sweet and salty (just like us)

trouble is a friend

this hasn't been jisun's first time in doing this but it has been increasingly worrisome ever since they moved into the new dorm.
saerom thinks it has to do with the upcoming comeback and events they need to prepare for.

jisun‘s stress baking again.
at first it was simple prepping school lunches for the ‘00 line.

then it turned into food for the next days lunch and dinner.

now it’s full on baking cakes and cookies at ungodly hours. late night hours that should’ve been for sleeping and not overworking your body even more.
but it’s jisun’s thing.
it’s her way of relieving stress. 

and saerom completely understands in finding a hobby to relax but what she worries is that jisun isn’t sleeping.
the dark bags under her eyes aren’t getting any better and having less than 4 hours of sleep isn’t good for your health.
the last thing saerom wants is jisun or any of the girls having a health issue during the new comeback.


she wakes up hearing faint bowls clanging around and the cover drawers open and close. saerom sighs rolling over to her side reaching out for her phone, squinting from the bright light from the phone screen, checks the time.

it's 3am.

they just got back from practice and everyone finally finished washing up and in bed except for jisun. it’s the third day jisuns been baking at this hour. usually saerom wakes from the smell of the baked foods and can easily ease jisun back to bed now that she’s done baking but today saerom caught her at an early stage. which means she needs to be more persistent in urging jisun back to bed.

saerom quietly climbs down the bunk bed in complete darkness praying she doesn’t miss a step and lunges her foot into jiheon (might have happened once). opens the door with just enough room for her to slip out and makes her way down to the first floor.

“jisun, please, we just got back from practice your body needs rest,” she says entering the kitchen in a hushed voice, too tired to raise her voice, hoping jisun could hear her.

jisun abruptly looks up from mixing something a big bowl and sheepishly gives saerom a smile. “sorry i just thought we could do something nice for the fans?”

saerom rolls her eyes she always made that her excuse. and while they always want to give something nice back to the fans as an appreciation the typically do it during their free time. not when it’s 3am and they have a schedule starting at 8am.

“i think the fans would want you to have some rest and to not put your health over them,” saerom says making her way over to jisun looking over the counter table and analyzing what jisun brought out to make. and based on what she saw, saerom guesses jisun’s making some type of cookie. she eyes the bag of chocolate chips at the far end of the counter table wondering how it hasn't been open and obliterated by the girls.

“It’s okay, really, im not tired and the fans really deserve it.” if saerom wasn’t as tired as she was now, she would totally scoff at jisun’s statement. instead, she shakes her head and sits down across from jisun. in her head, she debates whether her next plan of action, getting damage control, was necessary.

saerom sighs for the nth time. “i'm just gonna go back to sleep”

“okay, good night, sorry for waking you up,” jisun continues to bake.

saerom heads upstairs completely passes her room and quietly enters the ‘98 line plus gyuri’s shared room. her eyes aren't adjusted to the completed darkness but she knows which bed and the lump in the bed is jiwon. she crouches down to the bottom bunk and gently shakes the body.

“jiwon, wake, jisun’s up again,” she whispers trying not to wake the other girl across the room and she shakes the body a little harder.

“huh? what?” jiwon wakes up a little dazed and confused.

“jisun” was the only word she needed to tell her.

“oh, again? alright i’ll deal with it, you can go back to bed,” jiwon gets out of bed, pauses to stretch her arms and yearn, and they both make their way out the door.

saerom slips back into her bed with her eyes slowly closing ready to fall back asleep.


 the next morning, being the first one awake as usual, she heads down stairs to double checks the kitchen to see if jisun actually made something from last night.

to saeom’s delight, the kitchen and counter was clean as if jisun never even tried to bake, besides an opened bag of chocolate chips now half empty sitting on the counter which saerom can only guess it had something to do with jiwon,

she heads back up stairs and into her shared room to wake up hayoung and jiheon which was the fastest and easiest compared to the rest. next she entered the ‘98 line plus gyuri’s room and what she saw at the bottom bed of the bunk bed isn't surprising to her at this point. she sees jiwon and jisun cuddling together in jiwons bunk. saerom decides to give them a little moment and proceeds to wake up gyuri, by laying on top of her.

underneath her she hears a grunt and feels some movement. “can you please change you wake up methods, im tired to have my organs squished at this hour”

saerom rolls her eyes, gyuri a tad grumpy in the morning always had a lot to say in the mornings. she lifts herself off of the girl and scooches towards the side of the bed and leans against the wall.

gyuri rises as well brushing her hair out of her face, gives saerom her best smile and says good morning.  

saerom returns a greeting and looks the cramped bunk filled with two people.

“oh did jisun bake again?” gyuri asks noticing where saerom is looking at. “did you send jiwon for damage control?”

“yeah... damage control,” she nods.

it’s not technically damage control. in fact it’s the opposite of damage control if you send jiwon into the kitchen. when the rest of the girls caught on that jisun stress bakes, some how an idea came around to send jiwon into kitchen. due to past experience, they discovered that the second jiwon steps into the kitchen to “attempt” in making something jisun will shoo her away. one second jiwon is walking into the kitchen then the next second she’s walking out (kinda like a sushi conveyor belt it’s goes in a circle just like how jiwon will kept trying to go back in) it’s was for the best plus for the safety for the rest. everyone won’t stop teasing jiwon about her horrific food she made (the matilda cake or the cake saerom overheard while passing the '00 line’s room) so no jiwon in the kitchen means no food poisoning and no kitchen fires.

but that’s what the rest of the girls think.

saerom, on the other hand, thinks that jisun has a soft spot for the older girl. even though jisun chides jiwon out the kitchen like she’s the plague, saerom doesn’t miss how jiwon will always come out with food in her hand. she also doesn’t miss the soft looks they give each other or the moments where they’re tired and they huddle together whisper about who knows what. or the fact that jisun somehow has the power to get jiwon to lower her voice. they don’t think she notices but saerom always notices.

she feels a poke on her side that wakes her up from her thoughts. “can i wake them up?”

“sure?” saerom questions, eyebrows knit together, gyuri usually doesn’t wake up her roommates.

instead of hearing a wake up call, she sees gyuri throw a plushie towards the sleeping girls with such speed and power saerom winces as it directly hits jiwon in the head. “wake up!”

saerom rubs her temple, she just remembered she forgot her much needed cup of coffee.


merry christmas, heres my present to yall ;)

heh i suddenly remembered how to write
if i keep writing about wonsun then maybe i can revive them from the dead
im pretty sure i take more time thinking of a title name than actually writing :P