you became my home

trouble is a friend

gyuri is exactly 2 minutes early for her new job. she checked the time on her phone a second ago and she is checking it again. gyuri takes a deep breath and enters the building. a small chime rings, “welcome to fly high daycare? i’ll be with you in just a second.”

she waits by the front desk taking a more in-depth look at the interior. the daycare seemed ordinary, the walls filled with bright colorful decorations. some bean bags and potted plants around the wall, along with tubs full of toys scattered around. 

the door to a room close to the front desk swings open and she sees a bellossom walkout then sees saerom. “oh hey gyuri!” saerom says cheerfully, “welcome to your first day”

gyuri watches saerom making her way to the front desk, opens a drawer, and rummages around until she pulls out a white apron. saerom hands her the apron that has the daycare’s logo on it which was a minimalist drawing of the legendary bird trio; articuno, zapados, and moltres. 

“here’s your apron, slash, uniform. it would be best to wear it every day as some of the baby pokemon are prone to be well- messy” 

“thank you”

(cute, gyuri thinks to herself. everything about the daycare and her boss is cute. she brushes off the fact that it only been a few days since she met saerom, but it’s also saerom- the one who welcomed her when there was no one else)

gyuri ties the apron around her neck with a strong knot and uses her hands to flatten out at wrinkles. she feels her hand brush over a small ball in one of her pants pockets. she glances over to bellossom then back up to saerom. “do you mind if i bring my buizel out?”

“oh sure, you can always bring him out, in fact, it might be better to have him around to help you and stuff. my bellossom is a real help to me, and i actually kinda think the pokemon here like bellossom more than me,” saerom says looking gratefully at her pokemon partner who was more than happy to dance at the compliment.

she pulls out her pokeball out of her pocket and calls out her buizel. she gives him a few seconds to figure out their new environment. when her buizel see saerom and her bellossom runs to hide behind gyuri’s legs. 

“sorry, he’s a little shy but he’ll warm up sooner or later,” gyrui tells saerom. 

saerom giggles then turn and walk towards the patio doors waving her hand to signal gyuri to follow her. “everyone is playing outside right now, but we’ll have them come inside for lunch soon”

outside she could see three other girls playing with a few baby pokemon with their respective pokemon. as they approached the group of girls, a curious smoochum and happiny takes an interest at the newcomer and made their way over to gyuri. she crouches down to their level and manages to give the happiny a small pet before the pokemon jumps into her arm. surprised, she stumbles back a bit before regaining her balance and glanced at saerom to see her with the smoochum joyfully giving her kisses on the cheek. 

“hey saerom, who’s this?”

“is she a new worker?”

“what’s her name?”

the three girls all spoke at the same time. saerom introduces her to the girls, “guys, this is gyuri and yes she is the new worker i mentioned about”

“and gyuri this nakyung, chaeyoung, and saeoyeon. they’re pokemon trainers that often drop their baby pokemon here. i’ll to refer them as team rocket jr” saerom rolls her eyes when she hears the girls cry out their displeases. 

“are you girls staying for lunch?” saerom asks.

the girls rise from sitting near the tree, they brush off the dirt on their pants and near them gyuri sees a sylveon, chikarita, and pancham. “no, hayoung invited us to this new restaurant she found”

saerom hums, herding all the baby pokemon together. “have you heard from rest?”

“hmm not yet, i think their busy”

“hey! we should introduce gyuri to the rest!” seoyeon, gyuri guess, screams out excitedly.

“how do you like the city so far?” nakyung asks this time. 

gyuri gives them a weak grin and shrugs. “um, i’ve haven’t been here for very long so i’m still unfamilar with everything?” 

“yo, you should totally come with us! we’ll give you a tour of lumiose city”

gyuri looks at saerom with wide eyes, “wait i cant-”

“it’s fine, you’re new here, get to know everyone first then come back”

“really?

“yes, now go! and don’t forget about the apron,” saerom answers already guiding the baby pokemon back inside the building. 

the three young trainers are already around and dragging her out to the city. “okay, so there’s jiwon, she’s performer which is fitting because she’s super loud and dramatic. then there’s hayoung that we’re going to lunch with and she’s a busker that you can find her at the central plaza. jisun is a healer at the pokemon center she’s really pretty and runs a bakery on the weekends. finally, there jiheon. jiheon is the youngest of us all so she’s a squirt but her mom is so cool. her mom is the freaking gym leader of this city. anyways, she’s still in school and i bet she’s going to be some type of pokemon professor in the future with the amount of studying she does”

gyuri feels that this might be a long afternoon. but it all felt comfortable, it was becoming like home. 


literally, nobody asked for this but here’s a pokemon au. um you don't really need to understand pokemon (but google the pokemon bc theyre cute af)

thank you for reading this and sticking around. apologizes for any mistake