New reality

A forgotten love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cold water awoke every inch of her body, but not her mind. It was empty, void of any memories, dead.Nothing, not a single recollection of her past. She shifted her head to the right in order to gasp for air and set the water level to the coolest. What to do?If only she knew where to begin, where to look, anything that could lead her to understand this madness.

She wrapped her body in a neatly white towel and let the sound of the water soothe her brain. In front of the mirror she was just another person, she didn’t even recognize herself. Her hair now shorter, past her shoulder was straight and smooth instead of curly and rebel. Her eyes once slave by her dark round glasses were now free, exposing every inch of her face. She could perfectly see without them. Her skin white as snow was now softly tanned, giving her a more vivid impression. She stared at herself a little longer , with a gaze that intensified every second. What happened to you , Yoona ? , was all she could mutter before another shower of tears slide down her face. She fell to the floor, pulling her hairs going crazy at the absurdity of everything. Please, someone help me.

 

-Mrs. Lee, may I come in?- Someone softly knock on the other side of her bedroom door.

 

-y… yes- she muttered in a shaky ,trembling voice. She grabbed a wipe to clean her tears.

 

-I’m sorry , I didn’t realize you were still on the bathroom – She placed a tray with a glass of water and some pills on one of the nightstands.

 

-You didn’t interrupt anything, I went back to brush my teeth. – She offered a weak smile, enough to make it seem everything was as fine as it could be. She grabbed a silver brush and sat on the corner of the bed, trying to untie her knots.

 

-May I help you ?- She extended her right hand, but Yoona was confused by the question. She took the brush from her hands and begun to comb each strands of brown hair. -I know you don’t remember . But I still remember the day you first came to this house, you looked so lost, like a lonely puppy looking for directions. We became friends very quickly, within weeks and after that I would comb your hair every night. I might not know how you feel right now, but I can understand the loneliness you must feel. I’m here for everything you need, I will be here.

 

A tear rolled down her cheek, she looked at her maid’s eyes. She might not remember much, but she feels, and her feelings told her she could trust her. A soft smile adorned her lips-Thank you, you don’t know how much it means for me. Can you tell me how my life was here, in this house?

 

-I remember you looked different, curly hair and glasses on – She nod in agreement. – I’m glad you remember that. You were very shy and reserved , but your love for designing change that. You always wanted to be a well know designer and spent days and nights at the studio creating these beautiful ideas adding textures and layers to them to turn them into the most beautiful dresses I have ever seen. It was going to be your first collection and you wanted to design 20 dresses fully on your own. It took you a whole year to be nearly done with all those dresses. Then you started redefining yourself, be more stylish and fashionable. Day in and out all you did was talk about this moment of your life, where your biggest dream was going to come true. Panic set in when you realized in order for your opening to be successful you needed to create business partnership, invite fashion designer and people who truly believed in your work. Your shyness didn’t stop you in creating successful business relationship, and six months later you officially opened your first store and made your first fashion show.- Her watery eyes exploded into a shower of emotions. She would have given anything to remember that moment. Fashion was always the constant in her life, it was the manifestation of her feelings, her emotions, her dreams, her experiences, it was all her.

 

The maid hugged her in a warming embrace, softly caressing her hair. – It will get better. One day at a time and if that’s too much then one moment at the time. Don’t think for the next days, just feel this new life you have no memory of, time will take care of the rest, okay?

 

-Okay. What’s your name?- She broke the embrace , walking towards the tray with the water glass.

 

-I’m Jeon Mi-seon, but you can call Mi . By the way, those pills will help you sleep throughout the night. Doctor recommend taking it until you can sleep properly without them. Oh, I forgot! Mister Lee will stay in his office downstairs tonight, has a big contract ahead of him in the next few days. If you need me I will be in the servant’s room by the kitchen.

 

As soon as Mi left the room, Yoona wash down the pills and within a few minutes she felt numb and weightless. Everything went black.

 

-Good morning, my lovely cousin. TIME TO WAKE UP!- She found Ji Hyun opening every curtain and window on the bedroom. Yoona grudge in frustration and pain when the sun hit her eyes.

 

-Can you please keep your voice quiet, cousin?- Ji Hyun sigh and threw away the blankets to the door.

 

-Missy- I – always- wake -up – at – 6 am , is 10 am- She pointed to the golden clock on the wall- We have an appointment at 11 am with the daughter of the CEO of an electronics company. Her wedding is set in two months and guess what? – She said rolling her eyes- You are her dress designer. I will go down and eat something . BE READY IN 15 MINUTES!- A loud bang came from the door and then silence.

 

She was speechless, her designer store was in the Dongdaemun market , one of the most famous market in Korea. Her store was three floors high and had a very modern and clean look. The floor was a polished granite white. The ceiling white, with small shining dots that resemble stars and the walls made out of crystals. At the center of everything where dresses, thousands and thousands of them. Colors, texture, designs she didn’t know she was capable of creating lay in front of her eyes. One dark blue strapless mermaid dress caught her attention, she remembered this dress, she did it for someone, but she couldn’t recall who.

 

-Yes, this are all your creation. That dress, it was sold out within seconds after Park Min-Young wore it to a gala show and until this day it reminds a classic. Anyways, remember we have important people waiting.- She grabbed Yoona by her arm and ascended to the third floor to her office.

 

Hours went by and Yoona was trying to make sense of everything. She had orders overdue, and a long list of new orders coming in, it what’s going to take her several months to be back on track. Three weddings dress where schedule in two months and another 10 of those dresses in the next five months, thirty prom dresses in 3 months, and hundreds of normal dress orders. There was no way she was going to have everything ready at promised time, even if she worked 30 hours during the day.

 

She walked towards the head of her assistants, Tiffany, which looked to be in trouble trying to please a client.

 

-I’m pretty sure you requested these changes, and I made sure they were done exactly as you said. This is the fifth time we are going thorough these changes.- Tiffany try to remain calm but her patience was wearing down quick.

 

-Well, is not my fault that these changes take a month to be done. Do you know how much fashion changes in a month? I can’t wear something outdated. This problem would have been so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter