Dinner 2

A La Luz
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun couldn't jolt himself out of the whirlpool of thoughts that's been flooding his mind, this Yeolbae issue gave him a headache, and he couldn't stand his curiosity anymore. Thankfully, a bright idea hit him, so he stood up and asked Jongin for the bathroom, because this was the only way to go talk to Kyungsoo in private as Sehun was now back in the living room chatting with his two bestfriends.

" Oh the guest bathroom is upstairs Baekhyun-hyung, the one in this floor is only for us and Kyungsoo refuses for anyone to use it, Hahaha! I'm sorry, he's weird and his requests are weirder and his orders are the weirdest so I'm so sorry to have you climb the stairs up to the bathroom in the second floor while there's one in here." Jongin said while the hair behind his head as a sign of embarassement, little did he know that Baekhyun was so thankful for those "weird requests and orders of Mr. Kim Kyungsoo", because he will finally be able to be alone with the latter and talk privately with him.

Baekhyun excused himself after reassuring Jongin that it was okay for him to go upstairs to the guest bathroom, and that no matter what they have to respect Kyungsoo's requests and orders, because after all this is his house, his property and he has all the rights to do whatever he wants in it. Baekhyun then climbed up the stairs to find the smaller in the kitchen pouring them red wine in a fancy set of cups, before the latter could hold the tray and head downstairs, Baekhyun immediately ran to him, asking him the said question right away before he could go to the first floor serving them the said drinks.

" Ah Kyungsoo! Uhm..err..I ...want...to..uhm..ask you something!" Baekhyun said in between stutters.

" Yes Baekhyun, ask, I'm listening.." Kyungsoo flashed him a bright heart-lipped smile.

" Uhm...well...there's that one question that's been bothering me for quite a while now...and I'm afraid you're the only one who can really answer me..if..you..d-don't m-mind..of course?" Baekhyun shot the shorter male a pleading puppy look.

" Yes Baekhyun, I said you can ask, I'm all ears." Kyungsoo ensure.

" Uhm..well..since we've been in Paris, I knew about someone in Chanyeol's life called "Yeolbae", I heard it from the paparazzi that kept asking him questions when we once went hanging out and eating outside...so please do you know about Yeolbae? Who's he? I think I have the right to know don't you think so? Or maybe I don't ? Tell me please!". Baekhyun asked firmly as Kyungsoo gulped in surprise as if he never expected the latter to know or to ask him such a thing out of nowhere.

" Well...truthfully..Baekhyun-ah..I don't know how things are going on between you and Chanyeol to judge the situation and answer you on the last question you asked...I don't know if you really have to know or not..but..I'm..I mean.. I think... from my own perspective..being his husband...you have the right to know everything..but..the problem is...I'm ..afraid I'm not in the right position to be revealing things about my bestfriend's private life..you know what I mean?? Baekhyun please don't get me wrong..!! Please! Don't think I don't wanna tell you or something..it's just..err..uhm.. it's complicated!!..And..all what I can reveal to you about this issue, is that it's a top secret in Chanyeol's life, and he hasn't revealed it to anyone except the three of us and his parents, even the media don't know who Yeolbae is, they just know the name and it was by accident when they once caught Chanyeol speaking on the phone to him pronoucing his name in a restaurant, paparazzi filmed him, and since then, people on social media kept asking about "Yeolbae" and stuff, many articles were out about the issue, reporters kept asking him in interviews, in the streets, his collegues in work have been asking him too... So Chanyeol got so mad and became even more secretive and over-protective towards Yeolbae which sometimes scares us, but we do understand him and we respect his decision enough to keep this a secret..I'm sorry Baekhyun-ah, that's all I can say. I think Chanyeol is the only one in the rightest position to tell you, if you make him trust you enough within the next days, I don't doubt he would tell you, I'm sure he will go all along telling you everything about his life from the general things to the details, Chanyeol is a sweetheart and he trusts people so easily, don't worry about that." Kyungsoo tried convincing Baekhyun with a flustered smile and an apologetic look, which the elder totally understood, he couldn't blame Kyungsoo, because after all, the shorter was just respecting his bestfriend's request of keeping the issue a top secret.

