life is sweet (but we can be sweeter)

trouble is a friend

when saerom walked out of the back room after finishing up inventory, something felt off to her. everything felt weirdly calm and quiet? for once she could hear the buzzing from the light display which she typically hears when she's opening up the cafe.

normally she would hear Jiwon singing along to her music playing in her earbuds while wiping the table, gyuri in the office help doing some paperwork (which automatically makes her saerom's star employee but don't tell Jiwon that), and jisun is usually cranking out all the pastries for day occasionally 'scolding' jiwon for sneaking some to eat.

(saerom shakes her head at the thought of jisun trying to scold jiwon. jisun can barely raise her voice at the younger girl without blushing and avoiding eye contact. it's a miracle how they're able to talk without blushing bright red and stuttering. they're embarrassing like a high schoolers with a crush)

instead, saerom walks out to see nobody at the front and she frowns, how many times does she have to tell the girls to stop leaving the front unattended during opening hours. though, she does hear faint chatter from her office. saerom sighs entering the room to find all three girls focused on discussing the plate of dessert in front of them.

she reaches out and taps gyuri on the shoulder, small gasps were heard and all eyes looked up at her. three sheepish grins began to appear, saerom could barley make out jisun's unnie! look what i made! over jiwons giggles and gyuris saying rrrrromsae! (dragging on her rolling r's) again and again

saerom wishes she could say that this is a first, but it isn't. jisun has a thing of creating? inventing? new deserts to sell. most of them do make it on the shelf and because they're actually pretty good and quite popular with the customers. (jisun's cooking skills are something to brag about but you wouldn't hear it from her) however, something jisun does lack is naming ability. the most popular macaron box consisting of 9 different flavors ranging from cookie dough to peanut butter and jelly, jisun calls it promise 9

promise nine?

(when saerom first heard it she just gave it a nod without a thought and went back to her stack of paperwork)

saerom points her thumb over her shoulder which leads two girls out her office while one gives her a salute first before leaving. (jisun doesn't forget to leave behind the new desert for saerom to try)

saerom smiles at her workers getting back to their spots. sure she could take pride in being a successful business owner at 21, having her cafe mentions in magazines for places to visit and shared by millions online, but nothing felt better to her than working her co-works she considers family. (saerom and gyuri did go to school together and met jisun when opening the cafe. Jiwon came in once when the cafe first opened and when she saw jisun the very next day she asked for a job. so they have known each other for years now)



she hears the door open with a ding and without lifting head she could tell who walked in ("rrrromsae!")

the group of high school girls shouts her name while walking to their regular table at the near the kitchen and office where they can talk to jisun and gyuri. (saerom worries everytime they come in that they might be too loud but the customers around them aren't phased, this is really a regular occurrence now)

seoyeon, chaeyoung, and nakyung frantically wave their hands for saerom to notice. she shakes her heads going to grab their regular meals.

she overhears Jiwon asks where her honey baby (honey baby perfect sums up jiheon, being the sweetest girl saerom knows, plus no one can resist her smile?)
a part of her feels bad for jiheon, the middle schooler being involved with the other three loud high schoolers. they have clashing personalities but some how they fit.
saerom felt like she had to protect the younger girl from time to time because she know what schemes the beagle girls can plan ( she automatically shudders at the memories of the syrup incident)

"oh? she said something about club activities" chaeyoung replies when saerom hands her a drink (she thinks the girls are skipping their club activities unlike the youngest one but she didn't want to hear all the excuses they come up with). "yeah and leaving me to third wheel," seoyeon feigns a disgusted look at the couple next to her.
chaeyoung and nakyung rolled their eyes at her exaggeration ("we aren't that bad have you seen saerom unnie and her girlfriend? they're so sweet It make me want to barf") saerom blushes bright red, leaving the table as fast as she can.

she sees Jiwon going back to serve more people and gyuri at the cashier ringing up a customer. shes checks the time while walking back to her office (it's only one-thirty which is prime lunch hour rush) and sighs.

saerom stares at the table with the girls chatting loudly before entering the office to finish some paper work for the next few hours.



"unnie, unnie wake up ...... ROMSAE!" saerom jolts awake with papers stuck to her face when she hears her name. she plucks off them off and runs her hand through her hair, "I'm awake, I'm awake what time is it?" (no unnie you're not awake, unnie stop falling back asleep and it's four in the afternoon)

"oh okay," she rubs her eyes trying to wake her up some more ("unnie did you not hear me?") saerom squints at gyuri trying to process what she hears, "it's four? oh it's four!" (gyrui rolls her eye at the girl)

saerom scrambled around her room trying to find her phone and patting her hair down to look good. taking a glance through the window of her office she see a girl in chair tuning her guitar with a microphone stand next to her on their make shift stage.

suddenly, the girl glances up and smiles at saerom (and it's that smile that makes her heart flutter and physically swoon while her friends are fake gaging behind her back)

she steps out of her office and makes her way to a better spot to her her girlfriend perform.

"hello everyone, I see some familiar faces here but if you didn't know my name is hayoung" sheintroduces herself and her original song she wrote (ignoring the loud whopping cheers from the three high school girls which saerom wonder why they're still here)

the calm, gentle strumming of her guitar has half the crowd swaying their heads and the other half back to chatting or studying with her singing in the background. saerom admires her from a far blushing when she remembers that the majority of these. songs were written for her.

as much as saerom loves this time of day, it's time to go back to work.


sorry for any errors i will try to fix them when i have time.
and sorry if this type of writing style isn't your thing :p 

but thanks for reading <3  i'll try to update as fast as i can (even though im in the middle of exams, i write when im stressed)