Off the Train and To Hogwarts

B.A.P at Hogwarts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          I woke up both nervous and excited. My acceptance letter from Hogwarts had come a few weeks earlier, and I could not have been more excited. I would finally learn how to be a wizard. The only bad part was leaving my family at platform 9 ¾, their eyes filled to the brim with tears, knowing I would be gone until the Christmas break.

          Once I said my goodbyes and got onto the train, I quickly found a place to sit down. Another boy my age was sitting on one of the benches. “Is it okay if I sit down here with you?” I asked.

          He looked up and started nodding with a small smile. “What’s your name?” he asked.

          “Choi Junhong. What’s yours?”

          “Moon Jongup. It’s nice to meet you!” The sudden jolt of the train starting to move made me stumble. Jongup motioned for me to sit, and I scrambled to sit down on the bench so I wouldn’t fall over. “Are you excited to go to Hogwarts?” I asked.

          “I’m really excited, it’s gonna be so much fun!” Jongup beamed. “Do you have any siblings in Hogwarts?”

          “No, my family is just me, my parents and our dog Mochi.” I replied. I loved my little family, and Mochi was treated more like a human than a dog.

          “I have two older brothers at Hogwarts, but I don’t think they’ll be much help…” His voice trailed off as he looked out the window. “Why’s that?” I asked.

          “My oldest brother is a 7th year, Jonghyun, he’s a Slytherin. If you met him, it would make sense, he’s so cunning and ambitious, he’s worked so hard year after year in Hogwarts and he’s one of the best in Slytherin. Maybe even in all of Hogwarts. My other brother is a 4th year, Jonghwan, and in Hufflepuff. He’s hardworking and dedicated, but he’s much softer than Jonghyun. I don’t even know what house I would be sorted into, and I doubt they would want to help their youngest brother, especially if I’m not in the same house as either of them.” Jongup seemed melancholic as he continued looking at the passing scenery. Suddenly, a black mass jumped on Jongup from under his seat. I realized it was his cat; it was an all black cat and it started rubbing against his arm and hand, seemingly knowing Jongup was not happy and coming to comfort his master. Jongup looked down at the cat with a warm smile while scratching its head.

          “This is my cat Midnight by the way. She's a sweet girl." His hand moved to scratch under her chin, and Midnight raising her head higher to allow Jongup to continue. It was then I realized the cat’s eyes; they were two different colors. The left one was blue, while the right one was a golden kind of color. Midnight curled up against Jongup’s lap and closed her eyes, flicking her tail contently.

          “I don't know what house I'll be in Junhong, but I think we should stick together, no matter what houses we're in.” Jongup looked back to smile at me and I nodded. He was the first person I talked to, and he seemed like he was an interesting guy.

          Jongup smiled again before leaning his head back and closing his eyes. The train journey would be a long one, and with all the excitement buzzing around the cabins, it would be hard to fall asleep until we get to Hogwarts.


 

          Some hours later, the train slowed down until it reached Hogwarts. Every new student crowded the doors, excited to get in, get into their houses, and start eating at the back to school feast. Jongup told me that was how his brothers' first years went, so we decided to stay towards the back. As Jongup got his luggage, Midnight jumped onto the top and sat down. Jongup chuckled, “She thinks she's a princess and I'm the one serving her.” he said, turning to me. Judging by the look on Midnight’s face, I wouldn't say he was wrong.

          Once everyone had filed into the Great Hall, the professors spoke about how excited they were for the new year of students, and welcoming the old students back. “Next,” Professor McGonagall started, “We sort the new students into their respective houses. First one up is Sun, Gabrielle.”

          A girl with short black hair ran up to the chair excitedly. She turned around to face the rest of the students as the Sorting Hat was placed on her head. Her smile was so bright and happy, almost as if she knew the House she would get sorted into. The Hat paused for a few moments, before stating, “This one is loyal and a hard worker, no doubt about that. HUFFLEPUFF.”

          The table housing all the students wearing black and yellow cheered, as Gabrielle quickly ran down and over to her new house. Hufflepuff, I thought, that's the House I don't want to be in. Hufflepuffs never achieve anything great, at least, that was what I was always told. I want to be in any house except Hufflepuff.

          “Moon, Jongup.” She called. Jongup started nonchalantly walking to the chair. I really wondered what house he would get in. He sat on the chair as the hat was placed on his head. “Interesting.” the Hat stated. “One brother in Slytherin, another in Hufflepuff. Both houses are strong in you… However,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter