daughter? The same daughter you haven’t contacted to see if she was still alive or not for the last 2 years? The same daughter you didn’t care about just because she came after the person she loved? What daughter are you talking about?” he says and it makes me angry.

“Who are you to talk to me like that? I care about my daughter more than anyone else. She is the one who left us so she could be with someone like you huh!”

“DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH SHE MISSES HER FAMILY?  SHE WAS CRYING SECRETLY WHILE SLEEPING SO THAT NO ONE COULD HEAR! SHE WOULD TALK IN HER DREAMS CALLING FOR HER DAD AND MUM WHILE STILL CRYING! I COULD SEE THE PAIN IN HER EYES WHILE WATCHING OTHER DAUGHTERS WITH THEIR FAMILY WALKING HAPPILY BUT I WOULDN’T EVEN SAY ANYTHING SO SHE WOULDN’T BE ANY SADDER! SO HOW DARE YOU SAY YOU CARE ABOUT HER! IF YOU REALLY CARED INSTEAD OF TELLING HER NEVER TO COME BACK, YOU WOULD’VE SUPPORTED HER AS A REAL FATHER, AS A REAL MAN! ” he screams which takes me by surprise.

“ GIKWANGAHHHHHH!!!!! HAVE SOME MANNERS! “Screams one of the guys in the room.

“ Its ok, he is right, I should’ve told her I support her in whatever she is doing and maybe her mother would have been alive now.” I say while looking down on Melina. She opens her eyes looking at me coldly.

“Can you please leave now? “she asks. And I walk out without even saying a word. Gikwang runs after me.

“Sir I’m sorry about my behaviour I was just really angry and didn’t know how to express my feelings otherwise I would never be that rude to my elders. Please forgive me.” he says while bowing down.

“Do not worry son, I deserved that much. I can see how much you care about my daughter. Do you love her?” I ask and he looks down shyly.

“Love isn’t the word to describe this happiness inside my heart sir. Your daughter is the reason for me to find the other side of life and happiness and I promise you I will take care of her and love her whether you accept us or not” he says and looks into my eyes. I sigh and nod.

“As a father I am asking you to take care of her no matter what because she is going to need you the most now and I only have her as a family. I don’t know how she is going to handle this pain. Take this card, my number is written on it. If anything you need or want to ask please contact me and tell me how Melina is doing because I know she wouldn’t want to see me anymore.” I say and he nods and I leave.

Melina’s pov

I need to get out of here now. I don’t give a damn about anyone anymore. I need to overcome this pain and be strong. I need to act as if I don’t feel so I no longer feel pain. Everyone is to blame. Gikwang, my dad, his fans, his fame, my dad’s stubbornness, this stupid house, London…I hate everything. Everyone is responsible for my mum’s….I can’t even bring myself to admit it. No she is still in London waiting for me to go back.

“ Melina baby how are you feeling? Let’s go take a walk outside” says Gikwang walking in and I look at him. How much I want to sleep in his arms safely right now but NO! Like everyone else he is responsible too. I hate everyone and everything.

“ No stay away from me, I need to get out of here now, don’t follow me, and all of you don’t you dare come after me” I say while they are all looking at me worried. I get up and walk towards the door and Gikwang holds my arm not letting me move.

“ LET ME GO! DON’T TOUCH ME!” I scream but he doesn’t let it go. Instead he turns me around and hugs me tightly. I hit his back trying to escape from his strong arms but knowing there is no way I can escape. So without even realising I break down in tears.

“ WHY DID SHE HAVE TO LEAVE ME LIKE THIS? I DON’T HAVE A MUM ANYMORE! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS? MY MUM IS GONE FOREVER! WHO ELSE AM I GONNA TALK TO? SHE IS GONE AND I COULDN’T EVEN SAY GOODBYE TO HER!”

“ Cry it all out baby, I am here and I am not letting you go anywhere”…

Yoseob’s pov

I have never felt or seen such a pain before. Melina’s pain is felt by each member in here right now. My tears are falling down without my control. She keeps screaming and crying while Gikwang is holding her tightly. We are just watching her shocked.

“ MUMMY PLEASE DON’T LEAVE ME ALONE IN THIS BAD WORLD! PLEASE COME BACK AND SAY IT WAS ALL JUST A JOKE. PLEASE COME TO MY SIDE. I NEED YOU MORE THAN EVER MUM. I NEED YOU PLEASE COME!” she keeps screaming and I look around to find all of the members are crying too. I walk towards her and put my arms around Gikwang and her. All the members do the same. We all embrace her.

“ Melina we are your family. You are not alone.” I say to her.

“ You are part of our family and I am your older brother, don’t feel alone” says Doojoon.

“ Melina, we are all here as brothers to you so don’t you dare say you are alone!” says Junhyung and Melina looks up at each one of us.

“ Thank you. Please forgive me for being too rude. I don’t know how I am going to handle this loss but please support me so I can be alright. Gikwang I’m sorry for all that I said.” She says and Gikwang looks at her with red eyes from crying.

“ You are my life now and I will take care of you no matter what. I love you baby” he says and hugs her tightly.