//PART 1

To wish or not to wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is really late at night, the sky is a mix of different hues of blues and blacks and is decorated with thousands of little lights that gaze back at everyone who is glancing at them from any part of the world where night has fallen. One of those people is Lee Hongbin, though he didn’t know he would be out at almost midnight. He really didn’t mean to be gazing at the starry sky this night and truly has no idea of how he let his hoobae, friend and roommate suddenly drag him out of their room in a rush and without paying attention to any of his complaints.

 

Hongbin sighs, it is too late to start ranting and even if he did, the younger boy wouldn’t listen at all to him and would toss his words aside with a cheeky smirk, “Oh c’mon hyung” Hongbin hears him mutter, “I am doing this for you”

 

For me? Right, Hongbin wants to scoff but he lets out an unamused laugh instead that makes the younger of the two grin in reply.

 

It all started with a “Hyung! Let’s go out! I just read on twitter there are many stars out tonight” and it ended with him being dragged out of their place, “A shooting star could show up”

 

Hongbin didn’t know what to make of it, the idea of going out of his room almost at midnight just because of some assumption that a shooting star could possibly, quite probably pass by just because there were many stars out today sounded extremely cheesy in every possible way.

 

But he is out, in the cold, standing in the middle of a park near the building he lives at. His denim jacket draped over his shoulders, covering his short sleeved black shirt while he is still wondering why he hadn’t just put it on properly, “Han Sanghyuk” Hongbin pronounces the younger’s name while glaring at him.

 

“Yes hyung?”

 

“When is your shooting star going to show up? I am cold, I have classes earlier than you, I haven’t finished my assignments because of this and--”

 

“Chill, just chill, it will show up eventually even if we have to stand here in this park all night” he hears Sanghyuk rapidly speaking as he seems eager to watch the events unfold in front of his eyes, as if he was truly certain that the star he wishes for will appear tonight.

 

Hongbin just rolls his eyes.

 

‘Chill’, Sanghyuk says, ‘chill’. Like he was stressed out all the time or something. Surely, he can be blunt at times, at times too straightforward and yeah at times he can’t chill but Sanghyuk makes it sound like he wasn’t ever calm. Like his natural state of being was “can’t-ever-chill-Lee-Hongbin”. However, Hongbin does have a lot on his mind, a turbulence of thoughts that make him stay up at night tossing and turning while trying to bury them in the depths of his mind.

 

“I mean,” Hongbin begins as he crosses his arms in front of his chest, placing both hands on his elbows to try and warm himself up a bit in the cold air of the night, “You really want me to stand here, all night, just become you assume some shooting star will show up… because you read on twitter that the sky was full of these beautiful lights and all?” when he turns his head to the side to look at Sanghyuk, the immediate answer he gets is a nod. Just a simple nod that makes him want to facepalm on the spot.

 

And his own reply is to roll his eyes and groan, “I don’t know how, but you are doing my assignments if we stay here for nothing” he knows he is in a different year than Sanghyuk, but he will still make him do his work if his little silly idea affects his grades.

 

“Hyung, come on, don’t behave like you don’t want to see it” Hyuk pouts and Hongbin kinda wants to cringe but he shakes his head no rapidly and takes a step back.

 

“I don’t”

 

“Do not try to convince me otherwise, Hongbin-hyung”

 

“I don’t believe in those things” he shrugs as he embraces himself even more, and at the same time he is cursing his ripped jeans on his mind. They are making him feel cold and he’d rather be on his bed, typing his assignment on his laptop. Warm and comfy.

 

“I am doing this for my lovesick, hyung” Hongbin raises an eyebrow, he has to be kidding. This really must be a joke.

 

“Say what?” he sees a victorious smirk on Sanghyuk’s face now that his sudden statement has captured all of Hongbin’s attention.

 

“Since you aren’t confessing to hyung, I thought maybe the stars would help” when hearing this Hongbin doesn’t know whether to laugh hysterically at the mention of stars granting him a wish, or to panic at the mention of his little growing crush at his hyung, who happens to live in the flat right in front of theirs. He would go for the former though, since he is finding the whole being granted a wish hilarious-and he finds many things hilarious on a daily basis so laughing wouldn’t be out of place. Add that to the fact that Hyuk is treating him like a high-school girl in love and Hongbin will start cringing at any moment.

 

But his system panics instead, “What crush are you talking about?!” he snaps, how could he possibly know about it? Though Hongbin knows that Sanghyuk is his roommate and friend, he just didn’t know that he had become that obvious in the eyes of Hyuk. Surely there have been times he has stopped his morning routine and has opened the curtains of his room just to check if his hyung was there, getting ready to head off to college with them even if he is on his last year. He can’t deny that at times he pretends to be arriving late just to see him one last time before heading inside his flat. And there is no way to ignore the fact that at times he invites him over for coffee knowing how much he likes it. He couldn’t be THAT obvious he believed.

 

He guessed wrong. Now his little secret seems to be out. He is starting to get paranoid in front of Sanghyuk as his eyes are filled with curiosity and the acknowledgement that he had successfully made Hongbin react that way, “What crush? Your crush on Taekwoon-hyung of course! Think I haven’t noticed?”

 

I am screwed, that is all Hongbin is thinking right now, he doesn’t want it to be known that he sorta has had this crush on Taekwoon for a few months now. But he can’t help but to become a bit of a mess when he hears the older talk, and it gets to him when he feels he can’t control his emotions. Plus, he is entirely sure that his cheeks and ears are giving him away-he is already blushing.

 

‘What a way to confirm it’ Hongbin thinks, accompanied by a sigh filled with defeat, and just accepting the fact he couldn’t hide his feelings that well and he had failed in a totally epic way. Suddenly the night doesn’t seem so chilly anymore, it must be that he is feeling warm because of blushing and he is just glad that he is not out on broad daylight and that there is no one but the two of them in this park.

 

“And you dragged me out of our place just so…?”

 

“So your wishes come true, Hongbin-hyung”

 

“A star won’t do anything and besides! It is not like I want him to know…” his gaze lands everywhere but on Sanghyuk’s eyes and he just wishes this childish thing to be soon over. After this, he is probably not doing his assignment.

 

Sanghyuk wants to answer him, retort his claims and prove Hongbin wrong like he himself had experienced something like that before but instead, glances at the sky for a few seconds. He blinks quite rapidly a few times and when he stops, Hongbin can see his eyes open wide and a happy grin showing on his face, “Hongbin-hyung up there!”

 

“I am not falling for this Hyogi” Hyuk suddenly grabs Hongbin by the shoulders and makes him turn around as he points at the sky. Hongbin quickly looks up and is surprised when indeed he sees a shooting star showing up, crossing the sky with an unknown direction to him, but it gives him a sort of warm feeling he hadn’t ever felt before. Hongbin believes he can try something cliché for once so he immediately closes his eyes in a haste as tradition goes. Maybe he can obtain something from this random moment in life.

 

“Make a wish! I will too!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter