056

Lost and Found

 

 

“Where are you?” Sehun asked as soon as Sammy answered, the girl from the other end chuckled.

“I see that you’ve been having a great day so far, baby.” She said jokingly, Sehun wanted to roll his eyes, but he can’t. He was at a lunch gathering together with Kia’s board of directors, managers and other higher-ups. They were all welcoming him to the company and applauding him for finally deciding to join them.

“Somin-ah,” Sehun almost whined.

“I’m already on my way, I told you I had a meeting today. And Jaejoong oppa seems a little irritated that our new project is behind schedule.” She reasoned, Sehun could hear one of his men telling Somin about that they were already near the building.

“Just transfer back to Chanyeol hyung, it was easier back then.” Sehun snorted, Somin laughed.

“I’ll see you in a few then.” She mused back before ending the call, Sehun put his phone back in coat pocket and plastered his polite smile back on his face.

“I know you hate this, son, but it’s only a one-time thing.” His father teased as different dishes were being served to their table.

“It better be.” He murmured back as he looked at his plate.

“Uncle,”

Sehun’s head snapped right up, Somin was walking towards them, the elder smiled and stood up to greet her with a hug.

“Sorry for being late, I got caught up at work. Congratulations on finally having your son here.”

“Ya.” Sehun muttered before extending one hand to her.

“Well, he did come a bit too late.” Mr. Oh said conspiringly before gesturing for her to sit down, Sehun glanced around them, most of the people were looking at Somin curiously. They knew who she was, but they probably didn’t have any idea why she had joined them.

“Hi, you look nice.” Somin said as she placed her hand over his, Sehun smiled and kissed the side of her head before pulling the chair for her.

“Tomorrow’s a Tuesday,” He said as they sat down, Somin glared at him.

“And, I have things to discuss with you.” Sehun said quietly as Somin picked up her utensils.

“About what?”

“Eomma asked me to move out of the condo, I am going to have to transfer to the house they gave me three years ago.”

“That’s nice, you can babysit Bacon.” She nodded, she glanced at Sehun, she could sense how the arrangement made him uncomfortable. It was too soon for the changes; he wasn’t used to being in this side of the game. Working for Choi and Min gave him a lot of freedom, but now he was under a lot of watchful eyes being Kia’s sole heir.

“It’s not that bad, lawyer ahjussi. Having your own home means more garage space, a garden for Bacon to play at, and, a pool, hopefully.” She beamed as she patted his thigh.

“Will you come over and sleep?” He asked.

“Your father is literally right beside me, and you’re asking me that?” She replied, Sehun chuckled heartily.

“I’ll give you your own room, don’t worry.” He winked at her, Somin shuddered.

“Okay, I kind of want cold Oh Sehun back.”

 

 

“How’s Sehun holding up?” Jena asked as the nail artist cleaned her nailbeds, Sammy was sitting beside her, munching on some fries.

“Not exactly excited about taking over, but he survived lunch with the BOD earlier.”

“People are talking about it, well, most of are just admiring his looks. You should probably watch out, mothers might just march in his office and offer their daughters to yoru lawyer ahjussi.”

Somin laughed and shook her head.

“Oh, so you’re not worried?” Jena wiggled her brows at her.

“No, not exactly. But I’m rather more worried for the mothers?”

“Why is that?”

“Oh, Sammy’s here too.” Kai said as he walked in the room, he kissed the top of Jena’s head before giving his friend a fist bump.

“With Sehun’s personality…I doubt they’ll even get inside his office.”

“Right, Sehun is the most approachable guy I know.” Jena said flatly, Kai handed the girl her usual Starbucks drink and plopped down beside Somin.

“Exactly, I hope he’ll adjust to Kia well. His parents are so happy to have him there.”

“Don’t worry, Sehun is made for that job. He knows how to handle those things, it might take a while to bring out the CEO side, but it’s there.” Kai nodded.

“Now, shall we talk about how your mother has been calling me lately.” Kai started, Jena ducked her head and whispered to the nail artist.

“Let’s not listen, intense BFF talk time is on.” She said conspiringly, Somin sighed before facing her friend.

“I’m meeting up with her tomorrow, for crying out loud. It’s not like I blocked her number!”

“But you’re not picking up her calls either!”

“I’m busy!”

“You were out with Sehun earlier, now you’re at a nail bar.” Kai argued back.

“And, no, do not tell me to off.” He said before he could speak again, Somin groaned and just threw a French fry at him. Jene grew amused just by listening.

“Fine, I’ll lend you the Stinger, you .” She muttered, Kai grinned and cheered for himself.

“Just so you know, Jena, that’s the kind of man you’re marrying. Don’t be fazed by the good looks.” Somin muttered before finishing her soda.

“Hey, marrying me means marrying you too!” Kai laughed, Jena sighed at the two.