" It's okay Kyungsoo, I understand you..I really do, so please don't think I'm mad at you or something, I'm definitely fine with this, and I understand you and I respect you and Chanyeol's request." Baekhyun said with a beaming smile.

" Thank you Baekhyun-ah, I'm sorry again, but you know..if you can be more patient and try to convince Chanyeol and gain his trust, I promise you that he will tell you everything, and I think it will sound even better hearing the truth from him than from anyone else, you will be so happy when you hear it from his own mouth, it will be then when you'll know that he trusts you and that you own a place in his heart, and a bigger one, because when it comes to Yeolbae, only people he loves and trusts the most are the ones whom are allowed to know and see Yeolbae." Kyungsoo confirmed rubbing Baekhyun's arm as a sign of comfort.

" I get you Kyungsoo, thank you, sincerely! That would be a new challenge for me!! ..is to gain Chanyeol's trust..thank you for letting me know about this, if you whaven't told me, I would've never known that Chanyeol is super secretive about this Yeolbae thingy and I would've never known that he trusts only few people about it, and I would've never set this goal to challenge myself into gaining his trust. Thank you Kyungsoo-ah, for real!" Baekhyun hugged the shorter male and suggested to help him taking the tray of drinks downstairs.

While they were climbing down the stairs with Kyungsoo holding a plate of pasteries and cookies and Baekhyun serving the drinks, the older of the two voiced out a quick question that has been bothering him

" It seems like Yeolbae means so much to Chanyeol I assume ?" Baekhyun asked.

" More than what you can imagine, we've never seen a man loving someone like how Chanyeol loves Yeolbae, he loves him more than anyone and anything on this earth, they both never fail to amaze me, sometimes even, Jongin asks me if I would ever love him the same way hahahahaha, he doubts me hahaha! That bastard! Haha!" Kyungsoo joked around not noticing the amount of disappointement and jealousy stinging hard in Baekhyun's eyes. Yes he was jealous and he knows he must not be, but he can't help it.

 As they both arrived to the first floor, they started eating and chatting about everything and nothing, Kaisoo voicing out their thoughts and future plans of adopting kids in the next five years, while Sehun has been discussing his decision of returning back to Korea definitely this time and starting his new job there, while Chanyeol kept blabbering about his new music compositions and songs he has just written etc.. the night went by smoothly as they all headed 40 minutes later of massive chat, to the second floor in order to eat the fancy dinner Kyungsoo treated them. After they all thanked him and complimented him for his excellent cooking skills, they started chatting again but this time it was like a memory recalling session, the four bestfriends kept remembering their old high school and college memories which had Baekhyun a little bit out of space, he felt like he's been wheeling them, so he decided to occupy himself with something else, as he averted his attention onto his drink and started staring at it and sipping it slowly as if his life depended on it, noticing the awkwardness Baekhyun was drowning in, Kyungsoo decided to break their chat and turn their attention towards the small male.

" Stop it guys! Baekhyun is the main guest here not any of you! You know I'm bored of seeing all your faces everyday, so he is the most important one here, yet you're all making him feel out of space by recalling our old memories, let's talk about something he can participate in." Kyungsoo smiled with his beautiful heart shaped lips, earning a flower peck from his husband who was sitting right beside him. Baekhyun being seated next to Chanyeol, wouldn't lie how he couldn't stop falling for his tall husband's deep voice while talking and his ily arousing smell, he smells the expensive Hugo Boss cologne and it has Baekhyun drowning in it. Taken off guard by Kyungsoo's word, he apologised and told the guys that he was okay with them speaking about their shared memories and even advised them to carry on their nostalgia chat after. Kyungsoo not being convinced and insisting onto integrating Baekhyun in the conversation, threw a small question to the latter aiming to get him to talk and finally participate in their chat.

