Starting the Search and the Confusion

B.A.P at Hogwarts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day Jongup and I were in Charms class with Professor Flitwick. Halfway through the class, Flitwick asked Jongup what the Alohomora spell does. When Jongup hesitated, I looked over at him and he looked completely lost. “Alohomora is the spell that unlocks locks.” I said.

“Correct Mr. Choi. Mr. Moon, pay more attention.”

“Yes sir.” Jongup said quietly.

After class, I had to ask Jongup why he was so distracted. He's never like that, and if he does seem like he's not paying attention, it's because he learned this information already and can answer any question thrown at him. This was very different.

“Last night, after Daehyun, Youngjae and Gabi were teasing me, I went to the common room to study. Sujin saw me and offered to help with something we learned in Charms class, the petrifying charm. And she said she liked me…” Jongup's voice trailed off as the tips of his ears turned red.

“That's it?” I asked. If you had spent any time with Jongup and Sujin, you could tell they were both interested in each other.

“I think she was joking though. There's no way…” Jongup's voice trailed off again.

I rolled my eyes, how dense could he be? “Did you ever find her and cast the spell on her?” I asked.

Jongup shook his head.

“Well,” I said, changing the subject, “Sam and Sofi are going to help me and Yongguk find who tampered with my cauldron.” Jongup snapped out of his trance.

“Oh so we're going on a witch or wizard hunt?” Jongup asked.

I groaned at his attempt at a pun. “Yeah, we think it's someone in Gryffindor. If you want to help, you can keep an ear out for any Gryffindors who seem suspicious.”

Jongup nodded. “Of course I'll help. If they were willing to blow up potions class, who knows what they'll try to do next.”

 

After chatting with Jongup, I went to go meet up with Janina for more tutoring. I noticed she had started to get better in flying class, she was less afraid of falling off the broom, and it didn't try to hit her in the face anymore. My abilities in potions class had only slightly improved since Janina started helping me.

“It's so complicated, you have to add the ingredients in a specific order, stir the cauldron a specific way, a certain number of times.” I ran my fingers through my hair, frustrated at how complicated brewing potions was. “And,” I continued, “Snape still keeps a close eye on me because he thinks I'm going to blow up the classroom again.”

Janina giggled. “Can you blame him? All he has is Potions Class. If it got blown up, he wouldn't have anything to do except keep a close eye on students. Closer than Filch.”

“That's true.” I said. “I just hope Snape can see I'm getting better, and I'm really not trying to cause trouble.”

“I'm sure he will!” Janina said with a soft expression in her eyes. She put her hand on my shoulder to reassure me. “You just need to remember the order of the ingredients.” She smiled. Janina is very good at comforting you when you need to be reassured. She can make you feel much better, it's a quality that's really helpful. Especially when you nearly blew up a class.

“You've gotten much better at flying!” I smiled. “I'm proud of you, and I think Madam Hootch is too.”

A big grin appeared on her face again, “Thank you! You've helped me so much, I couldn't have gotten this far without you.”

 

When Janina and I were done tutoring, I met up with the guys. It had been a couple days since we all hung out, and I couldn't resist telling them about Jongup and Sujin.

Jongup was the last one in the group to come find us and sit down. He still looked dazed and confused. “Guys.” I said, grinning wide. “Guess what happened with this guy last night.” I put my hand on Jongup's shoulder and shook him slightly, knowing he was still in another world right now.

Everyone had a surprised look. “Something with Sujin?” Himchan asked. Jongup recounted the story again, saying he still doesn't think it was real and he must have fallen asleep, or imagined it, or something.

“Not possible.” Youngjae quickly replied. “You don't imagine anything when you're petrified. All you can do is watch what happened.” Youngjae had a small grin after debunking Jongup's doubts.

“I don't know what's going on.” Jongup said in a small voice. “But it feels like I keep seeing something out of the corner of my eye.”

Himchan focused on Jongup. “That can be a side effect of the spell if it isn't properly cast.”

I couldn't help but shake my head. “Sujin is one of the best charms student in our

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter