remedy

trouble is a friend

jisun knows they shouldn't be doing this. 

they as in, herself, and jiwon standing in front of her who’s asking to go to the park with her. the way jiwon grabs both her hands and pleds “pretty please” in english, for a moment, jisun forgot what time it was and wanted to say yes and go.

jisun had to mentally slap herself out of the daze, blinking slowly back to reality. jisun had two options at this point. one option is being the responsible member and say no because it was almost midnight and they have schedules early in the morning. the second option is saying yes and go to the park with jiwon with the possibility of coming back to a scolding from saerom and maybe her managers in the morning.

jisun needs to learn how to say no.

jisun swears jiwon's squeals popped her eardrums and she could be half deaf now. and the way jiwon is bear hugging her and literally wiggling around from excitement made her heart skip a beat or two.

jisun needs to learn how to get her emotions in check.

she feels a grasp on her hand that tugs her out of the kitchen and drags her to the door. she honestly hopes the older girl who’s making her legs move without command and her heart jump start every second doesn’t her every gasp and heavy breath intake.

sure, they held hands before but for some reason in this situation it felt different. this time it was just two of them hanging out alone at a park. there wasn’t 9 of them making loud noises and having fun. there wasn’t saerom and hayoung there to help jisun control her gay panic every time she hears jiwon’s loud laughter and twinkling eyes towards her.

she stops tying her shoe in realization, holy , all of  jiwon’s attention will be on her and jisun doesn’t even know if her heart can handle all this.

“hey silly, did you forget to tie your shoe or something?” a pair of hands appear in jisun’s sight and begins to tie her shoe for her.

“come on, we don’t have that much time.” and again the hands are reconnected.

at first they walked in silence. well, they needed to in order to sneak out of the dorms but they still remained quiet when they walked out of the streets. jisun doesn’t even know where they’re heading only following the girl holding her hand.

with only the lights from the street lights and the shine of the moon, the streets are unrecognizable to her. “we’re going to park that i found with jiheon and it’s pretty close” jiwon says as if jisun asked her the question out loud.

a hum was all her response. jisun wanted to ask when she found it with jiheon but decided to drop it.

jisun stares at their hands and smiles a little wider. after a few moments of walking she looks up and faintly sees the children’s park up head. jiwon releases her hands and breaks out sprinting to the park.

(a part of jisun wished she held on a little longer.)

she quickly follows jiwon to a row of spring rides and looks over which one to ride until she heard her name. “jisun-ah, let’s ride this one together.” she sees jiwon point to a dolphin with two seats available.

jisun scrunched up her face doubting that both of them (who are adults remind you) could fit on that kiddie ride. “are you such we both can sit on there?”

“come on trust me we can. if not you can just sit on my lap” jiwon waves her hand motion her to come over and try it out.

she sits on the ride first. her feet are touching flat on the ground and stabilizes herself from wobbling on the ride. she hears giggles behind her then feels a hand on her shoulder and other wrapped around her stomach. “see i told ya we both fit”

jisun hasn’t taken a breath this entire time. she doesn’t know if she can.

she feels a head resting on her back. “thanks for coming out with me to the park even though it’s pretty late”

“it’s a good stress reliever” jisun says making an excuse. it wasn’t exactly a lie. they have been working their butts off for their upcoming concerts and this was technically a break for them to relax.

“i’m sorry if you just wanted to sleep or drink your weird health juice” jiwon giggles at the last part. none of her member will stop teasing jisun and her juice packets she constantly drinks.

“it’s okay unnie. i don’t think anybody else would’ve gone with you and it’s dangerous to go out by yourself” jisun lies at the first part. she knows the bbang bbang line would have wholeheartedly accepted jiwon’s request to go the park. she also knows she probably wasn’t the first person jiwon asked (for some reason at that thought her heart aches a bit. she wishes she was). jisun assumes jiwon asked hayoung or jiheon first and probably got rejected since they’re just the responsible type. this also mean they probably snitched on jiwon and told saerom of her plans.

jiwon didn’t give a verbal response back but the hand clutching around her waist squeezed a little harder and that was enough for her.

jisun wants to laugh at the thought of her love life that seems like it came right out of a kdrama. jisun knows she's the complete opposite of jiwon.

but doesn’t opposite attract? that's what the stories she read as a child said. and all those romcoms she watched during the rainy days in the dorm.

jisun, personally, doesn’t believe it. she's smart enough to know that two opposites people together results in many fights and clashes, but she would also be lying if she didn’t think it was cute.

jisun may have a small crush on jiwon.

jiwon who’s very loud and constantly singing and dancing unlike jiwon who would rather be on her bed reading a book and drinking her juice.

jiwon who’s more than confident in herself unlike jiwon who occasionally needs reassurance from the other girls.

jiwon who’s rolls with the flow in any situation unlike jisun is constantly focused for the next plan sticking to a plan.

jisun and jiwon are two completely opposite people.

and yet jisun has a crush on jisun.

she doesn’t see herself confessing anytime soon. jisun wasn’t in any rush and was also partially afraid of the rejection that might come with.

so for now let’s see if she can survive the rest of the night.

 


uhhh forgive my inconsistent writing.
convince me wonsun ain't tragic challenge; failed
this was clear inspired by the wonsun vlive at the park :)))
also im really bad at endings??? so sorry if there wasn't any proper closure