“I don’t know who’s the most childish, the Korea Air brat or the Samsung child?” Jena muttered under her breath.

 

 

Sehun leaned back against the car, he loosened his tie and tried to flex his neck. He had been in countless of meetings all throughout the day, not that he wasn’t used to it. It was just not what he was expecting, Kai and Chanyeol always looked so carefree, but he had a feeling there was different story to that.

“It was a long day, huh, sir?” His secretary spoke from the seat, his driver glanced at him briefly.

“I didn’t have three hour long meetings at Choi and Min.” He murmured back, the male smiled.

“It’s only just this week, sir. Everyone wants to meet you.”

“You mean; everyone just wants to size me up.” He rolled his eyes, the latter chuckled.

“I don’t think that’s why they wanted to meet you, director.”

Sehun snorted, he faced the windows and found Somin walking towards the garage with Bacon tailing after her. Jena and Chanyeol were standing by grill, preparing the meat.

“Director!” Kai greeted the male as Sehun slid down from the Bentley, Somin looked up and gave him a wave.

“How was your first day?” Chaeyoung grinned as she stepped out of the house carrying a bunch of cutleries with her.

“It was fine, noona. Let me help you with those.” Sehun took the things for her, he could hear Sammy and Kai arguing at the garage, probably something about her car’s new paintjob.

“Somin was a little worried you might be too stressed out, so she suggested we have barbeque tonight.” Jena said as the two reached them.

“Which is not a bad idea.” Kai said as he joined the group. Somin padded towards them with a huge grin on her face.

“I see you got what you wanted,” Sehun said conversationally before tucking the girl under his chin.

“Hmm, the Audi you gave me has a new color now. Emerald green.” She said proudly.

“Only Somin would think come up with that kind of color on an Audi.” Chanyeol mused as he grilled the meat.

“How was the rest of your day?” Somin asked him, Sehun didn’t speak, he just shrugged.

“Uneventful, huh? At least you got to meet the other BOD members. You said you wanted to see their faces.” Somin continued as she arranged the plates, Sehun remained clinging onto her as she moved.

“Hmm.” Sehun hummed.

“Then you probably have more meetings tomorrow. Do you want me to drop by with lunch?” She offered as she opened the soda bottles. Kai glanced at the two, it was amazing how they could communicate without actually talking. Or without Sehun having to speak.

“I’m moving to the house tomorrow night.” Sehun said to her.

“Oh, right, I just remembered, I’m going to be really busy, so, rain check?” She joked, Sehun snorted and kissed the side of her head.

“You know I want you there, Sammy.”

 

 

Sehun walked in the kitchen, only to find Somin, already dressed for work, sitting on the kitchen counter with her iPad right in front of her.

“Oh, hi.” She glanced at him briefly, Sehun blinked at her position and approached the girl. He grew amused as he realized that Sammy was watching Tokyo Ghoul on the screen.

“You might get late because of that, Samantha Park.” He said jokingly before pulling the girl towards him, Somin rolled her eyes at him.

“I didn’t know you were coming over for breakfast. We should get something to eat on the way.” She suggested as Sehun lifted her off the countertop.

“I already brought breakfast.” Sehun pointed towards the dining table, Somin followed his gaze and she smiled before pulling away from him.

“Good, we can~” She halted when Sehun yanked her back and pressed his lips against hers, she chuckled before kissing him back. She felt his hands roam around her back, then he steadily lifted her up on the counter, his lips not leaving hers.

“You smell nice.” He murmured as he placed butterfly kisses on the side of her neck.

She chuckled and ran her fingers through his hair, Sehun kissed the tip of her nose and pulled back.

“And, I’m here because I’m coming with you to see your mom.” He added as he walked towards the dining table to get the food he brought over, Sammy groaned.

“I was hoping you’d forget about that,” She muttered darkly as Sehun placed her usual Starbucks order on the counter, Somin picked it up and took a small sip.

“Nope. I didn’t.” He winked at her before placing the sandwich on her lap, he leaned against the counter beside her as he started to eat.

“You’re…okay, right? I mean, with the whole leaving Choi and Min and having to work corporate…?” She trailed off, Sehun glanced at her and he nodded.

“I’m okay, Sammy. Stop fretting over it.” He scrunched his nose at her.

“I’m just worried that you were forced into it because of what happened to me.” She replied, Sehun paused and he faced the girl.

“No, it’s not like that. Although, things are a lot easier now, I don’t have to sneak out of the office just to see you.” He joked, Sammy smiled.

“Eat up, I’ll drive us today.”

“Let’s take the Stinger.” She suggested as she took a small bite of his sandwich.

 

 

“Abeoji wouldn’t even give me one,” Sehun grumbled, the girl laughed and finished her coffee.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++