" Baekhyunee? Why are you only drinking apple juice? Why don't you drink red wine too? It's new don't worry and it's very expensive so don't be scared of it giving you ulcer or something..!! Haha." Kyungsoo asked, but before the adressed man could answer, a deep voice beated him to it and voiced out the response, earning everyone's attention and making them all gasp of surprise.

" He doesn't drink wine, he says it doesn't taste good and it's a waste of money and it only gives you a hangover and a terrible headache the next morning. I mean he got a point! On long terms, wine causes many diseases such as cirrhosis, cerebrovascular accidents and coma, cardiovascular problems leading to severe crisis and at the end to heart attacks and death, let alone the fact that he is diabetic so he can't really drink wine seeing that he can't even eat candies and sweet foods which contains complicated sugar." Chanyeol proudly said all these information he recently learnt from the research he did when he first knew about Baekhyun's illness. Everyone there was in an awe, especially Baekhyun.

" Wow! Look who's talking about wine?? Chanyeol the wineholic is DISSING WINE?? SOMEOME SLAPS ME I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! WOW!! CHANYEOL IS FINALLY DROPPING HIS BAD DRINKING HABITS AFTER WE ALL SUFFERED WITH HIM TRYING TO CONVINCE HIM FOR YEAAARS!! GOD!! BAEKHYUN CAME IN LESS THAN THREE MONTHS AND ALREADY CONVINCED CHANYEOL INTO DROPPING HIS WINE ADDICTION?? That must be love!! Baekhyun I salute you!!" Sehun gasped in surprise at first then threw himself on a blushing Baekhyun saluting him and bowing to him, then turned to face a shocked Chanyeol and .

" Wait! You're diabetic?" Sehun asked worriedly, ignoring the drama he has just pulled out.

" Yes I am, but don't worry I'm trying to be fine and to stay healthy." Baekhyun shyly answered, hanging his head down blushing at what Sehun said earlier, little did he know that a certain giant was also blushing for the same reason.

" Ah I see, now I get it, well too bad you can't drink wine, but it's okay juices are delicious as well but importantly healthy!" Kyungsoo assured flashing Baekhyun one of his beaming heart-lipped smiles.

" How did you manage to stay healthy while living all alone?" Sehun asked again still worried.

" Well...haha..it was hard to be very honest." Baekhyun not able to articulate a correct answer, the back of his head as he recalled all the terrible days when his diabetes has taken a bad hold of him and ruined his whole life with him losing weight all so suddenly and fainting everywhere in the streets, in work, in school without further alarm etc..

" I see that he doesn't wanna talk about it Sehunah, let him, maybe he has some bad memories that he definitely doesn't want to recall." Chanyeol --being the only one who noticed the discomfort on his husband's face-- unexpectedly said, surprising everyone for the second time this night with his abrupt care towards Baekhyun, the latter couldn't help but blush again, Chanyeol was being so sweet to him this whole day and he can't take it, that's too much sweetness.

" Oh okay sorry." Sehun innocently apologized.

" No no! Don't be, it's totally okay! Please don't be sorry!" Baekhyun guiltily waved his hands in the air in an apologizing manner for Sehun to stop being sorry.

" It's okay hyung, there are things that people can't or maybe don't want to recall and tell, I completely understand you. So don't worry. I hope you could stay always healthy, take care of yourself hyung." Sehun wished flashing Baekhyun a heart-warming eye-smile to which the elder responded with an even cuter smile.

" Okay guys! Should we watch a movie??" Jongin blurted out out of the blue gaining everyone's attention.

" Maybe later Jonginah! I'm so sorry but I've got work to do tomorrow in my home office and Baekhyun looks so tired, I bet he couldn't sleep yesterday since the house was unfamiliar to him, so..yeah..we have to take our leave, I'm sorry once again Nini-yah! Next time I promise to watch a whole horror movie with you" Chanyeol gave the younger male an apologetic look.

" All right hyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter